From time to time I’ll ask for prayers for Pope Francis. That’s always a good idea. There is no one more attacked by Satan than any Pope, whoever it happens to be, saint or sinner, who lives within the Tradition or is simply a heretic, who lives as an ascetic or as el creepo. One wants the Pope to assist in bringing us all into unity with Him who is the Living and unmanipulatable Truth, Christ Jesus, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception. Praying for the Pope doesn’t comment that one agrees or disagrees with anything he says or does. Your prayers are that he be in humble thanksgiving to Jesus, and therefore that he live and teach in a saintly manner always regardless of what he is presently doing and teaching, or not. This is not difficult. But for some, apparently, it is.
I received this Speedy reaction to my last appeal for prayers for Pope Francis the other day, light lightening. It is from a Satanist in Canada, apoplectic that I get absolutely everything wrong. Let’s take this sentence by sentence. Let’s call this person Speedy:
- “It is obvious you do not know what Bergoglia’s [[“a” – That’s a bit insulting]] agenda is.” [[What I apparently don’t know is that Speedy‘s agenda is identical to that of Pope Francis, which, in Speedy‘s opinion, is praiseworthy. Of course, what Speedy says Pope Francis’ agenda is does not mean that such is in fact the agenda of Pope Francis!]]
- “At the very beginning of his Pontificate, he praised Lucifer, who is the god he believes in..” [[As has often been said, Pope Francis has dissed Satan and called for exorcisms perhaps more than all other Popes put together, right from the beginning of his Pontificate. This might throw one off guard, but Speedy is actually using Pope Francis as an authority to hide behind, you know, to say that Satanism is a good thing: If the Pope believes that Satan is god, can’t we all do that? Speedy explains:]]
- “To begin with, Lucifer is the Original Evil, in existence at the same time as God.” [[And there we have it. Speedy insists for us numbskulls that Lucifer is just as much God as God, kind of one half of a dualistic God, part good, part evil, so that Satan is as eternal as God, so that Satan is not a creature, but is also God. “Original Evil.” That’s not “Original sin. See what Speedy says now, following up on this:]]
- “Lucifer’s greatest Deception is the belief that he is a fallen angel created by God.” [[Get it? Speedy is saying that the truth is that Satan, Lucifer, is not created by God, is not a creature, but instead that Satan, Lucifer is God, just the evil side of a kind of binary god. In that case, always according to Speedy, Lucifer cannot be an angel, that is, a messenger of God, but is a God in his own right. Moreover, Speedy insists that Lucifer is not fallen which would somehow say that evil is less than good. Some others have said that Satan is a personification of evil (a figment of the imagination, therefore, or a mere imaginary analogy with original sin, which is all also incorrect). Speedy is saying that being evil is not being fallen. It is what it is, so that evil is just as good as good is good.]]
- “His agenda” [[The agenda of Lucifer (follow the referent of the pronoun).]] “is to bring all churches, denominations, including Islam under one church with him [[“him”=Lucifer.]] as the leader of the New World Religion in the NWO [[New World Order, which refers back to New World Order of Professional Wrestling? Just askin’. Speedy is saying that Pope Francis shares in this “church” and so is also trying to proselytize Muslims to be in church. That would be the very first time I heard of Pope Francis trying to proselytize anyone whomsoever. Sure, Satan wants everyone under himself because Satan, Lucifer, hates us. Conversely, Jesus wants to give us as a gift to our Heavenly Father, because Jesus loves us. “The many” will be saved, but not all. We do have free will.]].
And that’s the end of the screed. It’s like I can hear howling and barking from this Satanist upon finishing this attack on Jesus and Jesus’ Church, upon heaping praise for Satan. If this is a someone who allowed “theirself” to become bitter and frustrated and angry and icily cynical and vicious, well… speaking directly to this person… I hope you will come around: choose eternal life, not eternal death. So, therefore:
Go to Confession!
Here’s the deal: Even if Pope Francis were to be teaching and doing all those truly evil things listed above (NOT!), would we not all the more want to pray for Pope Francis to assist in bringing him out of the darkest of existential peripheries? Yes. So, also: