My Confessor gives me great penances. This time, it was to pray thricely the Ave Maris Stella, and to offer that for a special intention, namely, that the Pope together with the bishops consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (regardless of whether that was ever done or not, for once done, it can be repeated ad libitum, right?). So… Great!
- Ave, maris stella, Dei mater alma, atque semper virgo, felix coeli porta.
- Hail, star of the sea, Nurturing Mother of God, And ever Virgin Happy gate of Heaven.
- Sumens illud “Ave” Gabrielis ore, funda nos in pace, mutans Evae nomen.
- Receiving that “Ave” From the mouth of Gabriel, Establish us in peace, Transforming the name of “Eva”
- Solve vincla reis, profer lumen caecis, mala nostra pelle, bona cuncta posce.
- Loosen the chains of the guilty, Send forth light to the blind, Our evil do thou dispel, Entreat for us all good things.
- Monstra te esse matrem, sumat per te precem qui pro nobis natus tulit esse tuus.
- Show thyself to be a Mother: Through thee may he receive prayer Who, being born for us, Undertook to be thine own.
- Virgo singularis, inter omnes mitis, nos culpis solutos mites fac et castos.
- O unique Virgin, Meek above all others, Make us free from our sins, Meek and chaste.
- Vitam praesta puram, iter para tutum, ut videntes Jesum semper collaetemur.
- Bestow a pure life, Prepare a safe way: That seeing Jesus, We may ever rejoice.
- Sit laus Deo Patri, summo Christo decus, Spiritui Sancto tribus honor unus. Amen.
- Praise be to God the Father, To the Most High Christ glory, To the Holy Ghost Be honor, to the Three equally. Amen.
3 responses to “My penance for Confession”
Beautiful! (Thanks for providing Latin and translation)
thank you for this, Father.
What Nancy and JDBangle said.