- You remember how Elijah stopped up the heavens from raining for years.
- You remember how Elijah brought Israel back to the faith all of Israel with the great sacrifice on Mount Carmel.
- You remember how Elijah took proper care of the necks of the 450 henchmen of Jezebel / prophets of Baal (not to mention the 400 fake prophets of Asherah[?]).
- You remember how Elijah prayed for rain, and it did rain. He saw from his cave facing the Mediterranean Sea (above which I lived) a cloud in the form of a foot rising from the sea, bringing the rain. This is the foot which reaches out, taking the initiative, to crush the head of the serpent back in Genesis 3:15.
- You remember how the crusaders preached by the greatest of saints in those bygone centuries, who fought defensive wars against the Islamicist slaughters of the faithful in the Holy Land.
- You remember how some of the crusaders then removed themselves off to Mount Carmel not far from the cave of Elijah. They took what is actually the Dominican habit, just brown, with the scapular, the tiny version of which is pictured above. I hope you wear it. I do. And pray the Rosary. Daily!
- You remember how the new Carmelites moved into the wadi, right were I’m standing to take the picture below, looking down to the Mediterranean. They wanted to become prayer warriors in the same spirit as they were crusaders. How embarrassing the mosque you see to the upper right of the picture. Sigh.
We gotta remember the history of Mount Carmel whilst we live our own lives today whilst we wear the scapular and whilst we pray the rosary.
And, of course: