Category Archives: Priesthood
Coalition for Canceled Priests – The opportunity to purchase property has been given to the Coalition. They are entrusting this to St. Joseph and if this is the will of God they know that the proper donors will come forward. This property will be a place for canceled priests to live, go on retreat, and be a place of spiritual rest. email@example.com – Fr. John P. Lovell
It’s like every day that I hear of another (arch)diocese where un-“vaccinated” priests are being smashed down and cancelled, forbidden to provide the Sacraments to the Lord’s Little Flock. This is full-on atheistic communism. Priests were being cancelled before this “crisis” for all sorts of reasons, like just being honest to goodness believers.
Meanwhile, for over 27 years as of this writing, one of the most ultra-super-cancelled priests I know is Father Gordon MacRae, who singlehandedly tried to stop the abuse-crisis the way it has played out until this day with the bishops saying “We’ll pay settlements without any question, with no due process for the priest, as long as we bishop-friends of McCarrick are considered heroes!” He’s a priest after our Lord’s own Heart.
Sent in by a reader. Thank you. Brilliant. Exactly.
As I’ve always said, and excuse my “French”, the main job of the priest is get his own hell out of the way so that he might be given over to manifesting the priesthood of the One and Only Priest, Christ Jesus. That’s all the priest has to do, get his own hell out of the way, doing this by Confession and prayer and doing what he’s supposed to do according to Christ Jesus and His Church, regardless of any disgruntlement of secular or even religious authorities who act ultra vires (beyond their powers) in their promotion of abortion (collecting monies for abortion programs), abortion tainted vaccines, promotion of the “vision of Pope Francis” regardless of idol worship, encouragement of alphabet sex, etc. The priest is not to compromise, not ever. Jesus will take care of His being a priest, even though the priest has enemies in the episcopacy and among his fellow priests.
- “But Father George! Father George! You don’t sound very happy as a priest! Maybe you should be one of those married priests, Father George!”
This is perhaps too much a secret. All priests are married to the Church through their daily repeated wedding vows every time they say Holy Mass, acting in Persona Christi: This is my body given for you in Sacrifice, my blood poured out for you in Sacrifice, for the many, for the forgiveness of sin.
Also, about happiness in the priesthood. This happiness is occasioned by not compromising, then, of course, getting smashed down, but then watching the One High Priest go to work. I’ve seen it so many times in my own priesthood. It’s really quite exhilarating, making one laugh out loud however serious the circumstances. As the Master so the disciple doesn’t only refer to the joy of remaining steadfast in times of trial and tribulation (and that is a great joy), but also to that which Christ Jesus referred when He spoke of the subsequent blessedness of those who stood by Him in His trials: “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful. […] Enter into the joy of your master!”
I’m forever wanting to go to heaven. That’s not presumption, but the hope we must have. One of the many rocks I received with various of my oft-repeated sayings:
Today, Tuesday, is my anniversary. But all the partying was all on Sunday after the last Holy Mass, before Communion Calls. But beforehand, earlier in the day:
Criminals are pretty sloppy. In the still of the video above, we see that this guy has his trigger finger on the trigger. Let’s take another screen shot, one of at least a dozen that could be taken:
Judging that the body-cam is on the right side of the cop, the perp is taking direct aim at the head of the cop. As the video proceeds the cop has any number of occasions by which he would not have a risk of hurting someone else because of a pass-through bullet going into the window of a building, but, he didn’t take the opportunity to take the brain-box shot and drop Mr Perpy like a sack of potatoes. That puts fellow responding officers and other citizens at risk.
Why a brain-box shot? Because shooting at his feet is only going to make this guy pull the trigger and your cop is dead, that’s why. It’s called ending the threat. You don’t intend the guy to die, just to stop the threat. Sometimes quick action is needed more in some circumstances than others. This is one of those times. Not two to the spinal cord and perhaps one to the brainbox but one to the brainbox and perhaps two to the spinal cord. It’s called immediately necessary self-defense. It’s called protect and serve.
Having said that, just so you know what I’m exactly talking about, let me tell you a story. I know the Sheriff in another county (and he personally told me this story) who did up a foot-chase of a perpy guy who was continuously shooting at the Sheriff. But the Sheriff did not respond in kind, just ran after him. Finally tackling the perpy guy, cuffing him, the Sheriff threw the perpy guy in jail. He “read” the perpy guy correctly, that Mr Perpy guy was doing up a suicide by cop, and that the shots the perpy guy fired were so wild that the perpy guy couldn’t possibly have wanted to hurt the Sheriff. The perpy guy, after a year in jail, confessed as much after requesting a jail-meeting with the Sheriff, thanking the Sheriff for not shooting him. But the guy in the lead video up top is not like that. He’s just really confident over someone whom he calls a rooky cop, and knows he has an easy mocking event to feed his adrenaline needs. Regardless of his motivations, his sloppy gun work is too sloppy, mortally dangerously so. No one got hurt in the video up top, but that’s beside the point. This exaggeration in not participating in self-defense, in not participating in protect and serve, is what gets officers killed, what endangers the whole community.
Say some fabulous ecclesiastic is trolling believers by hotly desiring they do up some demon idol worship glorifying the sacrifice of children, you know, like with anything Pachamama.
Should the faithful member of the Lord’s Little Flock just be a doormat, not say anything, pretend that it’s not his place, that he has to be a man of consensus because that’s the super-dogma of tyranny for which he was ordained and nobody is daring to say anything and it’s expected he shut his face as well and…?
If some fraudulent ecclesiastic is publicly scandalizing the Lord’s Little Flock, that son of Satan, that squirmy serpentine brood of Satan, that white-washed-tomb full of filth and dead men’s bones, that hypocrite who is trying to make proselytes unto Satan twice as bad as themselves, that freakoid is to be called out, publicly, and rightly so.
These are Jesus’ trials when His little ones are being scandalized. What you have done or not done to the least of these you have done to me, says the Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception, the Divine Logos of the Father now Incarnate, with the wounds still upon Him, He who will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. Though I am always the most grievous sinner if I am not in grace, I do rejoice in the forgiveness of the Lord, in absolution in Sacramental Confession (if we can even find it anymore). I do have hope of finally getting to heaven. I want to go to heaven, blessed by Jesus. I’m sure that’s the case for all y’all as well. I’m not so sure that’s the case for those fabulous ecclesiastics who forbid priests to grant absolution or provide Last Rites just because those priests don’t have proof of “vaccine” status.
Oh, and what’s the “head shot” dropping such ecclesiastics like a sack of potatoes? The Hail Mary prayer of course. And just to be infantile, as I am, let’s do that in Latin:
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.
Oh, and stopping the threat involves ending the scandal by publicly reprimanding the perpy guys, those ecclesiastics who have taken the side of Satan, not of Jesus Christ. We must protect Jesus’ Little Flock. We must not run. We must stand with Jesus.
- “But Jesus is gonna, like, get ripped to shreds,” they say.
- My response: “And? So? Stay with Jesus. And go to Confession. And pray a Rosary.”
That’s great. But I would not want to use their funds. I would want to leave that for someone more needy that I if I were ever to get cancelled by say, a replacement bishop if our bishop should become an archbishop somewhere else. But I’m happy they are set to help those being smacked down because they want to continue with the Ancient Rite, because they won’t get jabbed, because they won’t worship Pachamama, because they won’t bless homosexualist civil unions, and, of course, just because, because those who would cancel a priest for such reasons always do so for petty reasons, like using church bulletins to advertise Mass times in the Ancient Rite. There is no way to escape those who are petty. They have power and they feel the POWER! It is to laugh if it weren’t so sad.
The henchmen of Pope Francis, all really very nice people, incredibly nice – so nice that it’s overwhelming: nice nice nice nice nice!!! – these henchmen claim that they own The Bridge, Christ Jesus, The Bridge between heaven and earth, and claim that they own The Pontifex, Christ Jesus, The Bridge Builder, who rightly called Himself The Way, and even claim that the Sacrifice of the Mass, the Last Supper united with Calvary, is not an expression whatsoever of the Roman Rite [absolutely a statement of its invalidity in their eyes]… these henchmen of Pope Francis feel entitled with all their claims to drive all over the Way they claim they own, feel entitled not to pay attention to anyone on The Bridge, feel entitled to smash into anyone in their way, feel entitled to FEEL THE POWER, these henchmen of Pope Francis, I say, are, instead, similar to the gnat-like idiot-car in the video above coming up against a real vehicle, you know, the TLM. Guess who wins in the end? See the video above. Rather humorous, really.
Anyway, here’s the deal: I’m a priest and I’m actually extremely busy doing priest-stuff, providing people the sacraments and the benefit of the sacramentals. I had an exhaustive day yesterday (18 December, 2021) sprinting about in multiple counties, getting groceries for the elderly, multiple sessions of Confessions, Holy Mass, lots of sacramental work altogether. I dropped after getting home from the church late at night…
So, I’m so very sorry. I apologize. I didn’t get a chance to begin to start to study any official statements from the CDW or any chance after that would-be study to begin to start to consider any official statements from the CDW. But I did play some YouTube commentaries about the CDW aggression over the blue-tooth speakers of Sassy the Subaru while I raced about all over WNC. My listening was often cut because of being out of WiFi range in the back ridges of these Blue Ridge, Smoky Mountains. So, what the CDW did, whatever that is, is all a rumor to me right now.
If there is any truth to the commentary, what the CDW has done is to make for a head-on collision with the letter I received from my bishop just yesterday. He sent it before the CDW statement was unleashed to the world over the internet. My bishop’s letter was annulled by the CDW even before he sent it. Obviously, the bishops were not consulted by the CDW.
If there is any truth to the commentary, I have plenty of questions, particularly about the CDW annulling the universal law of the Church (Canon Law), stomping on the rights of priests regarding the Holy Sacrifice, that is, without this smackdown being approved in forma specifica by the Holy Father. I have heard of plenty of cases over many decades in the past where this lack of specific approval to individual points annulled the legal force of whatever idiotic decree, especially draconian life-long penalties. I’m no Canon lawyer, but something seems rotten somewhere. We need some honest Canon lawyer. And I don’t just mean a traddy. Too many “traditionalists” are mere panderers. We’ve seen that recently. Way too many. They go on something like this: “Yes, well, it’s not approved quite exactly correctly but we don’t want to talk about that because we want to be nice and maybe they’ll be nice to us in return so I won’t really give you honest legal commentary but hide the truth from ye all, you know, to be nice.” I don’t want that. This is too important. Just the facts. True men of Tradition are NOT afraid to speak the facts. True men of Tradition don’t play politics with the Sacrifice of the Mass. I think Taylor Marshall’s term for this is fake-traddies playing “patty-cake” with the enemies of the Church. Brutal, but true.
Also, if the commentary has any truth to it, what was done seems maliciously set on purposely causing a situation that can be called “odious.” That’s a technical term, actually. If some bit of disciplinary legislation even from the supreme legislator (the Pope) is odious to the faithful (and I will ask the faithful over the next couple of weeks), then the bishop has full rights to exercise Canon 87 in favor of the salvation of souls. But the bishops have to be up to the task for the sake of the salvation of souls. That’s what the Church is supposed to be all about, right? The. Salvation. Of. Souls. In the video above, what this would mean is that our friend in the truck would just push the idiot-car right off The Bridge altogether and keep moving. Canon 87. But, of course, it is already threatened that there will another idiot-car, and another, annoying, but perhaps effective when there are dozens of idiot-cars, thousands, millions… But…
But… No. That’s when the truck revs up a bit. I’m sure you understand the analogy. Christ Jesus and His Sacrifice will not be killed off a second time. Jesus, once risen from the dead, will never die again.
I think I have too much fun. It’s just that I already know that Christ Jesus, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception, Divine Son of our dearest, dearest Mother, has conquered. And He will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire, judge those who are occupied with the cura animarum, who are tasked with the salvation of souls, who are tasked with not insulting the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Today, I will have no time to read anything from the CDW. I’m literally sprinting from now until nightfall with actual priestly things to do: Adoration, Confessions, Masses, Communion Calls, Last Rites, over multiple counties, in multiple churches, in people’s homes, in nursing homes…
Also, I refuse to have my joy in Christ Jesus dragged down by anyone, much less anyone who is set on insulting the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, who is set on insulting Christ’s own priests. Is that what they are doing? Eventually in these next weeks I’ll be able to read what the CDW has written, I guess, somewhere on the internet.
But lemme tell you: Christ Jesus, the High Priest, takes note when His Sacrifice is smacked down, and when His own priests are smacked down by those who should know better. Sure, His priests might be thrown into dumpsters all around the world, but then they get to go to heaven. Jesus always wins. Again, I refuse to have my joy in Christ Jesus dragged down by anyone.
BTW: It seems to me that when it comes to Holy Mass, anything that is done is done within an ecumenical Council, not by way of rumors on the internet. When does all this take effect? Now? When the Acts of the Apostolic See are published? The CDW has already amended the 16 July 2021 motu proprio of Pope Francis. Who’s the legislator? What is this legislation? What?
Meanwhile, I’ll be doing my best to run away from the fake-liturgical-police:
The one thing the haters don’t have at all is humor. They are joyless, odious. That cannot be the case with those who remain with the Sacrifice of Jesus. No. Let us retain our joy in the Holy Spirit. Jesus has conquered. Let’s stand with Him in His trials. Let’s hear with great joy from the Eternal Judge: “Enter into the joy…”
That would be right. Catholic Social Services of Australia has this guy, Francis Sullivan, shoving vax needles into arms, regardless of their direct connection with abortion in research and/or development and/or testing. This layman is busy attacking a great young priest in Australia, pastor of a smallish parish in the distant outback. That priest was in some of my classes in the major seminary in which I taught. Proud of him. Great! There are great priests all around, who are not willing to compromise, who thank Jesus for coming into this world, firstly, for nine months, in the womb of the Immaculate Conception.
And this priest is Canadian, where to say such things will likely get him removed from the priesthood as the bishops kowtow to the powers that be. “He’s an embarrassment!” they will say. “We can’t have that kind of thing going on here!” they will say. God bless you, dearest Father. You set a good example.
There are those who play chess and those who play chess, if you know what I mean.
I play chess, serious chess, though, sorry, never much had the opportunity with the board game… But I am content with playing chess for real, with chariots of the Castelli or catastrophe, with bishops bonafide or bellowing, with knights noble or nothing, with The King and The Queen or mere imposters, with foot soldiers street wise as peons or pusillanimous.
Jesus played the baiting game all the time. We see it everywhere in the Gospels. He’s more clever than any serpent and more innocent than any dove. But chess He does play, especially with religious leaders: bait! bait! bait!
Jesus goes way out of His way to force, coerce, require the ecclesiastics of the day to kill Him and show themselves for who they are, this possibly being an occasion for them to convert, you know, like the soldier who thrust his sword into the side of Jesus to make sure He was dead, only to convert on the spot: “Truly this was the Son of God.”
There’s a temptation in the priesthood, to be sure, to be sycophantic to the powers that be, you know, to take the easy road of being nothing at all, mere “men of consensus”. What a boring life of rationalization of sin, mind games with Satan. What’s the next doctrine or moral law to twist into its opposite? What’s the next way to insult the Living God?
Much better to be with Jesus. No compromise. Ever. Only goodness, kindness, TRUTH. And the truth is that God’s truth, God being Truth, is certainly goodness and kindness. But all of that demands the Commandments to be followed, with actual respect for self and others and God.
Are there those who don’t get it yet, any ecclesiastics out there who hate God and neighbor, who hate the Sacrifice of the Mass?
Let’s see, let me count the ways, then, how NOT to be a man of consensus…
Last Rites from an unvaxed priest! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look!
- “Last Rites given by an unvaxed priest! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Super-Troublemaker! Father George!”
To those who think that I do something extraordinarily heroic… sigh… all I do is jump not over tall buildings but merely into a beat-up vehicle, having an absolute blast driving through the absolutely gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains on the super-cool curvy roads of far, far Western North Carolina, North Georgia, etc., blasting through any number of parishes and (arch)dioceses and states to do what I’m supposed to do as a priest. That’s it. Nothing heroic. Nothing out of the ordinary. It’s what any priest would do, at least if they could.
Some priests are locked down, commanded by their bishops not to provide the Sacraments of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, not even Last Rites to those in the throws of death. What’s it gonna hurt the person who’s dying? What’s it gonna hurt the priest even if he catches Covid and dies? Giving the Last Rites gets both to heaven, and isn’t that what we want? We’re all gonna die. But the dying need the Last Rites and the priest must provide the Last Rites.
Even bishops sitting mightily in power denying Last Rites to their subjects will die. We priests are to ignore them as Canon Law bids us to do. And I’m not bucking any authority in all this: regardless of any jurisdiction any bishop thinks he has, when it’s a matter of someone dying on the spot any priest whomsoever has the right and duty to provide the Sacraments, even someone who is excommunicated, even if a priest in good standing is right there. And anyway, I’m in good standing with both Church and State.
By “Last Rites” I mean any number of things that can include but are not limited to rites of Confession and Anointing, also known as Extreme Unction. While Confession is expressly mentioned in Canon Law (Canon 976), I include Anointing since it covers what happens in Confession when Confession cannot otherwise be made. The supreme law is the salvation of souls, right?
To those who think that I do something criminal, being unvaxed and being with… gasp!… other people who are dying, even while I am spot-tested, enrobed, masked and gloved (but not gloved for a few seconds when I actually provide the sacraments), to those who judge me as being an old meanie for comforting the dying and sending them to heaven in their last minutes, to them I say… well, actually… I am speechless… But I’ll just keep doing what I do best, to be with the dying, to hear Confessions, to provide the Last Rites… and that’s NOT heroic, it’s just a priest being a priest.
If I myself were to die in moments, desiring the Last Rites, and some traitor (arch)bishop somewhere somehow forbade any priest to come to my assistance, and would not in any event show up himself, say, in a Covid Ward, you know, so that he could score some political points with who knows who, I would be tempted to sin with thoughts of exaggerated bitterness against him (not good, I know). That’s not the state of mind I would otherwise want when preparing to go before the Lord in just some minutes. Much better to ask the Lord for His mercy, for the forgiveness of all my terrible sins, for the grace of final perseverance in those last seconds, for the joy of going to heaven to thank Him forever.
I “confess” that in the past few days I’ve been to all sorts of hospitals in Covid overflow wards, in Covid lockdown wards, in North Carolina, in Georgia, at private homes… Again, that’s nothing heroic. It’s what all priests are supposed to do. In any other time, people wouldn’t pay one bit of attention. Nothing. But now, wrongly, it’s all, like:
- “Last Rites given by an unvaxed priest! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Super-Troublemaker! Father George!”
But let’s talk about being unvaxed for a second. I am unvaxed. There are priests in, say, the Diocese of Lexington who are unvaxed and who are forbidden by their bishop because of that to provide the Last Rites. Does anyone ask them if they have super strong natural antibodies such that they cannot be carriers, unable to get or transmit Covid? No? Why not? What’s the political motivation behind that? Does anyone do spot tests? No? Why not? What’s the political motivation behind that? I wonder who it is who is the real criminal here…
For myself, and I’m sure for those other priests, I would, we would be happy to be considered criminals if only we could provide the Last Sacraments to the dying, because, you know, how could you not? Jesus Himself died for this. Ask His Mother. What does she tell you?
☦ (@johnamonaco) Tweeted: This past weekend, @BpStowe of Lexington made the cathedral’s deacon announce that the pastor & vicar aren’t vaccinated, that people may choose to not attend their Masses, & that these two priests are not allowed to visit the sick, the homebound, or the dying. https://t.co/vFvE4VLbYc https://twitter.com/johnamonaco/status/1437465923850547208?s=20
Talk about moral injury against the priests…
Talk about spiritual injury against laity…
If the bishop lays dying will he want the Last Rites if there is only an unvaxed priest?
Fr George, you’re not a man of consensus, a weaver of dialogue, but merely an embarrassing troublemaker: “We can’t have that kind of thing going on.”
Let’s list just a few of the things with which I am certainly discordant with the powers that be:
- You have heard that it was said that the Ancient Rite of Mass, the TLM, is not valid as the Lex orandi, the law of praying, Jesus’ Sacrifice, and therefore is not valid as a source of Lex credendi, the law of believing, and is therefore simply hurtful rubbish which must be trashed, obliterated from the face of the earth.
- But I say to you that anyone who knowingly and wittingly and willfully and freely holds that to be true is a blasphemer, a heretic, an apostate, an excommunicate.
- You have heard that it was said that idol worship, say, of murderous demon Pachamama, is just some nice weaving of dialogue and that we have to incorporate demon worship into the Sacrifice of the Mass, the Novus Ordo.
- But I say to you that anyone who worships a demon idol will become like that demon idol. See Psalm 115: 4-8 — “Their idols are merely things of silver and gold, shaped by human hands. They have mouths but cannot speak, and eyes but cannot see. They have ears but cannot hear, and noses but cannot smell. They have hands but cannot feel, and feet but cannot walk, and throats but cannot make a sound. And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them.”
- You have heard that it was said that those who do not repent, those who fully intend to sin again, say by way of adultery, are to receive the absolution that they do not want, that they are rejecting.
- But I say to you that we must recognize the moral capacity of people and power of God’s grace and then say with Jesus, having brought someone to repentance: “Go and do not sin again.” To say that all, for instance, Latinos, have no moral capacity and so must be merely accompanied in their sin is racist and an insult to Jesus.
- You have heard that it was said that same-sex marriage is not to be sanctioned, but that same-sex civilly sanctioned unions are good.
- But I say to you that this destroys the image of God, which is one male, one female, marriage and family life. Any same-sex whatever is an attack on the image of God.
- You have heard that it was said that the pro-abortion “vaccines” are necessary in charity, to protect others.
- But I say to you that the murder of children in the womb for the research and/or development and/or testing of these “vaccines” is not protecting others, but murdering others. Also, it makes those getting the “vaccine” (as with all vaccines) into super spreaders who maybe get sick less themselves or maybe die less. Murder for hire, for self-benefit, is never good, never charity, and will make you risk going to hell forever.
/// There are thousands of things which I cannot tolerate in conscience for myself, which I cannot teach others to do, regardless if it is a guy named Bergoglio or ________________ (fill in the blank) who is pushing whatever idiocy. I don’t care what abuse of authority attempts to coerce me to commit sin. I’m not going to do it.
- Do you want to take me out of active ministry, also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
- Do you want to suspend me a divinis, from offering the Sacraments and from preaching, also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
- Do you want to excommunicate me, also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
- Do you want to burn me to death at the stake, thus also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
Seriously, I would rather stand by Jesus in His Trials. I say that with hope that, even if I am as weak as Peter, or worse, Jesus will not abandon me:
- Luke 22:28-34 “You are those who have stood by me in my trials. And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death.” Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.”
But we must have hope!
Thanks, mom (RIP 1994), for making me go see this just released film just some months after I was ordained a priest. I was wondering why she was so insistent, that is, until I watched this scene unfold on the silver screen. That’s it! Honesty and integrity. That’s what she wanted to see in any priest. It’s what Jesus wants to see with any of His priests. That’s some good encouragement right there. Great. So, let’s see an analogy:
- Jesus: “I’m here to tell you this priest’s soul is intact. It’s non-negotiable. You know how I know? Someone here – and you know who that is – offered to buy it. Only this, My good priest here, wasn’t selling.”
- Liberal bishop: “Jesus, you are out of order!”
- Jesus: “Outta order? I’ll show you outta order! You don’t know what outta order is, you liberal bishop! I’d show you but you’re too old; you’re too tired; you’re too blind. I should take a FLAME-THROWER to this place! Outta order? Who do you think you’re talkin’ to? I’ve been around, you know. I have seen men like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn’t nothin’ like the sight of an amputated spirit; there is no prosthetic for that.”
Here’s the deal: Good priests want to protect the littlest of the brethren of Jesus’ Little Flock, at whatever cost to themselves. The little ones, in the womb, Jesus’ image, with whom Jesus identifies (what you have done to the least of these you have done to me) are getting their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. How can good priests do less? We must defend life against, say, the vaccine mandate, NOT getting the vaccine and instructing others about NOT getting the vaccine. Why’s that? Because big pharma has abandoned guinea pigs, gerbils, rats, mice, rhesus monkeys, etc., for research and/or development and/or testing of vaccines, and are now murdering fully developed healthy human beings to do this research and/or development and/or testing of vaccines. No one has the right to take such a vaccine just to pretend they’re going to save their own lives in this world for a few minutes. Murder for hire for self-benefit. Not good. This is said in religious terms, but it applies to everyone. It’s Natural Law: Don’t murder the innocent! Directly procured abortion is murder of the innocent, a mortal sin, that, which – all things being equal – will send those participating in such a heinous murder straight to hell, regardless of whether they think there is a hell or not.
- Liberal bishop, having failed with Jesus, attacks the priest: “We might be fined $14,000 just for you if you don’t comply! We can’t have ‘that kind of thing going on’ you stupid priest!”
So, thirty pieces of silver is now equal to $14,000, about four times as much as in biblical times. What a temptation to take to one’s grave! Oooo! $14,000 in hell. I wonder what that will buy you in hell. Judas, eagerly wanting to find out, immediately hung himself in the Field of Blood, Gehenna, Hell, to proudly present his money to Satan. How do you think that worked out?
Just 2’12” to 2’26” – fourteen seconds. It’s priceless watching the expression of the guy with no honesty, no integrity, who just hung himself, seeing honesty and integrity right in his face.
I’ve never seen this movie, just this clip. Very well done.
You’ll have to figure out in your own locales just who it is that “they” are, whether individuals in Church or State, or both.
There are those in both Church and State who want priests to compromise themselves. Nope. Ain’t gonna happen. Do your worst, and then bring that before the Eternal Judge who will indeed come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. Amen.
- “May I borrow your pen, sir. My endorsement, sir. I request trial by court martial.”
He was at the ready. I love that. Hahaha.
In speaking with Father Gordon MacRae the other day:
- Father George: “The Coalition for Catholic Priests just held a rally in Chicago.”
- Father Gordon: “I think they call it the Coalition for Cancelled Priests.”
- Father George: “I think that’s the same thing.”
- Father Gordon: “Hahaha! That’s right!”
You didn’t think it was the scenery did you?
The parishioners are the treasure of the Church. :-)
Let’s see. I think someone said something like that before…. Hmm…. He literally got burned to death for saying stuff like that, ever so offensive to the money counters who value money more than human lives.
What if a Bishops Conference was receiving billions of government dollars for distribution for abortion and Marxism and LGBTQ stuff, and what if they were afraid of losing “administration fees” unless they forced, say, a “vaccine” mandate on any (arch)diocese that hadn’t yet capitulated, thus, continuing to push the culture of death, the murder of the innocent for the benefit of the more powerful?
And what if a priest were recalcitrant, who said that the treasure of the Church is the souls of all, also of the least of the brethren? I wonder how that would work out.
/// UPDATE: The Apostolic Nuncio in Washington DC has taken up the case. Interesting timeline. ///
Over on Beyond These Stone Walls, Father Gordon J MacRae published on how Bishop Peter A Libasci of the Diocese of Manchester, NH, was effectively set up by ever so ex-Governor Andrew Cuomo. Bill Donohue of the Catholic League assisted in giving this a wide readership. If you haven’t see it yet, here’s the link right to that article:
But there’s a problem, which is that many do not read the comments of posts. The trolls ruin it for everyone. In the case of Beyond These Stone Walls, as with a few others, the comments are well-moderated, not to take out opposing points of view, but so as not to allow malice to have a voice.
There is one comment in particular I would like to highlight here in hopes that, in reading it, you will go to read that article linked above. This is a matter of justice.
The comment is penned by the incisive journalist, Ryan A. MacDonald:
- “As Father G [Father Gordon J MacRae: ABOUT] knows, I have investigated and written multiple articles about events that led to his unjust trial and wrongful conviction and about his appearance on Bishop Peter Libasci’s published list of the “credibly accused.” Two of them are linked here in Fr. G’s post. At first, after reading this post, I vehemently disagreed with his decision to defend Bishop Libasci and expose the arena of hypocrisy and greed in which the Bishop was accused. My first impulse upon reading this post was that I wanted to shake Fr. G into reality. He is defending the due process rights of someone who has failed to defend his. He is asking the whole Church not to shame someone who did not hesitate to shame him by publishing the list of names of priests who are “guilty for being accused.” I am quite fascinated by Fr. G’s linked article, “Be Wary of Crusaders!” I am hard pressed to tell the difference between Bishop Libasci and former Governor Cuomo. They have both plucked the splinter from the eyes of others while ignoring the plank in their own. Bishop Libasci cited his own self-righteous “transparency” when he chose to join the mob with stones in hand to shame other priests who have been accused, many with no more evidence than the evidence against him. But Fr. G was right and I was wrong. We cannot uphold due process rights and a presumption of innocence only for those who have done right by us. I stand corrected, and not for the first time by this wrongly imprisoned priest. Ryan A. MacDonald”
See link in video show notes for full story. What follows are a few snippets and then some comments.
CNA August 23, 2021 Costa Rican bishop suspends priest for saying Ordinary Form Mass in Latin ad orientem
Fr. Sixto Eduardo Varela Santamaría has been suspended by the Bishop of the Diocese of Alajuela in Costa Rica after the priest said Mass in the Ordinary Form in Latin and ad orientem. at his parish of St. Peter the Patriarch – ACI Prensa
ACI Prensa, the Spanish sister news agency of CNA, confirmed that the Diocese of Alajuela, in the Northern region of Costa Rica, ordered Fr. Sixto Eduardo Varela Santamaría to be suspended from all ministries for six months, and will be sent to a psychological treatment clinic for celebrating in Latin the Mass of the Missal of Pope Paul VI, also known as the Ordinary Form or “Novus Ordo.”
[… Even though Father Sixto said a Novus Ordo Mass] “Bishop Buigues Oller gave as a truly confusing reason [for punishing Father Sixto, because,]: according to him, the only way we could keep celebrating the Traditional Latin Mass was for us to either be in existence before 1970 or to be related to the schismatic Society of St. Pius the X (SSPX,) something that is not mentioned either by Summorum Pontificum or Traditiones Custodes,” the association told ACI Prensa.
[…] “Fr. Varela Santamaría revealed that he has temporarily been sent to his sister’s home, and that the diocese will send him to a retreat house/clinic that will provide him, “spiritual, psychological and medical attention, at least according to the website of this place.”
This is where we are headed. Can the bishops be that insanely ignorant? I doubt it. But — hey! — we’re to think the best of others, right? I guess we have a lot of insanely ignorant bishops. Meanwhile, Jesus’ own priests are effectively getting their throats slit.
Here’s the deal: When young seminarian Joseph Ratzinger was in moral theology class in Germany, a fellow seminarian stood up and asserted that Hitler would surely go to heaven if only he had an erroneous conscience, you know, because he might have had feelings that he was, like, sincere. Later, Ratzinger recounted it was at that exact moment that he realized that erroneous conscience doesn’t save. Jesus saves.
In all the hell of chaos we’re experiencing the One whom we don’t hear about is Jesus. How is it that the bishops don’t know that Christ our God, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception, will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire? It’s all hush hush about the Living Truth, hush hush about proper doctrine and morality. How is it that NOT telling the Living Truth with honesty and integrity and enthusiasm and joy and charity is best way forward?
“Silence that Jesus!” Is that the way it is? I thought we were to help each other get to heaven, even to correct and admonish out of love for one another, putting no one on a pedestal, making no one beyond reach of being helped, you know, out of human respect, so that we all just go to hell together. I want to help others get to heaven so as to get there myself. That includes Pope Francis and the bishops. To leave anyone out, so that we can continue under the radar and just do our own thing, is to condemn others and oneself. If the only way to continue is to compromise one’s priesthood so as to remain a priest, one will never be a priest for anyone.
Here’s something to ponder, because if it’s in the Scriptures, it’s because it is absolutely relevant in every culture of every time and every place, for all from every tribe, tongue, people and nation:
- “The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.” Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.” When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death.”
Yep. That’s the way it is. Surely all in the Sanhedrin were exclaiming to themselves that they had nice feelings about their erroneous consciences. Surely they were all on their way to heaven while exclaiming the damnation of the Apostles and of Jesus. Some things just don’t change.
Bishops today are furious, limiting the ministry of priests who speak about Jesus, who speak about good doctrine, good morality. “You’re telling everyone about Jesus!” is actually an accusation these days, as always: “People might notice, and to “have that kind of thing going on is unacceptable!”
And that means that we have the opportunity to count it a privilege to be mistreated for the sake of the Name, the Holy Name of Jesus, for upholding the Most Holy Trinity, God, before whom there is no other god, no damned Pachamama, no demons, no narcissistic human beings holding themselves to be gods.
Count it a joy. And this is true joy.
Yikes! I only right now remember Saint Francis asking Brother Leo about true joy. Remember what happened. Yikes!
Cardinal Blase Cupich sent out an email stating that “all employees and clergy” will face “disciplinary action” if they don’t get the full regimen of Covid vaccination within five weeks of FDA approval of at least one “vaccine”. By all reports, Pfizer will be approved on 23 August 2021, so that the deadline (pun intended) will be 27 September 2021. There are no religious exemptions allowed. Cupich has forbidden clergy to write religious exemptions. Medical exemptions will be reviewed by “a panel including two Medical Doctors; a pastor, a member of the General Counsel’s office and an AoC HR representative.” There is no appeal. How do you think that’ll go? It’s three against two when it comes to strong medical counterindications, right? Non-compliance say, by recalcitrant priests, may effectuate disciplinary measures. Ongoing testing and masking will be required for the few who might get a medical exemption, but that doesn’t mean that they will be able to set foot on any archdiocesan property after 27 September 2021.
- Michael Haynes — CHICAGO (LifeSiteNews who also put up that picture of Blase, above) — Cupich’s directive stipulates that in addition to receiving the gene-therapy injections, the employees and clergy must provide “documentation” to the archdiocesan “tracking portal or website” in order to prove their vaccination status. This “tracking” is to be done “centrally” so that the archdiocese will have full oversight into the vaccine status of all clergy and employees. […] “Consistent with the current guidance of the Church, there will be no allowable religious exemption from compliance with the vaccination policy,” wrote the cardinal. […] “The Archdiocese reserves the right to prohibit unvaccinated employees/clergy from entering archdiocesan facilities for reasons of health and safety of employees and guests.” The policy ends with a veiled threat from the cardinal’s office as he warns against “non-compliance with the provisions of this policy,” which “may result in disciplinary action for those individuals.”
If I were a priest in the Archdiocese of Chicago, realizing that in my refusing the vaccine I would soon be removed both from ministry and be put under interdict from entering any diocesan properties (churches and rectories, schools and hospitals, nursing homes and rehabs, chancery offices and… and… rectories…) within a handful of weeks, I would busy myself in finding a place to bring my books and clothes and such. It is rather unpleasant to live under a bridge, especially now that we will be moving into winter. I’ve been in Chicago lake-effect blizzards in my younger days. It also gets cold in the high mountains of WNC. Brrr. But it could never happen here, until it does. Bishops come and go.
This edict from Blase, whose very name throws sycophantic effeminate cowardly (arch)bishops into fits of bowing down, even while not in his “presence”, means that most all (arch)bishops will follow his lead, you know, so that they can assure their career path and perhaps even a recommendation to be promoted, and this at the cost of those with a conscience, at the cost of the lives of the children murdered for research and/or development and/or testing of “vaccines”. Blase, after all, can make recommendations, being on the Congregation for Bishops and all. Don’t think that if your (arch)diocese doesn’t mandate “vaccines” that this will not change momentarily. It did in Chicago.
Look: this is not rocket science, when you do research and/or development and/or testing of “vaccines” on the freshly removed organs of fully developed, fully healthy children being murdered for that purpose, it’s called murder, and it is murder, and it’s a sin which cries out to heaven. But the entrenched will shriek: “Crucify him! Crucify him!” Yep.
How ecclesiastics can be so glib and joyful in their bloodthirsty glee in their promotion of the murder of children is beyond me. How are they going to explain this to Jesus, who was Himself in the womb of Mary for nine months? How are they going to explain this to John the Baptist, who was sanctified in the womb of his mother Elizabeth at just six months of age? Nervous, these ecclesiastics attack the priests. It’s always the way. It’s easy. It’s the way of cowards.
- “If I walk out into the field, look! those slain by the sword; If I enter the city, look! those consumed by hunger. Even the prophet and the priest forage in a land they know not.” (Jeremiah 14:18)
It happens. It happens all the time. Good priests have bitten the dust not just in the tens, but in the hundreds, and if we count back some decades, counting those who wouldn’t bow to the faculty and admin of immoral and modernist seminaries and to the (arch)bishops and chancery rats of recent decades, the numbers goes into the thousands. Please God, those numbers will increase! We need this witness for the good of souls. We need this suffering for the good of souls.