- Battleax at door of the church: “What the hell do you want?”
- Wanting to be anonymous penitent: “Look, I just want to go to Confession.”
- Battleax at the door of the church: “We will have to take your temperature, and you’ll have to fill out all the paperwork, name, address, phone number, and a detailed listing of all those you have come into contact with especially on an intimate basis.”
- Wanting to be anonymous penitent: “But that violates my right to privacy.”
- Battleax at the door of the church: “I see, you’re probably wanting to confess adultery and you don’t want to give up the names of your partner or partners, is that it, you scum of the earth? I’m going to tell your wife. Names! Give me names!”
- Wanting to be anonymous penitent: [breaking down, crying…] “But I’m sorry. I want Jesus to forgive me. Please.”
- Battleax at the door of the church: “You’re trespassed from this property. Go to hell.” … “NEXT!”
Yep. Pretty much just that in some places. But not here in Holy Redeemer truly Catholic parish of Andrews, NC. We have a totally appropriate confessional, using a veiled and screened window between two small rooms with a wall between them, floor to ceiling, wall to wall, never the twain shall meet. Totally anonymous. We don’t want names, don’t do contact tracing, no sign-up-lists for coming to church, ever. We don’t spend ten minutes calling out for names and places of visitors to welcome them to the church. No.
You’re always free to come to Confession, to come to Mass, all anonymously. That’s great. We believe that it is Jesus who is the One, the only one. You are members of His little flock, as are we. We’re just happy to have you with us. We’re not going to put you on the spot.
- 6:00-7:00 AM Adoration and Confessions Holy Redeemer, Andrews.
- 8:00-8:30 AM Adoration and Confessions Prince of Peace, Robbinsville.
- 8:30 AM Holy Mass Prince of Peace, Robbinsville.
- 10:30 AM Confessions Holy Redeemer, Andrews
- 11:00 AM Holy Mass Holy Redeemer, Andrews.
Blessings upon you all. Be safe.