This guy’s number two to Archbishop Fisichella, therefore the Secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization, the umbrella organisation for the Missionaries of Mercy.
His talk is entitled “Pastoral Indications on the Sacrament of Reconciliation.” I’m guessing this will be a rehash of the Vademecum for Confessors. It would be great to hear a few words on the Curé d’Ars. This being the closing conference, a bad and evil temptation to entrench in a bad and evil thought came to me, that this will be all about Amoris laetitia, reducing the Missionaries of Mercy to only one perspective of the ever so political chapter 8 of that iteration of what Pope Francis himself in the same papered volley calls a dialogue. In view of the other conferences, I have to doubt that. It’s been all good, in fact, fantastic up to this closing conference. It’s been my fear during these years that we would be political pawns in a much larger chess board. But that’s just stupid me, and I know it. I’m sure I’ll rejoice.
- Confessors must be faithful, dedicated, joyful, conscientious.
- Missionaries of Mercy are to promote the Sacrament of Confession in their dioceses.
- Priests are instruments of Jesus’ mercy, acting in His Person in this Sacrament.
- Those in the darkest of existential peripheries want a Confessor who totally understands them and is in solidarity with them to bring them into the light of the joy of “seeing” the risen Lord.
- Don’t treat penitents badly!
- Mulier adultera of John 7:53–8:11. All traditional interpretation.
- Curé d’Ars! Yay!
- San Leopoldo Mandić, OFM.Cap. Yay!
- The joy of filial dignity provided to the penitent.
That’s it! Great!
Fisichella is adding a personal story about Padre Pio…