There’s no war in this parish of Holy Redeemer in Andrews, NC, USA. There’s not even a battle. No skirmish. Nothing. If any of these clowns were to come forward to receive the Most Blessed Sacrament while picking their teeth with the bones of children, they would simply be denied and if necessary escorted right out of the church. I would arrange this beforehand with my very capable servers and parishioners. They wouldn’t get the chance to make the tiniest disturbance. Ain’t gonna happen.
- I’m happy not to be “a man of consensus.”
- I’m happy to be “divisive.”
- I’m happy to bring not peace but a sword of division.
- I’m happy to preach the Word which cuts more sharply than any doubled edge sword.
- I’m happy to be crucified to political correctness, and to my own idiot ways.
- I’m happy to live for Jesus (inasmuch as I do… Yikes!)
I don’t see what’s so hard about this, I mean, standing up for what’s all about Jesus! We want Jesus!
- “But Father George, you don’t understand. You’re a meany! Give the cookie thingy to everyone and be nice!”
Well… No. As Saint Paul says, anyone who doesn’t discern the Body of Christ when they receive Holy Communion is eating and drinking their own condemnation. So, actually, I’m taking these politicians et alii seriously. Those who just throw the Most Blessed Sacrament at them for the sake of political correctness are not taking the souls of these politicians seriously, and are risking having themselves and the politicians go straight to hell. Our Lord takes us all deadly seriously:
And our Lord wants us to take Him deadly seriously as well: