I knew it was dead serious trouble when the façade-of-niceness lady came to this particular church in the backsides of back ridges of Appalachia on behalf of the Atlanta, GA Census Bureau Regional Field Office, that is, on behalf of the Census Bureau quarters in Suitland, MD, that is, under powers of the Secretary for the US Census Bureau in Washington, DC.
Her first trusted Census Community partner in the region was yours truly. She wanted desperately to get her hands on info regarding our Latino community, it being that most of them are Catholic and, you know, I’m their priest.
The obvious question back to her without answering her Latino community questions was this: So, how much do you know about Gaming Theory? She was instantaneously livid with anger, controlled, but shaking, explaining, while gritting her teeth, that she had taken doctoral degrees in this area of statistical hell and from the Jesuits no less. Taking the opportunity of her off-kilter emotions, having caught her off guard, another question was put to her face about whether or not she had worked for the US ARMY’s DARPA *COMPASS* program, (a side note on war-games involving also individual citizens HERE). What with all the stats and spreadsheets in her business of the Census, the COMPASS program would have been a great C.V. line-item to fly up the ladder. Yes, she admitted: plenty of work for DARPA COMPASS.
:-) I’m so bad and evil.
Here’s a summary of COMPASS:
- An emergent type of geopolitical warfare in recent years has been coined “gray zone competition,” or simply “competition,” because it sits in a nebulous area between peace and conventional conflict. It’s not openly declared or defined, it’s slower and is prosecuted more subtly using social, psychological, religious, information, cyber and other means to achieve physical or cognitive objectives with or without violence. The lack of clarity of intent in competition activity makes it challenging to detect, characterize, and counter an enemy fighting this way.
- “The Collection and Monitoring via Planning for Active Situational Scenarios (COMPASS) program aims to better understand and respond to an adversary’s competition. COMPASS seeks to leverage advanced AI and other technologies to help commanders make more effective decisions to thwart an enemy’s complex, multi-layered competition activity. The ultimate goal of the program is to provide theater-level operations and planning staffs with robust analytics and decision-support tools that reduce ambiguity of adversarial actors and their objectives.”
- Targets, including individual citizens of these USA, are subjected to baiting and gaslighting, even using violence, so as to fill out the AI algorithms needed for a more accurate usage of COMPASS, with sources being social, psychological, religious, information, cyber. The point is to allow field officers to effect an extra-judicial killing on you, you know, with a clean conscience, because AI told them to do it. That’s easy. It’s the new version of the devil made me do it.
As I proceeded to grill the nice Census Bureau lady about abusing the census for gerrymandering and perverting elections, she retreated into ambiguous obfuscation: there are talking points we were given on that. And that’s all she said about it. Pfft. You know, just my opinion, but the mid-level guys ought to send out better trained people than her. To wit: the very day Trump signed an executive order forbidding the Census Bureau from using data for gerrymandering, she resigned, as she told me in an email. I wrote about that, and, instantaneously, I got a blog visit from the U.S. Census Bureau in Suitland to an obscure, long-archived humorous post on this blog about “little white lies” starring Lillian Carter and Jesus. The first time she had visited my blog through the Suitland servers she bragged within hours that she had visited my blog, laughing with glee. As it is, that unnuanced statement of resignation may mean that she is now moving up the ladder, as expected.
Her pet project, DARPA *COMPASS* has me on the list as a targeted individual, as I was informed by the new FBI compound just North-East of Atlanta, but not for nefarious purposes, just informational, I hope[!], inasmuch as Diplomatic Security just up from the Rosslyn, VA metro stop established a kind of Doppelgänger of mine with secured identity for work with CCS (Counterintelligence for Consular Services) at Main State (the main campus of the Department of State at Foggy Bottom), blah blah blah. I’ve written on all this before, too many times. I can’t get out of it. It’s a “perpetual” program, even “interdepartmental”. I’m really fed up with it. My protestations are detrimental to whatever it is that the Doppelgänger is up to, and that’s dangerous for me. He started out with arms transfers to the Sinaloa Cartel, that is, in its very beginnings, waaaay back in the day.
- “The Bureau of Diplomatic Security, more commonly known as Diplomatic Security, or DS, is the security and law enforcement arm of the United States Department of State. DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information.”
Anyway, I had asked her if she would help me get out the “program”, seeing that she’s interested in actual numbers of people, what with the census, and there happening to be two of me, born of the same parents, at the same second, in the same hospital, with the same name, same social security number, same everything. On behalf of CCS at Main State, Diplomatic Security brags about this to me, and brags repeatedly: they are so very good at establishing alternative secured identities to people who then become that provided identity, and they NEVER make a mistake, not ever. The upper echelon census lady said with a rather severe voice that there was zero chance of her helping me with this, adding: “I will not help you.” Ironic, methinks.
Indeed, the stakes have been jacked up. I’m now faced with a damned if I do and damned if I don’t situation:
- If I answer the unrepeatable particular life-history details of the American Community Survey (another program you absolutely cannot get out of, and penalties are established by the U.S. Congress) I will be told that I’m a liar, because the Doppelgänger surely has different answers. If I’m hit with lying, it’s up to a US$5,000.00 fine and/or up to five years in prison, or both.
- If I just ignore the survey for a couple of months, harassment by the Census Bureau is guaranteed: constant phone calls, banging on the door, clogging my mail box, harassment which is all legal for them. If I continue to ignore them, it’s up to a US$5,000.00 fine and/or five years in prison, or both. And this will be repeated as time goes on.
Of course, people say that it’s extremely rare that such contempt for a congressionally mandated harassment about unrepeatable personal life history that has nothing to do with the local population is ever prosecuted, that they just want to scare you into compliance. That’s true, because they save a ton of money avoiding litigation. But sometimes they do prosecute, you know, if they are malicious. On that note…
I have to say that I did respond to the much more mundane questions of the actual census of the population, with alacrity, on time, and politely, even though I was told by the nice lady that even those basic answers would be falsified on purpose so that the rest of the answers couldn’t be referred back to me. Of course, they get to choose, for the sake of gerrymandering, which answers they want to manipulate, like about, say, race. But my good faith effort was very sarcastically, mockingly called into question by the Atlanta Census Bureau field office. How’s that?
I started getting many harassment phone calls from three guys, and, when I could, I finally picked up the phone over bluetooth in Sassy the Subaru. The Census Bureau guy asked with a sing-song “gotcha question” voice filled with sarcasm and triumphant mockery: “This is a Catholic ♬ rectory ♬ isn’t it?” “Yes,” I said. “Well, then,” he continued in his sarcastic voice, “it being that this is a ♬ Catholic rectory ♬ there must be all sorts of women and children who live there, right? I mean, after all, it’s a ♬ Catholic rectory ♬. There has to lots of women and children that you’re keeping there, right?”
“Keeping there…” That’s like pronouncing that it’s an established fact that all Catholic priests, because they are Catholic priests, are imprisoning women and children in dungeons or doing up human trafficking or pimping them out or are trying to counter, say, immigration laws. Um… No.
It’s against the law for the Census Bureau to outright mock religion and with such baiting, mocking sarcasm. I should have these nice people thrown into prison for a much longer time than just five years. This is a religious hate crime wrought purposely by the Federal Government, deep as it might be at the moment. I told the guy that if any insists on that kind of stupidity I WILL SUE THEM INTO THE GROUND. So, I guess that ends this conversation, he said, and hung up. Nice guy. Coward too. The deeper you go…
Oh, my bad. I forgot. They don’t give a damn about my Catholic priesthood. At one point – early 1996 – this time at the FBI Rome, Italy field office), they established me (without my asking) with an alternative identity. I rejected it, having seen what they did after having already entered back into Italy. They were really upset, for years, with yours truly. They tried over years to convince me, a citizen in good standing, with argumentation, then humiliation, to disappear without a trace with that alternative identity (and they would have made sure of the without a trace part), so as to make it easier for my Doppelgänger at this point in time, decades later, to continue his, um, work, under my identity. Father George David Byers would cease to exist. I would immediately have turned into no-history-man, which is something that gets you into unending trouble and then dead in no time. For these guys and gals, U.S. citizens in good standing don’t count. Just the Feds. The mantra of the Census Bureau is that each person counts. But not this citizen in good standing. I don’t count. Ironic, right, for the Census Bureau? But we knew that already.
The niceness lady of Suitland (in)fame reads this blog closely, so, she’ll get the message: I won’t comply. Send your thugs and buffoons. I won’t comply. Steal my money and throw me in prison. Fine! I’ll comply with you stealing my money and you throwing me into prison. But I won’t comply with your detailed personal history questionnaire. How can I? Do you know if I’m me, that I’m not my Doppelgänger? Really? How’s that? You’ll get yourself into trouble with a certain Secretary and a certain Director if you say you do. When “perpetual programs” that are “interdepartmental” come into play, we’re talking un-maskable, unless, like, you’re not only best friends with the Secretary and the Director, but you have directives coming from above the Secretary and above the Director. ;-)
But hey! I know! I’ve had a couple of requests about “the program” for years now. No one knows what they are. Just some little tweaks. Diplomatic Security asked what these were somewhat recently, but my response had to be that I can’t make those known over an unsecured telephone connection (on my end). So, hey! I’ll answer all the questions you got, but this time it’s gotta be quid-pro-quo. I have some simple requests. After all, you guys stole my identity. Now you owe me.
It’s all too easy.