- “The Kingdom of Thailand weeps for its children. Only a wounded healer like Mr. Pornchai Moontri could tell such a devastating story and yet leave readers feeling inspired and hopeful. This is indeed a gift. I have read many accounts of this tragedy, but none told with such elegant grace.” — Dorothy R. Stein
Category Archives: Terrorism
That picture above shows the chief to the left (on the phone) and a few others. Apparently, the deadly “by-stander syndrome” had gripped a few of the officers at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde:
- “There’s someone else in charge, and we need to choose our battles and be prudent and live to fight another day. So what if there’s ongoing sporadic gunfire.”
BORTAC arrives, negatively assesses that “rationale”, goes in and instantly neutralizes the threat of the shooter as was possible to all 376 responding officers.
There is no choosing such battles. Each one must be fought, first time, every time, regardless of any stand-down orders. The guy who doesn’t fight every single battle like the one in Uvalde will never fight in any battle unless he radically converts.
Analogy for the priesthood. You have heard that it was said:
- “There’s an epic battle with hell going on right now with bishops everywhere attacking faith and morals and the spiritual life and reverent liturgy, and, we’re gripped by the deadly “by-stander syndrome.” We priests have to stand by each other and say that someone else is in charge, and because of that we’re going to say that we’re forced to stand by idly all day and do nothing, we’re being forced to go along to get along, forced to live and fight another day, because you gotta choose your battles, you know, you gotta be prudent, you know. We’re the clever ones, the sophisticated ones, the one’s who have the power of being aloof, with power to have the largess to tolerate even hell, watching everyone go to hell. That’s on them, but we’re good to go. We’re heroes. We’ve seen it all. We can accompany even Satan himself. We’re the ones. We’re the only ones. Learn from us who are prideful and arrogant of heart.”
Meanwhile, the church and the world run as fast as possible into hell. The guy who doesn’t fight today will never fight tomorrow unless he radically converts. Every battle for doctrine, morals, the spiritual life, reverent liturgy must be fought. We have to be ready to die on any hill during any fight, and then go to heaven bringing many others to heaven with that example, with that intercession of one’s very life for the salvation of souls.
This is hindsight not for accusation but for immediate tweaking of tactical rules:
- Practically speaking, there is no such thing as an unloaded gun. You always treat all guns as hot. The next guy to take the gun makes sure it’s cold. Obvious right? Even the best of the best don’t do this every time. And they shoot themselves or others accidentally. In the same way, there is no such thing as a room unoccupied by injured victims in immediate need of medical attention. Every room needs to be cleared, starting with the room from which all indicators scream is the room with the shooter.
- To repeat: No matter what anyone says, there are no dead victims in a mass shooting, ever. You always assume that they are still alive and that you must rescue them now, but the shooter is blocking you from doing that, which blocking you must assume is actively murdering people.
- There are no active shooters that become “barricaded” for all the reasons above, always, without exception.
- You always do the rescue immediately, regardless of the guy having better weapons, regardless of his being strapped with bombs, regardless of his better ballistic protection. Take the brain-box shot, every time.
“But those rooms are vacant!” But say that teachers, admin, faculty, staff of the school, and all law enforcement officers already on scene tell you insistently that it’s a barricaded situation, that no one was in the room when the shooter went in and barricaded himself. DON’T BELIEVE IT. You treat the room as full of victims bleeding out who must instantaneously be rescued.
Proof of concept: Remember that little kid in the first seconds of the surveillance video who was coming out of the restroom two seconds after the shooter walked by on his way to that classroom to shoot up everyone there? Do you remember how that little kid turned back and ran into the restroom to hide?
Let’s turn that scenario around. Let’s say that the classroom was out for recess (and the shooter came into the school from a different direction). Let’s say the little kid had been an extra long time in the restroom and the teacher forgot about him before everyone going outside. Let’s say that little kid goes back to his classroom and is shot by the shooter who went into the classroom before the little kid saw him. Let’s say that that little kid looks dead to the shooter but is only slowly bleeding out and can be saved by immediate medical attention. Let’s say that law enforcement officers arrive to the classroom minutes later and are told that those classrooms are vacant because everyone was out for recess, and that surely the shooter was using the room as a base to shoot out at the playground, but that after an initial barrage of shots, stopped shooting. So he’s barricaded, right? Wrong. That little kid who had gone to the restroom is dying because someone made an assumption.
NEVER make assumptions. See the rules up top.
Let’s call those rules: “The Little Kid Protocol.”
All the following is to be heavily documented for CYA:
- “When necessary, communicate your suspicions to the safety team as quickly as possible.
- “Never hesitate to contact law enforcement if you have suspicions.
- “Part of your training should focus on individuals capable of identifying the signs of any potential threat and suspicious behavior such as:
- Anti-social tendencies
- Strange attire
- Body language
- Confused look
- “During Mass or large gatherings at your parish, conduct a minimum of one walk-around of the parking areas and exterior of building(s). Look for people inside vehicles as you may need to approach them to inquire their purpose on the property. If uncomfortable in doing so, never place yourself in harm’s way and never hesitate to contact law enforcement to be on the safe side of your decision making.”
MY COMMENT: It is this kind of fear, an unreasonable paranoia really, which risks getting you killed, for two reasons:
- You’ll be pegged as the boy who cried wolf and no one will help when there’s a real emergency:
- If you communicate suspicions to a security team such as “there’s a guy who’s got a confused look” they’re going to get tired of you right quick and will quit being on on the security team.
- If you communicate suspicions to law enforcement, you know, calling 911, stating the location of the emergency, at a church, it is already at that point that all law available law enforcement in the region are going to risk their lives in speeding crazily to the church even before they hear the rest of the story, that it’s just a guy with a confused look, but even when they hear that, someone is still going to be dispatched, but everyone else will show up because of that. Really. But do that a couple more times and you’ll be fined and/or put in jail for wasting resources. And then no one’s going to come after that.
- If you bother someone in a car in a parking lot around in WNC, you might be asking for trouble that you don’t want, someone who didn’t want someone accosting them in their car when they were just checking their phone, whatever. This is extremely imprudent, dangerous. Don’t do this.
This is PART 3 of a series.
Jane’s Revenge, a violent Marxist revolutionary group already being investigated for terrorist activities and for their plans already being enacted for terrorist activities, has stated that it wants to make the insurance risk-retention companies of their victims tired of backing institutions which are pro-life, like those who peacefully and joyfully provide diapers and baby formula[!] to (expectant) mothers (and fathers!), as well as those who provide peaceful and joyful instruction on God’s desire that we respect life from natural conception to natural death. Wait… What…? Making risk retention and insurance companies give up on clients? That’s some very serious forethought.
The reaction of the Catholic bishops is to provide their own security programs of their own risk retention insurance self-funded companies.
Programs are extremely top heavy, with emphasis on the ongoing documentation of synod of synodality style blah-blah, with so many levels of admitted CYA paper-trail oversight of oversight of oversight (literally), that the stated outcome, security, is a goal to which one never arrives, for one has made an esoteric perfection of bureaucracy into the avowed, determined, archenemy of the good. The program could literally generate thousands of pages of CYA documentation every week. Every week.
For the sake of CYA, the security team is itself made to seem like the enemy, necessarily so inept that disallowance of the 2nd amendment in all cases is highly recommended. CYA must turn terrorist aggression into the fault of the security team. I’ve already written a critique on this aspect of this same program here: Church-security gun-policies that want us to throw Molotov cocktails at active shooters
It’s so bad that the only people who would sign up to effect church security under such conditions would be the same ones who would say that any security whatsoever is an unfair affront to the entitled feelings of mass shooters, which effrontery is only what ol’ meanies do.
The programs are seemingly so purposed in their malice that they read like a manual of a secular North-East Virginia school board on how to destroy education while shooting down concerns of parents by using Merrick Garland over at the Department of Justice to call parents terrorists, parents who only want that their children are not super-sexualized by aggressive pedophilic groomers as soon as the kids are signed up for Kindergarten. In other words, the security team will be made up of Marxists ready at any second to protect the activity of mass shooters as they wipe out everyone in church, you know, by asking the mass shooters if they would like to dialogue over coffee and donuts even before the Mass is over.
What these programs hold up as the most effective structuring of the conversation is Critical Race Theory, CRT social-engineering, which in and of itself helps to promote the creation of mass shooters, and this time with authority of a respected security team which has a divine mandate, coming from a church as it does.
It’s not that the bishops are stupid. This really seems to be cynical malice on steroids and cocaine. It’s like the (Cardinal) (arch)bishops giving Holy Communion to Joey Biden and Nancy Pelosi while they come up to receive Holy Communion even while busy picking their teeth with the ribs of aborted babies. We’re not supposed to judge the interior souls of others; I’m just judging what’s presented on the outside. What the pro-abortion politicians do necessitates that they be barred from Holy Communion. The (Cardinal) (arch)bishops say otherwise. That seems like full-on anti-Christ malice. Why should a church security program from these (Cardinal) (arch)bishops be devoid of such seeming malice from hell?
Let’s go through a list of hazards that is said might well indicate a level of concern regarding mass shooters, hazards which the security team is to use for their ongoing training and readiness and mind-set. Here’s a screen shot, which will be followed by my own analysis:
Sorry for technical terms, but this list is a perfect example of “values clarification”, a pedagogical technique meant to deceive those already self-subjected to media-induced availability bias. For example, people think that legal tools of self-defense legally acquired by citizens in good standing are the reason why criminals should not be penalized for criminal usage of the same tools illegally obtained for violent purposes. That’s how powerful availability bias and “values clarification” is.
Let’s analyze that list of the bishops’ fears. Risk retention insurance policies, by definition, are marketed by fear. Let’s get into this:
High crime area: I’d like to see real stats on that. Do purposed mass shooters come from high crime areas so that mass shooters are just your normal criminals doing up some recreational shooting above and beyond their day-to-day criminality? Have we ever seen that even once? Or is it that mass shooters, wherever they are from, can go to whatever place for which they have some kind of emotional connection, or the place that is the softest target, the most ideologic target for whatever sociopathy weirdness swirls in their heads? Was the Fort Hood guy living in a high crime area? Was the Las Vegas guy living in a high crime area? Some, of course, like the Uvalde shooter, do have difficult backgrounds and are deeply troubled individuals, highly conflicted. But are such people only to be found in high crime areas? This is misleading, a distraction and, just my opinion, it is an attempt NOT to solve the problem because of purposely analyzing the problem incorrectly. Fear is not rational, and the creators of the program know this, right? They do it for money, right? Try out this statement (which is the attitude which will come across):
- “We’re afraid that you’re a potential mass shooter because you live in a high crime area!”
I think we can call this a self-fulfilling prophesy, a license to kill by proxy, and getting paid for it, because with a program like this you’re creating fear, which is, again, always the most successful marketing strategy for risk-retention programs. They gotta love the death and destruction. $$$
But here’s the truth: by far the vast majority of people in high crime areas are super-decent people, kind and caring, real believers, who are suffering in their circumstances, sick of the aggression created by lenient district attorneys and liberal mayors. Most people in high crime areas simply want those in the church to be in solidarity with them. If some thug’s mom is going to church it’s not likely that he’s going to be shooting up the church. If the priest is giving Last Rites to some gangbanger’s mom at his own house, do you think he’s going to go and shoot up the church. No. But some idiots at church saying that all those living in high crime areas are potential mass shooters because of living in a high crime area is counterproductive. More programs are sold, more $$$ pocketed.
Demographics: Seriously? This is left generalized so that the security team has to read into “demographics” whatever they want. But whatever they read into “demographics” its going to be wrong. Demographics include consideration of age, gender, race, marital status, number of children, occupation, annual income, education level, homeowner or renter or homeless, political affiliation, religious affiliation, nationality, disability status, etc. We’ll get to poverty in just a bit, as it’s specifically named further down on the list. But I guess it has to be said: making a risk assessment about relative dangers of any of these or other categories that the security team has pulled out of it’s own prejudice is the kind of attitude that is going to create active shooters in the first place:
- “You have been put on the most-possibly-a-mass-shooter-list because you’re black!”
This is, by definition, absolutely unapologetically in-your-face racist, Marxist CRT on steroids, and with a divine mandate, and with the adjunct authority of a security group. Outside of abortion especially targeting one particular race, this is about the most racist and disruptive thing one can do:
- “We have a lot of black people in this neighborhood, so we have to be extra cautious. We need a one-to-one ratio of spotters for those dangerous black people.”
That this attitude would issue from a church, with a security team led by the pastor is either insane or very cynical, and greedy, creating fear and racism for money in selling the program. $$$
Also, just to say, we know that so very many of the heavy hitting terrorists are well educated, perhaps have families, and are likely at the top of their game in whatever it is they do, like gambling, or as university professors. Remember that guy in Las Vegas? Remember the September 11, 2001 terrorists? Sociopaths are not suffering from low IQs. They are quite consistently very high on quotient scales of intelligence. It’s just that there are currents which run deep regardless of demographics. The “demographics” thing is missing the point. After all these years, blaming demographics seems to be about as malicious as it gets in purposely missing just who it is that is going to commit a mass shooting. As it is, and just to state what is ironic and should be obvious: the guy most likely to do a mass shooting is the guy who judges that because of certain demographics it’s gotta be those other people who are a danger to existence, surely – it’s them! not me! – you know, like the Buffalo mass shooter. It makes any buyer of this risk retention program feel good about being the hero and pointing the finger at others. Then there are more mass shooters and “we haven’t been able to figure out any motive.” That’s social-engineering demographics for you. Murder by the proxy you created.
Let’s just say it: this isn’t about demographics; this is about behavior.
- It’s about stopping the threat of the guy walking up to the church with a stick of dynamite lit up and wildly sparking and smoking in the one hand, and is already shooting at you with his gun in the other hand.
- It’s about keeping an eye on the guy in the massive winter coat looking like he’s hiding a rifle while it’s 110 degrees outside and there’s a Biden-caused power outage that has shut down the air-conditioning on the inside. Forget the demographics.
Events after normal hours of operation: Just about every important event at church is accomplished “after normal hours of operation.” That’s how churches operate. Thus, the logic here inescapably equates office hours with “normal hours of operation,” you know, “bank hours”, nine to five, minus lunch breaks. We are therefore to assume that safety is all good on campus when the secretary is working on say, budgeting risk retention insurance company payments. Just a little overconfidence there, methinks.
- Are we to risk assess late evening or super-early hours of Adoration because those are not held within “normal hours of operation”? Those are supererogatory, right? How many liberal pastors are there who even have Holy Hours at all? None? Let’s risk-assess those Holy Hours unto “normal hours of operation.” And then they won’t exist at all. No risk there.
- How about risk assessing varying hours of funerals and weddings and baptisms, usually on Saturdays, not during normal hours of operation? Should we just refuse to do such things unless done during “normal hours of operation”?
- How about risk assessing the always dangerous fish fry? All those non-Catholics fellowshipping with Catholics during non-office hours. DANGEROUS!
- How about risk assessing the Saturday Vigil Mass, which happens to be the “Spanish Mass” filled with Mexicans. Oooo! Mexicans! Be afraid! Be very afraid! And, in the Winter, it’s night! Ooo! Night! Let’s reschedule that Mass to normal hours of operation, say, Monday at 10:00 AM, when most of our Spanish speakers, men and women, are hard at work. Mass shooter probability is therefore lowered to non-existent, right? No risk in that risk retention. Problem solved. Money raked in. $$$
- And how about that early “English Mass” up across the mountain at Prince of Peace, on a Sunday morning, when all good risk retention insurance company desk-jockeys are sound asleep, not office hours? It’s Graham County. That’s already too dangerous even during normal hours of operation. We don’t even have an office on campus. Guess we’ll have to get rid of that.
- And how about that ever so Traditional Mass at Holy Redeemer on a Sunday Morning? Same thing, right? All good risk retention vendors are still asleep, because it’s safest just not to get out of bed ever, except to do risk retention manipulations during banking hours, right? $$$
To be scared is to be without love. And that’s the attitude that creates active shooters. If anyone knew that events were being cancelled so as to avoid mass shooters, that’s precisely what will create a mass shooter who’s upset that the entire church and parish wasn’t cancelled from the get-go. He knows, because of this, that such a church is the softest target ever.
I’m trying to think how a pastor paying for a program that actually makes people more afraid could actually be a selling point of the program… think… think… think… I know. This is about pastors who are scared to get out from behind their office-hours desks, those who are surrounded by a series of offices with other people in the way of any shooter first, you know, so that they can hide under their desks.
Shutting down everything outside of office hours will make them feel like they’ve “done something.” This is the shut-it-all-down-because-of-Covid mentality that so many congratulate themselves for having. They are tough. They are the heroes.
Food pantries and homeless shelters: Here we go: the poor. So, the poor are singled out apart from the demographics as having to be assessed for especially being a danger as mass shooters just because they are poor? Really? Who are the freakoid monsters who wrote such things for church security? This is hateful. This has to be some elite, filthy rich, entitled Marxist college kid writing this for a church risk retention group with full satire directed against the church. Does some (arch)diocese actually use this execration? For shame. This is exactly the kind of attitude which very directly and very immediately right now creates mass shooters on behalf of, say, the Marxist Jane’s Revenge in the first place:
- “You have to be dangerous as a probable mass shooter and we have proof because, like, you’re poor! We have a whole sub-team watching you! We’re scared of you! Really scared! You’re like bad and evil. You know it! We know it! STOP MAKING US AFRAID!”
What kind of person, what kind of priest, what kind of (Cardinal) (arch)bishop would take this statement on board without even blinking? And anyway, just because someone is hungry or needs a place to stay doesn’t mean that they are likely to be mass shooters; it just means they are hungry or need a place to stay. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, anyone? This is about the risk retention crowd thinking that their customers are filled with fear of people who are hungry and who need a place to stay, poor people, so that their instruction is: “Those who are hungry and need a place to stay are likely mass shooters.”
I’ll tell you what, the guy in the parish whom I most trust with my life is the most dirt poor guy in the parish. This is literally true. But the risk retention crowd capitalize on fear devoid of love. What does that say about the state of our (Cardinal) (arch)bishops and priests and those effecting this type of program?
Large amounts of cash or offerings: That‘s clever to slip in a push for having electronic collections, that is, people giving by a credit card app. No cash at all. But we have visitors. Lots of them. None of them will be signed up for any credit card app. Some want to be anonymous. Cash only. And anyway, money, I don’t care how much, is not the draw of any mass shooter. That’s the last thing they are concerned about. They figure they are going to die anyway. So why is money brought up for this program? It’s about not naming the real problem, which is the attitude with which the rest of these assessment of danger categories are presented. It’s that lying fear mongering attitude which creates active shooters in the first place. I mean, if it were actually the case that mass shooters were interested in money (never), you’d meet them at the door with a bucket of money and they would go away. But no. They’re going shoot you, then throw your money to the winds, and then they’re going to go in and shoot up the rest of the church. And then they’re going to get shot or shoot themselves. They don’t care about money. Why’s that? Because you’ve also just proven to them that they are worth nothing themselves, just a bucket of money, and that God doesn’t want them at all. They are trash, for eternity. They are only good for buying their own removal from the property.
Counseling that could be confrontational: This is surely a comment about the risk retention group thinking that priests are bad and evil, say, in the Confessional, if they do not accept as repentant those who say that they know better than God and they fully intend to keep “sinning” so as to lead the church into the niceness of continuous “sin.” If the priest doesn’t acquiesce, he’s being confrontational, and such controversy needs to be assessed. In other words, the Church is not to be a sign of contradiction with Jesus’ Cross, and the Church is instead to dumb-down doctrine and morality and instruction on the spiritual life and the Liturgy because dumbing down all that is good and holy will somehow cut down on mass shootings…. um… I’ll tell you what, it is when the church does not take people deadly seriously as Christ took us all deadly seriously that creates mass shooters in the first place. People actually want to hear “Repent and do not sin again.” If the Church were to say, “Go ahead and sin and then go to hell because I don’t care and you shouldn’t care either,” that’s when mass shooters are created in the first place.
Again, this church security team program was sent out to pastors everywhere after a spate of mass shootings and right when the FBI and then DHS upped the threat assessment for terrorism in churches and right before the cause of that threat assessment, which is reaction to the SCOTUS decision on abortion. No time to analyze the program. Just put it into action, doing something! But the program causes the problem, which sells more programs. RICO, anyone?
Television or web-based ministry where a person is frequently monitoring your safety/security teams’ position and activities:
There’s no talk of monitoring the congregants. This sounds likes it’s a public broadcast so common after idiot Covid-lockdowns of churches. Everyone is proud to be able to continue to use their tech savvy salvation beyond Covid era lockdowns. Pastors who locked everyone out of the sacraments can congratulate themselves that were right to do this from the beginning.
If it is public, that means that the position and activities of safety/security teams are also being monitored by mass shooters, who are thus being provided with up-to-the-second tactical information right up until the moment of catastrophe.
If this is closed circuit, and envisioned, as stated, to be utilized with merely frequent monitoring, this seems to refer not to anyone on any security team actively directing team members concerning possible threats, but rather to a secretary in the office with a wall monitor with a dozen camera shots opened on screen, overlapping each other, and who is busy with other things in the office, like googling cartoons to put in the next parish bulletin. That secretary will look up every hour or two, after going to the bathroom, getting another cup of coffee, maybe a donut.
Everything in this program favors the viability of mass shooters being successful in killing as many as possible. I mean, think of it. Cameras for, say, televising a Mass are going to give a good view of the altar, a good view of the pulpit. That’s it, except for the occasional panning of the congregation by Cathedral sized media operations, but not of any place in the church where security personnel would be, such as under a choir loft, or merely next to a camera in the choir loft, or behind a corner to the far sides of the sanctuary, manning the side-doors.
Just to say, if it’s on the internet, it’s wide open to the ubiquitous hackers. Easy peasy. Really. The security cameras of our own police station were hacked and being controlled from off campus, including the saved files being looped, even as officers, surprised, watched the monitor. What is it that’s being watched? Is it real time or a loop?
When it comes to actual real-time security, know this: complex=death; simple=life.
But this isn’t about saving peoples’ lives. This is about proving in court by saved footage that security teams were doing their best to be at the ready. Such proof means that it will be extremely unlikely that those suing the church for lack of care because a loved-one got shot up will be successful. The risk retention company is saved, meaning $$$ have been saved.
The reality is that risk retention groups are rarely going to pay one thin dime to anyone.
The reality is that the family of anyone getting shot up by some mass shooter is instantaneously going to get all the help they need on all levels from everyone in the parish and far beyond.
The reality is that we have the second amendment, and people need to use it. That’s the duty of care: respect and use the second amendment.
Do we have a security team? Yes. Do we instruct the congregation how things are likely to go down and what they are to do in our little tiny church, in our own unrepeatable circumstances? Frequently. Do we consult with law enforcement and have guys on hand who know what they are doing. Yep.
But the massive program of the bishops? No.
Again, no one who is competent will want anything whatsoever to do with such a program. It is made for bureaucrats who are scared of themselves, who want to congratulate themselves with more bureaucracy, that they’ve “done something.”
Doing something also includes prayer, the Rosary, the Guardian Angel prayer, a Saint Joseph prayer…
Here’s advice from the midst of persecution a couple of millennia back, like yesterday:
“Christians are indistinguishable from other men either by nationality, language or customs. They do not inhabit separate cities of their own, or speak a strange dialect, or follow some outlandish way of life. Their teaching is not based upon reveries inspired by the curiosity of men. Unlike some other people, they champion no purely human doctrine. With regard to dress, food and manner of life in general, they follow the customs of whatever city they happen to be living in, whether it is Greek or foreign.
“And yet there is something extraordinary about their lives. They live in their own countries as though they were only passing through. They play their full role as citizens, but labor under all the disabilities of aliens. Any country can be their homeland, but for them their homeland, wherever it may be, is a foreign country. Like others, they marry and have children, but they do not expose them. They share their meals, but not their wives.
“They live in the flesh, but they are not governed by the desires of the flesh. They pass their days upon earth, but they are citizens of heaven. Obedient to the laws, they yet live on a level that transcends the law. Christians love all men, but all men persecute them. Condemned because they are not understood, they are put to death, but raised to life again. They live in poverty, but enrich many; they are totally destitute, but possess an abundance of everything. They suffer dishonor, but that is their glory. They are defamed, but vindicated. A blessing is their answer to abuse, deference their response to insult. For the good they do they receive the punishment of malefactors, but even then they, rejoice, as though receiving the gift of life. They are attacked by the Jews as aliens, they are persecuted by the Greeks, yet no one can explain the reason for this hatred.
“To speak in general terms, we may say that the Christian is to the world what the soul is to the body. As the soul is present in every part of the body, while remaining distinct from it, so Christians are found in all the cities of the world, but cannot be identified with the world. As the visible body contains the invisible soul, so Christians are seen living in the world, but their religious life remains unseen. The body hates the soul and wars against it, not because of any injury the soul has done it, but because of the restriction the soul places on its pleasures. Similarly, the world hates the Christians, not because they have done it any wrong, but because they are opposed to its enjoyments.
“Christians love those who hate them just as the soul loves the body and all its members despite the body’s hatred. It is by the soul, enclosed within the body, that the body is held together, and similarly, it is by the Christians, detained in the world as in a prison, that the world is held together. The soul, though immortal, has a mortal dwelling place; and Christians also live for a time amidst perishable things, while awaiting the freedom from change and decay that will be theirs in heaven. As the soul benefits from the deprivation of food and drink, so Christians flourish under persecution. Such is the Christian’s lofty and divinely appointed function, from which he is not permitted to excuse himself.” [From a letter to Diognetus (Nn. 5-6; Funk, 397-401)]
Mutual aid risk retention groups of Catholic bishops are coming up with education for establishing, sprucing up of church security teams. Do you trust anti-second amendment bishops to do that for you? Do you trust pro-abortion bishops who literally genuflect to terrorist groups do that for you?
Unsolicited, such a program, complete with video and document, was sent to me by email, all official, all verified. I’m guessing the same was sent to all pastors in the United States and Territories. The upshot, so to speak, was to be afraid, very afraid, and to buy into their program, you know, with money. Wait… what…?
I’ve spent about a week writing a detailed analysis of all this, erasing most all of it. In frustration, I’ll write about aspects of the program, then realize that It’s all too long, book length, and therefore guaranteed to have about zero effectiveness. Meanwhile, there are so very many mass shootings.
But, stay tuned. I’m narrowing down on just one discernment list of the bishops regarding who might be considered a likely mass shooter. Their discernment with that list is guaranteed to go a long way in creating mass shooters. Yep.
It’s all so very clever. Such social engineering. Such lies. And innocent blood is being shed.
- “Informed source: Homeland Security has officially notified the bishops there are credible threats to the safety of Catholic churches, clergy, and bishops if the Supreme Court overturns Roe. Violence has been called for beginning the night such a decision is handed down. – Rod Dreher (@roddreher) June 3, 2022”
Nice leak. Thanks for the heads up. The date on that tweet is June 3, 2022. Late last week. I’m told by someone in touch with some of these people that this may be coming from one person, an agitator who never does anything herself, but gets others to do her bidding. They go to prison, not her. One person. Trying to keep up with the names of the groups is as difficult and unnecessary as trying to keep up with all the alphabets for sex-perception weirdness. Is it Ruth’s Revenge? Is it Jane Sent Us? Dunno.
Anyway, now this week, on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, DHS came up with a less particularized communication, you know, for general consumption, more or less confirming Rod Dreher’s tweet. Here’s the summary paragraph:
Date Issued: June 07, 2022 09:00 am ET
View as PDF: National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin – June 07, 2022 09:00 am (pdf, 1 page, 295.54 KB)
Summary of Terrorism Threat to the United States
“The United States remains in a heightened threat environment, as noted in the previous Bulletin, and several recent attacks have highlighted the dynamic and complex nature of the threat environment. In the coming months, we expect the threat environment to become more dynamic as several high-profile events could be exploited to justify acts of violence against a range of possible targets. These targets could include public gatherings, faith-based institutions, schools, racial and religious minorities, government facilities and personnel, U.S. critical infrastructure, the media, and perceived ideological opponents. Threat actors have recently mobilized to violence due to factors such as personal grievances, reactions to current events, and adherence to violent extremist ideologies, including racially or ethnically motivated or anti-government/anti-authority violent extremism. Foreign adversaries—including terrorist organizations and nation state adversaries—also remain intent on exploiting the threat environment to promote or inspire violence, sow discord, or undermine U.S. democratic institutions. We continue to assess that the primary threat of mass casualty violence in the United States stems from lone offenders and small groups motivated by a range of ideological beliefs and/or personal grievances.”
Issued: June 07, 2022 09:00 am
Expires: November 30, 2022 02:00 pm
Or is that a slight walk-back? At any rate, the SCOTUS decision is expected today, June 8, 2022. Maybe it’ll be published. Maybe not. They have weeks to go before this fiscal year is concluded.
How We Are Responding
DHS works with partners across every level of government, in the private sector, and in local communities to keep Americans safe, including through the following examples of our resources and support:
- DHS and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) continue to share timely and actionable information and intelligence with the broadest audience possible. This includes sharing information and intelligence with our partners across every level of government and in the private sector. We conduct recurring threat briefings with private sector and state, local, tribal, territorial, and campus partners, including to inform security planning efforts. DHS remains committed to working with our partners to identify and prevent all forms of terrorism and targeted violence, and to support law enforcement efforts to keep our communities safe.
- DHS’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), the FBI, and the National Counterterrorism Center released updated behavioral indicators of U.S. extremist mobilization to violence. Further, I&A’s National Threat Evaluation and Reporting Program continues to provide tools and resources for federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial partners on preventing terrorism and targeted violence, including online suspicious activity reporting training.
- DHS’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) works with government and private sector partners – including owners and operators of critical infrastructure, soft target facilities, and public gathering places – to enhance security and mitigate risks posed by acts of terrorism and targeted violence through its network of Protective Security Advisors and resources addressing Active Shooters, School Safety, Bombing Prevention, and Soft Targets-Crowded Places.
- DHS’s Center for Prevention Programs and Partnerships (CP3) educates and trains stakeholders on how to identify indicators of radicalization to violence, where to seek help, and the resources that are available to prevent targeted violence and terrorism. In 2021, CP3 awarded about $20 million in grants through its Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention (TVTP) Grant Program.
- In 2021, DHS designated for the first time domestic violent extremism as a “National Priority Area” within its Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP), resulting in at least $77 million being spent on preventing, preparing for, protecting against, and responding to related threats.
- In 2022, DHS’s Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) provided over $250 million in funding to support target hardening and other physical security enhancements to non-profit organizations at high risk of terrorist attack.
- DHS remains focused on disinformation that threatens the security of the American people, including disinformation spread by foreign states such as Russia, China, and Iran, or other adversaries such as transnational criminal organizations and human smuggling organizations.
- SchoolSafety.gov consolidates school safety-related resources from across the government. Through this website, the K-12 academic community can also connect with school safety officials and develop school safety plans.
Resources to Stay Safe
Stay Informed and Prepared
- Be prepared for emergency situations and remain aware of circumstances that may place you at risk. Make note of your surroundings and the nearest security personnel.
- Keep yourself safe online and maintain digital and media literacy to recognize and build resilience to false or misleading narratives.
- Review DHS resources for how to better protect businesses, houses of worship, and schools, and ensure the safety of public gatherings.
- Prepare for potential active shooter incidents, as well as efforts to prevent, protect against, respond to, and mitigate the use of explosives.
- Learn more about community-based resources to help prevent individuals from radicalizing to violence.
- The Power of Hello Campaign helps you observe and evaluate suspicious behaviors, includes information to mitigate potential risks, and obtain help when necessary.
Report Potential Threats
- Listen to local authorities and public safety officials.
- If You See Something, Say Something® Report suspicious activity and threats of violence, including online threats, to local law enforcement, FBI Field Offices, or your local Fusion Center. Call 911 in case of emergency.
If you know someone who is struggling with mental health issues or may pose a danger to themselves or others, seek help.
If You See Something, Say Something®. Report suspicious activity to local law enforcement or call 911.
The National Terrorism Advisory System provides Americans with alert information on homeland security threats. It is distributed by the Department of Homeland Security. More information is available at: www.dhs.gov/advisories. To receive mobile updates: twitter.com/dhsgov
Everyone was jammed into church for Mass on Pentecost. Then four terrorists came in and started spraying bullets. They then set off multiple explosives. Those who were able to escape outside were mowed down with more gunfire. This was planned so as to kill as many as possible. Dozens died immediately, well over fifty. I’m sure there are many who are injured and are still dying or, if they survive, will be maimed and broken. The priests of the parish are safe, contrary to reports.
The statement “We’ll be burning the Eucharist” (their capitalization) shows that this is likely a Catholic who had numerous abortions. Too sad, that.
Communion in the Hand no longer
In my diocese the policy is that people have the option to receive Holy Communion in the hand. However:
- At the Spanish Vigil Mass everyone receives on the tongue, kneeling, always.
- At any TLM Mass it’s an absolute law enforced by the Holy See, also in times of Covid, that Holy Communion must be received only on the tongue. We follow the law.
- There are also a number of English Masses at which most all receive on the tongue. Those who receive in the hand thus number between one and three people per week. That’s it. But…
Whatever about pro-Communion in the hand policy in any (arch)diocesan policy in any given place, the superceding duty of a priest in the universal law of Holy Mother Church is to protect the Most Blessed Sacrament from danger of desecration. After all, this is the Lord God, Christ Jesus, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity who is the Most Blessed Sacrament. Therefore, we will no longer be providing Communion in the hand. At this time in history it is simply too dangerous. Period.
But I doubt that the statement about burning the Eucharist mostly regards stealing the Blessed Sacrament at Communion time and making videos in church of burning the Sacred Host with a Bic Lighter. It’s more likely that they’re referring their Molotov cocktails thrown on the altar during Mass, thrown at the tabernacle. After all, bigger flames means more hits on the internet. Just think: eternity in hell for a few internet hits. Sad, that.
As a priest, I love that Jesus would have me act in His Person (in Persona Christi) when reciting His wedding vows with His Bride the Church with the Consecrations at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, this is my body given up for you in Sacrifice, my blood poured out for you in Sacrifice. His standing in our place, the Innocent for the guilty, taking on the death we deserve for original sin and our own rubbish is how He has the right in His own justice to have mercy on us: “Father! Forgive them!” And then, to provide the Most Blessed Sacrament to pious followers of Jesus at Holy Mass… I’m in heaven, so happy, and so are the communicants with their bright and beaming faces.
I would hate to cancel Communion for the faithful altogether during Holy Mass because of some monstrous shriekers crashing in and blocking the free exercise of religion. Ruth Sent Us is trespassed from the property. They have no free speech rights on our private property. I’m just not going to permit desecration of the Most Blessed Sacrament. Not on my watch. Ain’t gonna happen.
Jesus is the Head of the Body, we are the members of that Body of Christ. Jesus, who was Himself an unborn baby for nine months in the womb of His dear Immaculate Mother, doesn’t take kindly to the least of the brethren being ripped to shreds, melted with saline solution, vacuumed with cutting machines, decapitated, stabbed, dismembered. Jesus isn’t happy with this even when it’s done for medical research. Do you hear that, you murderous bishops who do anything Satan, Joe Biden and Fauci tell you to do for “vaccines”? Do you bishops think you can point the finger at Ruth Sent Us? You yourselves set up the culture for them to do that. If you have zero respect for babies in the womb you have zero respect for Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament. That’s how it works. Ruth Sent Us made that connection. It seems they have more faith than you. But they are following you.
We must get back to Jesus. That’s the last thing so many of the bishops want to do. More on that in another post about the Synod on Synodality, the Synod on Dialogue. It’s worse than I thought.
And by the way, where’s Pope Francis in all of this? I’ll tell you where he is. He’s meeting with the liturgical terrorists who support Traditionis custodes, telling them that there are terrible people out there who use the liturgy for division by supporting or not supporting, you know, like, stuff, and, you know… stuff, never naming anything one way or another, just brow beating… who… for what…? That’s impressive! Stuff! And, like…. stuff! Meanwhile, babies in the womb are attacked, Catholic churches are attacked, the Most Blessed Sacrament is attacked.
So, within the boundaries of these United States an anti-Israeli Islamicist terrorist takes Jews as hostages in a synagogue on the Sabbath during services as leverage to get an anti-Israeli Islamicist terrorist out of prison also within the boundaries of these United States, terrorizing a whole class of people (and anyone of good will) to further this end, the very definition of terrorism:
- “18 U.S.C. United States Code Title 18 – CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE – PART I – CRIMES – CHAPTER 113B – TERRORISM – Sec. 2331 – Definitions – […] (5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that — (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended — (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.”
Let’s think for a moment about the actual terror. For hours and hours and hours the hostages have to go through hell. They are, again by definition, terrorized when they go through the same flash-bang experience (damn rough, that) and then instantly witness the gunfire that rips up the body of the terrorist guy right in their faces, blood and bits of flesh all over them. All of that will throw them surely into at least some form of traumatic stress. They are grateful to be rescued. Great work to the guys who successfully carried out this rescue operation. But these wounds go deep. But that’s nothing compared to what happened next.
The FBI declared that this had nothing to do with terrorism, even before any investigation could be carried out. That means that the FBI wants the Jews to feel like they are second class citizens, that the government has, at their expense, gone out of its way in this declaration to now invite terrorists to do what this guy did in taking Jews hostages in a synagogue on the Sabbath during services because for some Islamicist purpose, and… – hey! – the FBI will make sure that it turns out differently next time, that the guy kills some Jews, gets his demands, and escapes. The FBI insists that the perp was no terrorist. I bet that this means that the DOJ will bring the SWAT team up on charges for taking out the threat the way they did. Under pressure, they walk this back a bit. It was misspeaking. Sure. But we know what’s really meant.
These FBI guys have unending training on manipulation through verbiage. It’s what they do. It’s their lives, day-in, day-out. They know exactly what they are doing so as to elicit whatever reactions they want. They are so arrogant and cynical, so far above the law that they think everyone believes their self-congratulatory charades.
You want the truth of it? I don’t think for a second that the Jews who are now hostage survivors are all that traumatized. They are angry, and not so much with the terrorist guy (one expects his sort), but rather with the FBI. Yep. It is precisely this political manipulation by the FBI which will do unimaginable moral injury to the freed hostages, the terrorism survivors, to all members of Beth Israel synagogue, to all Jews everywhere. What the FBI has done will throw whatever level of traumatic stress hostages might have endured into an ongoing terror, that of one’s government telling you to your face that you imagined the whole thing, that the Islamicist “religion of peace” always and only has members who are peaceful and who love Jews, always, everywhere.
A message to the FBI: “Je suis Beth Israel.” Why’s that? Because I’m a Catholic priest. And don’t think that’s some form of threat. No, no. It’s a promise to unite my prayers for you with those, surely, of the terrorism survivors.
The Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982 (Pub.L. 97–200, 50 U.S.C. §§ 421–426) can be summarized as that which makes it a Federal crime – enforced with a penalty of a fine or up to three years in prison or both regarding anyone with or without whatever security clearance and access / need to know – to compromise directly or by patterned indications an asset in extremely broadly defined circumstances (as assessed by courts in view of the bias of relevant agencies or bureaus), regardless as to whether the scope of such a law compromises the Constitution and Constitutional rights of citizens in good standing, including their right to protect the viability of their very lives. Intent doesn’t matter. Wow!
But you gotta know that we’re dealing with those whose bias stemming from their counterintelligence gaslighting lifestyle greenlights all betrayal when the IIPA is turned back-to-front, upside-down, inside-out so as to protect identities of real assets by creating fall-guys of naïve citizens in good standing who are brought to have an inescapable lack of deniability by way of a baited history of a thousand circumstances and incidents, all innocent… but the naïve guy is nevertheless forthwith guilty of all that the real asset did to contravene the law both here and across our borders so as to accomplish whatever assignment, with the naïve guy wondering how it all happened while in solitary confinement. Whew!
Meanwhile, think of it, our Lord Jesus purposely baited the idiots of His own day to have Himself judged as guilty of all our sin. They put Him to death and Jesus accomplished that for which He came, to stand in our place, Innocent for the guilty, taking on that punishment for sin that we all deserve, death, so as to have the right in His own justice to have mercy on us. That’s makes me laugh with great joy.
You just can’t win in a baiting game with Jesus. Might as well just be forgiven and go to heaven.
And I still have two requests for DSCC. They know what went down the other week. Too sad.
These billboards are all over Pennsylvania, and will remain up for a couple of months. They were put up by former Republican state senator Scott Wagner. Good on Scott Wagner.
So, continuing meme, how about…
You get the idea.
I’m sick of it. I’m sick of all of it. I’m sick of individuals who betray these U.S.A. I’m sick of individuals in the Church who betray Christ Jesus. I’m sick.
But, enough of that. That’s just me being weak and useless.
I should be enthusiastic, joyful to live in these times. What a privilege to live in these times. Thank you Jesus.
So how about something like this…
That portrait of Saint Thomas More as Chancellor of England under King Henry VIII always had pride of place in the law offices of my dad.
Besides the smoke and flames goat heads and baphomets in the flames and the smoke from both buildings, there are two almost photograph quality faces on the lower right, one mostly black and white, the other orangey. And now I can’t unsee all that. That’s the top photo of Father Gordon’s post today.
It was just after 10:46:40 PM on the evening of September 11, 2001, in the chapel of the major seminary of the diocese of Wagga Wagga, Australia (14 hours ahead of us), during a Holy Hour (I taught Scripture and languages in that seminary) that one of the seminarians ran into the chapel and – out loud – said that I had to come and look at the television. I was the only American at the seminary. He didn’t say what it was about, so I ignored him.
A few minutes later another seminarian came in to fetch me saying it was really important. America was being attacked. There are planes… You just have to come. Now. I went. He ran down the long hallway the length of the seminary. I ran as best I could. Now I was worried.
I looked at the television screen and made the sign of the cross, said the Lord’s prayer and the Hail Mary. I still tear up and get angry all at the same time, even now, as I revise and put up this post once again. Sigh…
May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.
Since the second that Traitor Biden called for a fear-filled middle of the night retreat betraying everyone in the world and untold numbers of friends on the ground there has been a group of U.S. veterans of Afghanistan who have been working 24/7 to get trusted friends of years out of that now hell-hole. Literally, they’ve not slept for the past week and a half.
I got a call yesterday from this group wanting my contacts actively in communication with what’s happening inside Hamid Karzai International Airport (HKAIA) and environs so that last second logistics could be arranged. I did that. You never know whose friend of a friend will be the key to getting out one… more… soul…
What I heard in the voice of this long-time friend dragged me right into the middle of all this, filling me with adrenaline. I said that I wanted to fly them over right now and Just. Get. The. Job. Done. He was, of course, simply mission driven, dead pan logical, already doing the impossible with the impossible.
Here’s the deal: If I was consulted about HKAIA, a mere priest in the back ridges of Appalachia, you gotta know that the situation is even worse than what we see on the news, much worse. Hell… Hell…
What more can I do? Lower the flag? And pray? Yes, both of these things…
Hopefully this handing over of contact info will be one of a myriad little things that will accomplish the goal, which in this case is about getting close, trusted friends out, one by one, one by one, one by one, one by one, one by one… no sleep… gotta get it done… one by one, one by one, one by one, one by one, one … by … … …
… dead … silence …
Hail Mary… pray for us now and at the hour of our death…
Cardinal What’s-his-face is indicted on fraud charges somewhere between four and five hundred million dollars, and the IOR (Institute for the Works of Religion – Vatican Bank) contacts little me. I like that. :-)
Here’s a bit of the email, which surely goes out to all clients, except not, just to the very few individuals in the world who have a personal account with them, and are not, say, national seminaries in Rome or religious orders. I was quite the exception… um… as usual.
So, they are doing an investigation of specific clients regarding money laundering and the financing of international terrorism. We’re supposed to provide some information and it will all be good, unless they decide to freeze the account = confiscate the money, you know, surely not for money laundering and the financing of international terrorism. It is to laugh, but lest there be an international warrant for my arrest, I guess I’ll comply. Fun!
I do have an account at IOR for many decades. There is money in it, let’s see:
- From the odd donation
- From direct deposit when I worked at Vatican Radio
- From Mass stipends (given to me by the Secretariat of State)
- From my parents (RIP) who basically financed all my studies in Rome
The account has been sitting dead for years. It’s not like it has seen any monies moved in, moved out, just nothing.
I’m sure they are just doing a best practices audit. Good timing.
Besides your phone tracking where you are especially when you turn off all tracking, shut the phone off entirely, and take out the main battery, with much more accurate tracking than if you just left it all on and enabled, media systems and all their adjunct driving “aids” on cars newer than not also have plenty of GPS trackers.
But more than that vehicles can also be tracked with GPS locators, often placed by the owners of vehicles in high car-theft areas. Car makers often provide an option to have car tracking installed in the factory, providing phone apps to help law enforcement. Remember the Asian guy in the Boston Marathon bombing aftermath? This guy is great.
Trackers can save your life and the lives of others.
And as far as any law enforcement placing a tracker on any car… Great! I love it! The more the merrier! Fill up my car, inside and out!
All that exclamation point excitability is for all things being equal, that is, with the person being tracked not being someone who is discovering untold corruption and racketeering in criminal organizations or criminal cover-up going on where it shouldn’t be happening. We’ll assume the good, so, it’s all good.
I’ve never seen any trackers on my vehicles, not that I ever really searched. For me, it’s like, whatever. Maybe they are there for good. Maybe they are there for other than good reasons. Whatever the case, removing a tracker can possibly be against the law, having you wind up in prison. And – as Hillary once said – what difference does it make? You take one off another more cleverly placed tracker is attached. I’ve no time for such nonsense.
Personally, I like the idea of being tracked. It leaves a computer trail that’s pretty much impossible to erase, you know, what the trails are, who’s doing the tracking. It works both ways, keeping everyone honest. My life is an open book anyway. I just have a more refined situational awareness when stupid situations are going down. And that brings welcome skill sets of how to get out of or avoid untoward situations altogether. De-escalation skills are always good.
Again, whatever. And – hey! – I might just have gone out of my own way to track my own vehicles. You never know. It’s never a bad idea. :-)
TO THE POINT: God always knows where we are, and is registering every thought we have, every move we make: He be watching us (sorry for the musical recall). More than that, our guardian angels are, thank God, doing the same. They see the face of God and us at the same time. You know…
Never mind that. He’s got his eyes open all the time. His situational awareness cannot be beat.
Guardian angels will do whatever it takes to get us to heaven, whether that means saving us from perils in this life, or NOT. They want that we have our souls pointed to heaven, that we are calling out to our Lord, that we long to go to heaven, and be prepared for that at any time.
No, I don’t care about electronic trackers. No fear! We all have
something someone much better:
- Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide.
But then there’s this guy:
Or the zip-tie guy:
Here’s the deal: terrorism and inane acts never get anyone anywhere. It’s only emotion. Sad that people die, sometimes a lot of people, sometimes just a few. In either case it only makes things worse right around the world with untold numbers of deaths.
September 11 only made these USA more resilient even amidst the wars spawned. January 6 only occasioned people to forget about being upset about incidents of voter fraud, so that now what we have is a concerted destruction of the Constitution, the voiding of the Rule of Law, the might makes right of the deep-state now becoming a police state.
What I’ve been telling people for very many years is that back in the day, a “militia” for, of and by the people could in fact go up against an abusive government that is not for, of and by the people, since that government, back in the day, only had a militia on the same standing. That is NOT the case any longer. You simply cannot go up against the U.S. Military apparatus, especially when Military Brass is quite entirely in lock-step with jackboot fascist Dems, the very ones who are so against the free exercise of religion, the freedom of speech, the freedom of assembly.
All that is going to be accomplished is a lessening of rights of citizens in good standing in these USA. Period. Look, I’m not insulting anyone’s thirst for justice and righteousness, but this is not the way to go about it.
First of all: merely with some hundreds of drones kitted out with directional EMPs or all lasered up and programmed with coordinates, set out on a grid from sea to shining sea, the military can take out any dissidents who are merely perceived enemies of Dem ideology, like, within hours, literally. All ready to go. This is already old technology. We’ve had this for many years. You gonna go up against that? Really? That’s one example.
Second of all, and much more importantly: the only way to get back true patriotism is to recognize, by definition, that God is our Father. If we’re all just playing identity politics, it’s over. Everybody, get on your knees before God.