Traditionis custodes: “Art. 1. The liturgical books promulgated by Saint Paul VI and Saint John Paul II, in conformity with the decrees of Vatican Council II, are the unique [=only, l’unico] expression of the lex orandi of the Roman Rite.”
Let’s demonstrate the heresy in article one of Traditionis custodes:
(1) Francis pits the two rites (Traditional Latin Mass and the New Order of Mass) against each other, delegitimizing the TLM as not being at all an expression of the lex orandi, the Law of Praying merely because of having different rubrics. In other words, Francis equates rubrics and the Law of Praying. Wrong! That’s a hellish insult of Christ Jesus.
(2) All rites of Holy Mass throughout the Church throughout history constitute the Law of Praying each of them and together, for the Law of Praying is that, in the Holy Mass, Christ Jesus is offering Himself to the Father with us at the Last Supper united with Calvary, all this regardless of the rite, regardless of the century, regardless of the place, regardless of the culture, regardless of the people assisting at that particular Holy Mass in that particular rite. The Law of Praying is univocal, one expression of the Law of Praying, the one Sacrifice of Jesus, the Divine Son of the Living God, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception, who redeems us, and please God saves us in this Law of Praying.
(3) The mention in article one above of lex orandi is inescapably a reference to an ancient formula variously reported from a disciple of Saint Augustine, Prosper of Aquitaine. The most common received maxim, continuously cited by all, entirely correct right through the centuries, is Lex orandi lex credendi. “The law of praying is the law of believing.” In other words, the One Sacrifice of Jesus in every rite of Mass is that by which, in which we believe all of divinely provided faith.
(4) To reduce this Most Holy Sacrifice of Jesus to mere rubrics and then delegitimizing one set of rubrics, one rite of Mass which has been offered from time immemorial until this very day, is to attack Jesus personally, to attack His Sacrifice, to attack that which we believe in divinely provided faith about that one Sacrifice of any and all rites regardless of any rubrics. To equate rubrics and faith is an attack on the faith, delegitimizing all faith from time immemorial until this very day. The only true faith is to be found in the rubrics of the New Order of Mass with the New Order of Faith insisted upon by self-absorbed and self-congratulatory Promethean Francis.
(5) Oh, and don’t think this is about also disabusing the New Rite of Mass of abuses. There can be no abuses in the mind of Francis, for he committed the worst abuse of all, spoken of by Daniel, by Jesus and in the Apocalypse, setting up, establishing, enthroning that Abomination of Desolation, that demon idol Pachamama on the Altar of Jesus’ Sacrifice, the Papal Altar in Saint Peter’s Basilica, where by divine mandate it must not be.
(6) Daniel also mentions that there will be ending of the Daily Sacrifice at this time. What Francis has done is equating rubrics and faith for one rite while entirely ignoring the Holy Sacrifice of Christ Jesus is not only to say that one rite of Mass, the TLM, is illegitimate and an incorrect source of believing, but he has simultaneously said the Sacrifice of the Mass in all rites – that pesky of law of praying – is incorrect and must be discarded, including the Sacrifice of the Mass in the New Rite of Mass. Get that? In the eyes of Francis, the Daily Sacrifice has ended, the Faith has ended. He can make it up as he goes along.
(7) In the Synod on Synods, now already in motion with consultation, it is first of all said right up front that the faith doesn’t matter in the least, for it is all relative to whatever consultation comes up with, it being that the entire population is infallible. More on that latter. But what it means is that if dialogue results in Pachamama being a nice thing, then idol worship and blasphemy and sacrilege will be the “faith.” If same-sex marriage is dialogued out to be a nice thing, then that will be the “faith.” Etc. And of course, all of those things and more will have special liturgies in the New Order of Mass. There are already Pachamama liturgies.
(8) Therefore we already have a total lie in the very title of the document. For Pope Francis, the bishops are destroyers of Tradition, of the faith, which is why he says that they are custodians of Tradition. This is also a heresy. Trent, in defining this, spoke of Tradition as that which is handed on almost as if by hand, quasi per manus, having it that this is actually done by the Holy Spirit. But the Holy Spirit is blasphemed as the Spirit of ___________ (fill in the blank).
(9) In those same years as Augustine and Prosper of Aquitaine, it is Saint Vincent of Lérins who had his own correct maxim cited and held by all, always and everywhere: “Moreover, in the Catholic Church itself, all possible care must be taken, that we hold that faith which has been believed everywhere, always, by all.” Let’s see: “Quod ubique, quod semper, quod ab omnibus creditum est”:
That would be the faith, the law of believing, the lex credendi, which shines forth from the law of praying, the Sacrifice of Jesus offered in whatever rite with whatever rubrics, as offered by all peoples of all ages and everywhere.
What Francis has wrought in Traditionis custodes is heresy, blasphemy, and is not a law of any kind, and therefore is not to be obeyed, disobeyed, nothing, for it is simply nothing.
ALSO, don’t think I’m angry with Pope Francis, or bitter, or some stupid thing like that. I think that what he does is terribly wrong, but I publicly pray for him, I publicly not only mention him in the Roman Canon, but frequently offer Holy Mass for him, though somewhat ironically, of course, offering the Traditional Latin Mass in the parochial church as the main parish Mass on Sunday. And that intention is pronounced in the hearing of all the people.
I want to be a good son of the Church. I want to go to heaven. One of the things I do toward that end is to go to confession. I try to go weekly. When I get the chance, I go more than that.
I apologize for any typos and such in this screed. I typed as fast as I could possibly go early this morning. I’m too worn out to go back over it. I’m just a weak and fallen human being. I’m no better than Francis on my own. We all need to look to the grace of Jesus, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception. We all need to help each other get to heaven. I want to see Pope Francis in heaven. That’s the only way I’ll ever get to heaven. No one is out of reach of the Sacrifice of the Mass. But Jesus does want us to assent, to believe in the Holy Sacrifice. Jesus wants that His law of praying is our law of believing. I’m with Jesus. I am Francis’ good servant, but God’s first. Amen.