Even during the Coronavirus 15 Day Presidential Social Distancing Program, I’ve only had some minutes of extra time at home. I’m guessing that I’ve been successful at keeping my mission-of-mercy mileage down to somewhere less than 3,500 miles in the last ten days or so. Today I haven’t gone anywhere outside of the supermarket to get some flour. Super-expensive as the only thing left was organic. Fine.
It’s important when having an extra few minutes at home to do stuff. I know I should be writing something on Genesis, but I found two other things with which to put that off for at least a few more hours.
- Yard work. The neighbor donated his rubbish twigs and branches to me for filling up the huge holes that Shadow-dog has been wearing into the ground on his rounds. It’s not digging, mind you. Just his wearing out the ground. He’s got energy. So I threw those in the Shadow-dog pits and then got my branch-cutter and went to work first on the Jasmine, ripping it all off the interior fence to make room for new growth, and then off cut off all branches higher than three feet off a bush-tree that grows some ten to fifteen feet every year, threatening the car-port. I threw all that into the Shadow-dog pits as well. Ha!
- Baking. I haven’t done this in – like – forever. Result: really, really good. I had two full slices, which is 75% more than my Keto diet allow for in carbs. But I figured if lots of other things were fatty and I did up all that exercise above, and then more, I might just continue in the Keto. We shall see tomorrow morning.
That’s a 9″x5″ bread pan. The cooling rack is actually from inside the toaster oven. The space between the wires is exactly 0.75″. That will give me 12 slices at 0.75″ thick. Perfect. And that’s what the recipe calls for, giving the nutrition info for each slice:
- 273 calories
- 11.8 g total fat
- 39.3 g carbohydrates
- 4.9 g protein
Half of each slice, the amount intend to eat each morning toasted in the toaster over and then adding an ounce of butter – Mmmmm! – comes to:
- 136.5 calories
- 5.9 g total fat
- 19.9 g carbohydrates
- 2.45 g protein
Ingredients and measurements. I’ve seen this recipe on any number of sites. No copyright infringement intended. If it’s truly yours and you want we to take it down, drop a comment. This site doesn’t garner anything from this…:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1.3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly grease 9×5″ loaf pan
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, applesauce and butter
- Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until combined
- Fold in walnuts and raisins
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until a toothpick in center comes out clean
- Allow to cool before slicing