Brat Lies Matter in the USA because we have free speech. On that level it doesn’t matter if everything said is a lie, “It’s a book!” or some such lie aimed at inflaming violence, injury and death, though it does matter if the continuous lies directly incite violence, in which case people may well be going to prison, and rightly so.
Of course, to be perfectly correct about the matter: Error has no rights at all. But anyway:
Have you noticed that it’s not about black and white? The police officer is black and the police chief is black and protesters are both black and white. This is about anarchy and hatred of society, really about self-hatred. Now there’s a state of emergency and the National Guard has taken to the streets. A friend said that just outside of Charlotte, all day yesterday, the sky was filled with Black Hawks at the ready.
Anyway, I mean, here’s the deal: maybe the guy was mentally deficient or otherwise disabled, but he exited his car at a police stop and pulled a gun. At that point any claimed disability, whether a lie or the truth, doesn’t matter at all. People have a right to self-defense, and black police officers are people too. It’s all sad.
But let’s be clear: Brat Lies Matter hates black police officers because they are black. And now one civilian is at the edge of death and twenty some police officers are injured.
If I were head of schools in Charlotte I would require immediate and mandatory classes on how to interact with police, regardless of racial heritage:
- At a traffic stop, pull fully off the road, turn any music off, do not unbuckle your seat belt, don’t rummage around in the center console, under your seat or in the glove compartment, roll down the window 50%, keep both hands on the wheel, be polite with the officer when he approaches your vehicle, follow his instructions no matter what.
- If the officer says to exit the vehicle and get on the ground, and you’re parked over a mud puddle, you’re going to get wet. Get over it. Deal with any treatment issues later. Now is not the time to use threats and foul language. Don’t jerk away. Don’t argue. Just comply.
- Don’t hit the police officer. Really.
- Don’t pull a gun on the police officer. Really.
- Don’t run into traffic.
- Don’t ram the police cruiser.
As part of these school lessons, everyone will be required to be respectfully present and participate if possible…
- In singing the National Anthem while saluting or with hand over one’s heart
- In reciting the Pledge of Allegiance
If it’s a Catholic School, I would have the students take a knee in chapel and recite before the Most Blessed Sacrament the Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, that is, the full version, with no politically incorrect bits taken out.
Last night, the parish of Saint Thomas Aquinas, near ground zero of the Charlotte riots, had an all night session of adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament. And that’s exactly the right thing to do. Good for them. We’re not going to change anything for the better without Jesus, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception.