- “The Kingdom of Thailand weeps for its children. Only a wounded healer like Mr. Pornchai Moontri could tell such a devastating story and yet leave readers feeling inspired and hopeful. This is indeed a gift. I have read many accounts of this tragedy, but none told with such elegant grace.” — Dorothy R. Stein
Tag Archives: Father Gordon J MacRae
Raped for years, his mother murdered, imprisoned most of his life, now a friend of Immaculate Mary’s Son, Jesus
In that picture above the background you see is boxes of cold cases, murders, piled high in the United States Territory of Guam. The label that’s visible says “HOMICIDE: WANNEE L BAILEY”. She’s the one who was murdered. That’s her on the left in the picture at 19 years old, when she was pregnant with her son, Pornchai Moontri, who is to the right in the picture at 12 years of age.
From Father Gordon J MacRae:
- “It has not escaped my notice that this is being posted on the Feast of the Exultation of the Cross. That is most fitting. This is an unusual post for us, but a necessary one. It tells a story that has deeply impacted our lives and it has been a long time in the making. Please note that portions of this account may be disturbing. I have done all I can to minimize such content without minimizing the story itself. This post is longer than most, but it is a mesmerizing account with no part that I could justly omit. If you have never shared a post of mine on social media or with others, please share this one.”
Just to be clear: share that post on BeyondTheseStoneWalls, over there. Here’s the link:
It is one of the very highest honors of my entire life to be called a friend of Pornchai Moontri.
The great Father Gordon J MacRae finally get’s to publish his perspective on the overturning of Roe v Wade by the Supreme Court. The Unspoken Racist Arena of Roe v. Wade
He called up this morning and asked me to go to the post, our usual on a Wednesday morning. We discussed the graphics of the post and then he asked me to review his SERP, that is, his meta-description or what we might call a lengthy sub-title:
- “Catholic priests and politicians who are silent about abortion often cite racism as a higher moral priority. Are they blind to the racist oppression of Roe v. Wade?”
You have to know that black babies are by far the vast, vast majority of babies who are murdered in the womb, truly a genocide of black people, with racist, purposely genocidal Planned Parenthood putting their abortuaries in poor, black neighborhoods, defending their “rights” to kill themsleves (which has always been a goal of the Democrat party of the KKK.
So, I started to read that SERP, that metadescription out loud to him over the phone. Without missing a beat, this is how it went, sending us both into uproarious laughter over the phone:
- “Catholic priests and politicians who are silent about abortion often cite racism as a higher moral priority. What a bunch of assholes.“
After our fit of laughter subsided a bit, only to return many times, Father Gordon expressed his immediate desire to edit his original with my revised edition.
That’s Pornchai. And that’s Hill. Over in Thailand.
Currents run deep. I’m guessing that Ponch is just now beginning to breath. Thanks be to God.
Meanwhile, Father Gordon MacRae says that Hill looks fierce, ferocious.
I say that Hill looks entirely placid.
Anyway, Father Gordon says that Hill is like the only dog in the Sacred Scriptures that appears without any negativity, you know is the Book of Tobit.
Of course, it depends what you mean by negativity.
- “Get up and go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who is in Samaria. See, he is in the vineyard of Naboth, of which he has gone to take possession. Tell him that this is what the LORD says: ‘Have you not murdered a man and seized his land?’ Then tell him that this is also what the LORD says: ‘In the place where the dogs licked up the blood of Naboth, there also the dogs will lick up your blood— yes, yours!’” When Elijah arrived, Ahab said to him, “So you have found me out, my enemy.” He replied, “I have found you out because you have sold yourself to do evil in the sight of the LORD. (1 Kings 21:18-20).
The dogs licking up the blood of the enemies is absolutely glorious. I would say: “Goood DAWWWG!”
There are a lot of goood DAWWWGs in Sacred Scripture.
Coalition for Canceled Priests – The opportunity to purchase property has been given to the Coalition. They are entrusting this to St. Joseph and if this is the will of God they know that the proper donors will come forward. This property will be a place for canceled priests to live, go on retreat, and be a place of spiritual rest. firstname.lastname@example.org – Fr. John P. Lovell
It’s like every day that I hear of another (arch)diocese where un-“vaccinated” priests are being smashed down and cancelled, forbidden to provide the Sacraments to the Lord’s Little Flock. This is full-on atheistic communism. Priests were being cancelled before this “crisis” for all sorts of reasons, like just being honest to goodness believers.
Meanwhile, for over 27 years as of this writing, one of the most ultra-super-cancelled priests I know is Father Gordon MacRae, who singlehandedly tried to stop the abuse-crisis the way it has played out until this day with the bishops saying “We’ll pay settlements without any question, with no due process for the priest, as long as we bishop-friends of McCarrick are considered heroes!” He’s a priest after our Lord’s own Heart.
Above is a detail of the list as a screen shot when that Laurie-List came out. I’m sure there were those other than LEOs who didn’t want Jimmy’s name out there like that. There are conflicts of interest to keep him in good standing in the view of the public all the way to Congress, all the way to the Vatican. This also involves the case of the great Father Gordon MacRae, who is still in prison because of McLaughlin’s dubious activities. Here’s a screen shot of the immediately edited and re-published list:
See any particular name rhyming with “McLaughlin, James” on that revised list? No. No you don’t.
And here’s a picture of Jimmy with his reward (below). I gotta wonder if that’s the only reward he will get for his life here upon earth when Christ Jesus comes to judge the living and the dead and world by fire. Jesus doesn’t care about any manipulated Laurie-List.
It’s been said that Jimmy paid accusers to up his numbers of convictions, thus, I’m guessing, so as to ensure his continued activity in contravening the truth, as that was making him look like a hero.
Isn’t that correct, Jimmy? Just a question. If that’s true, I think that’s called RICO, Jimmy. I’m thinking that a class-action law-suit is going to net hundreds of counts, each of them, under RICO law, able to be multiplied for sentences consecutively served. It’s in your best interest to confess right now, Jimmy. Maybe you’ll be given a plea-deal. And those you unjustly had thrown into prison will be let out, isn’t that right, Jimmy? Just a question.
No matter how your law-suits turn out in this world, Mr McLaughlin, you should know that Jesus always has the last laugh. Yep. Think about it. Your move, Jimmy.
P.S. There is no one more despised by honest law enforcement officers than a corrupt cop.
Did I hear that right? You need an Advent Project? Here’s one:
That project involves Father John Le in Thailand (who has been assisting Pornchai Maximilian Moontri), as well as Father Tim Moyle, in Canada, who is twinning his parish with Father Le’s Advent Project.
Meanwhile, some humor, because, it is what it is, Eh?! First of all, as a prerequisite, the first minute of this video dedicated to Canadians saying, asking, “Eh?!” after everything they say, “Eh?!”
Now then, once this twinning of parishes goes forward, everyone involved in Canada will be saying the traditional Thai greeting of “Sawasdee kup!” There are fuller spellings for orthography and changes for the person to whom you are greeting, but that’s the basic form.
- Pornchai, with typical humor, said: “Oh great! Now everyone in Canada is going to be saying “Sawasdee kup! Eh?!”
Hahaha! Eh?! Lol.
- Meanwhile, Father Gordon MacRae, not to be outdone in humor, having learned from the great Pornchai makes his own joke: “This is how you tell Canadian Geese from all other geese. Other geese say “Honk!” and Canadian Geese say “Honk! Eh?!”
One of these geese actually says “Eh?!” in the midst of this few seconds of honking:
Father Gordon learned well from the master of humor, Pornchai Maximilian Moontri, Eh?!
Meanwhile, be sure to go to that special events page of Beyond These Stone Walls:
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Fr Walter Ciszek, Thomas More, Cardinal George Pell all inspired us from prison but the Catholic Media Association silences Fr Gordon MacRae. — By Ryan A. MacDonald
Here’s a taste from Ryan’s blog:
“The Chicago-based Catholic Media Association (CMA) publishes in its preamble that it exists “to spread and to support the Kingdom of God” with “principles derived from the Catholic faith.” Many Catholics might be hard-pressed to comprehend how that is accomplished by the creation of a new class of lepers in the Church, Catholic priests judged guilty for being accused.
“The Catholic Media Association invites those engaged in writing and publishing regarding the Catholic faith – including Catholic bloggers – to apply for membership. In a review of Fr Gordon MacRae’s blog, Beyond These Stone Walls, Catholic Culture gave its highest marks for fidelity to the faith and for fairness and content. Our Sunday Visitor cited it as its Readers’ Choice for the Best of the Catholic Web.
“About.com awarded it second place in its “Best Catholic Blog” category. The National Catholic Register has cited it in various online and print articles. Catalyst, the Journal of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, has cited it on numerous occasions and has published two centerpiece articles by Fr MacRae who is also a member of the Catholic Writers Guild. But none of this was sufficient to overcome the prison “leper” class into which Father MacRae was relegated by the Catholic Media Association with this terse dismissal from CMA Executive Director Timothy M. Walter:
- “Mr. MacRae: I appreciate your interest in the Catholic Media Association but I’m sorry to inform you that the Membership Committee has denied your request for membership at this time.”
I’m indignant at their usage of “Mr.” As it is, Father MacRae has always been in good standing with all priestly faculties. You can read Ryan’s great comment in continuation of this article over his blog: http://araminthethicket.blogspot.com/2021/11/at-catholic-media-association-bias-and.html
Ryan is much more polite than I am. The usage of the word Toady and the picture above is mine. Fun fact from Google dictionary about “Toady”: “Early 19th century: said to be a contraction of toad-eater, a charlatan’s assistant who ate toads; toads were regarded as poisonous, and the assistant’s survival was thought to be due to the efficacy of the charlatan’s remedy.” Pope Francis renders this multisyllabicly: coprophagia. Pope Francis doesn’t like coprophagia. Nope. Not one bit.
- Father George: “I’ve totally been successful in making sure I will never become a bishop, just in case there was a one in a million chance as time goes on.”
- Father MacRae: “Your chances of ever becoming a bishop are less than zero, Father George.”
- Father George: “Great!”
- Father MacRae: “There is a greater chance that you, Father George, will be run over by a bishop in a hit and run “accident” than you stand in being appointed a bishop yourself.”
The scare-quotes of “accident” are Father Gordon’s, meaning, there’s a pretty good chance I might die in a hit and run planned out by any bishop… and therefore… there might still be some kind of chance that I become a bishop.
So, following up on that fact, at the end of the conversation, Father Gordon, my spiritual director, with the greatest of humor, said: “Keep writing, Father George!”
Father Gordon wants me dead, I guess, or at least that I make sure that I never ever become a bishop! ;-)
/// UPDATE: The Apostolic Nuncio in Washington DC has taken up the case. Interesting timeline. ///
Over on Beyond These Stone Walls, Father Gordon J MacRae published on how Bishop Peter A Libasci of the Diocese of Manchester, NH, was effectively set up by ever so ex-Governor Andrew Cuomo. Bill Donohue of the Catholic League assisted in giving this a wide readership. If you haven’t see it yet, here’s the link right to that article:
But there’s a problem, which is that many do not read the comments of posts. The trolls ruin it for everyone. In the case of Beyond These Stone Walls, as with a few others, the comments are well-moderated, not to take out opposing points of view, but so as not to allow malice to have a voice.
There is one comment in particular I would like to highlight here in hopes that, in reading it, you will go to read that article linked above. This is a matter of justice.
The comment is penned by the incisive journalist, Ryan A. MacDonald:
- “As Father G [Father Gordon J MacRae: ABOUT] knows, I have investigated and written multiple articles about events that led to his unjust trial and wrongful conviction and about his appearance on Bishop Peter Libasci’s published list of the “credibly accused.” Two of them are linked here in Fr. G’s post. At first, after reading this post, I vehemently disagreed with his decision to defend Bishop Libasci and expose the arena of hypocrisy and greed in which the Bishop was accused. My first impulse upon reading this post was that I wanted to shake Fr. G into reality. He is defending the due process rights of someone who has failed to defend his. He is asking the whole Church not to shame someone who did not hesitate to shame him by publishing the list of names of priests who are “guilty for being accused.” I am quite fascinated by Fr. G’s linked article, “Be Wary of Crusaders!” I am hard pressed to tell the difference between Bishop Libasci and former Governor Cuomo. They have both plucked the splinter from the eyes of others while ignoring the plank in their own. Bishop Libasci cited his own self-righteous “transparency” when he chose to join the mob with stones in hand to shame other priests who have been accused, many with no more evidence than the evidence against him. But Fr. G was right and I was wrong. We cannot uphold due process rights and a presumption of innocence only for those who have done right by us. I stand corrected, and not for the first time by this wrongly imprisoned priest. Ryan A. MacDonald”
Father Gordon has never seen his own FaceBook page but others post on his behalf. Content from TheseStoneWalls has been very popular on TheseStoneWalls FaceBook page. Posts from TSW have been very popular there especially with Catholic FaceBook “Groups”. There are people who post dozens of times a day elsewhere on FaceBook on their own pages, but nothing had been posted on my behalf for well over two days.
FaceBook blocked the graphic above from being posted on the following groups:
- Roman Catholic Republicans Faithful to the Church
- Catholic Pro-Life
- Priests for Life
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic News and Discussion
- Sensus Fidelium
- Catholic Writers
- Catholic Media
- Catholic Fellowship on Facebook
- One Million Connected Catholics
- Catholic Strong
- Catholic Spiritual Warfare in Today’s World
- The Catholics Writers Guild
- …including many others such as FoxNews Groups, etc.
Even just two or three of the above have a readership of over 1/2 million followers.
The reason FaceBook gave is:
“FaceBook must place limits on how often you can post.”
FaceBook invited Father Gordon MacRae to make a rebuttal, which is as follows:
“FaceBook has been criticized for limiting or blocking conservative content. This is an example.”
The specific post being blocked in this very popular article by Father MacRae:
Was front page of The Big PULPIT on this Thursday past. However, we need YOU to share this as much as you can to get out the truth, those of you especially who have internet audiences.
Statement from Father Gordon J. MacRae:
- “I may be the only priest free enough to write this. The Leftist Mobs cannot throw me in jail. They can only block me on FaceBook.”
Pilate in the center, Jesus in light, Barabbas in the dark.
When Pilate asks whom the people want him to release, as was the custom during the High Holy Days, the people shout repeatedly: “We want Barabbas! We want Barabbas!”
Jesus is the Divine Son of the Father, laying down His life for us, the Innocent for the guilty, taking on the punishment each one of us deserves so as to have the right in His own justice to have mercy on us. Hours before, in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus prayed to His Father: “Abba! Father!”
Jesus, the Divine Son of the Father is passed over in favor of Barabbas, whose name, in full irony, means “Son of the Father.” And so are we all created and now redeemed as children of our gracious Heavenly Father.
Has any of us ever said about anyone anywhere, “Better him than me”?
Meanwhile, the people, all of us, received what we wanted: Barabbas.
And then this is what happened to Jesus before being crucified:
Notice the clever film editing: Jesus, who was at the right hand of the political powers that be, is now on the left hand of the political powers that be.
Humor: So, in prison, two good friends, Father Gordon MacRae and Pornchai Maximilian Moontri, celebrated Palm Sunday Mass with the reading of the Passion. Max took all the parts except Jesus and the Narrator, meaning he also had, for instance, the crowd.
Max, you have to know, is from Thailand, and grew up speaking Thai until 11 years old, when he was effectively stolen away to Maine, being a horrific saga that has turned out well in the end. The point is that he doesn’t have perfect English Pronunciation of Hebrew, which means that… drum roll… wait for it…
At the point where the crowd yells: “We want Barabbas! We want Barabbas!” Max instead reads, entirely innocently: “We want Baber-Ass! We want Baber-Ass!”
Father Gordon said that he somehow contained his laughter. I would have laughed so loudly the guards would have had to show up in force.
This is one of those epic, epic moments in the life of Jesus’ little flock. A story that will surely be told in heaven, hopefully with also a redeemed and saved Barabbas listening.
Meanwhile, on this Friday of Easter week – every day like Easter Day…
That’s the original cover of Jackass for the Hour, my ecclesiastical thriller novel on the deadly intrigue of today’s interreligious politics, with its accompanying pen-name, Renzo di Lorenzo, which pen-name I was soon to abandon.
Without having read that work, a while back a priest friend offered a prejudicial critique of Jackass for the Hour, saying (1) that no saint has ever penned a novel and (2) that the entire modus operandi of a novel is an invitation to demonic influence by the writer, who necessarily jumps from senseless thought to other idiocies of his own life, making for what I had already thought through – and answered – myself calling such methodology the results of a mere autobiographical laxative. I protested that what I had done was different, that I had thought it through, that it was extremely tightly scripted, much like a very large mathematical equation. He repeated that no saint ever let their guard down to do such a dangerous thing. And then he said a dozen times if once that it would necessarily be a mere repeat of the rubbishy work of Malachi Martin. Blech. I was disheartened. No hope for me, especially because I had enjoyed writing so very much. I was trying to follow about the only novel I had ever read – The Sum of All Fears – in its intense in media res story line breaks. It’s like the adrenaline of extreme sports without the broken bones.
Then I mentioned this put-down of all novels yet again today to Father Gordon MacRae, an intellectual and literary giant in his own right. He rejected the put-down instantaneously, calling my attention to the fact that John Henry Cardinal Newman is now a canonized saint of the Catholic Church, and that this intellectual and literary giant in fact wrote a novel, a book-length epic poem called – The Dream of Gerontius – that recalls in style and substance The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. And he did this after his conversion to the Catholic Church.
While Jackass for the Hour is 9.37 times the length of Newman’s The Dream of Gerontius, and while I’m NOT an intellectual or literary giant, but am only one more of the millions of people who perhaps unfortunately have a keyboard to play with, I must say that I feel vindicated in some small way. That makes my day.
UPDATE: After more fierceness, a LEO catechumen came to the rescue, texting me this picture of the cover of a novel by, as he said: “SAINT Thomas More”:
In Father Gordon J MacRae’s own words:
“In the course of my 1994 trial, and while sentenced to life in prison, and during State and habeas corpus appeals I have never been allowed to utter a single word in my own defense. In 2011 a two-part documentary video was made of my testimony. It went missing for several years and has just turned up.”
The insanity of self-congratulators, self-proclaimed heroes of a witch-hunt, only destroys justice for all, making hatred into a virtue, further destroying lives. People will get sick of allegations being made equal to guilt and no longer listen to real victims. False accusers, drawn by the lure of ultra-super-easy money, will also live destroyed lives. Justice, due process – what priests have not been afforded – is important, more important than the self-hero worship of bishops who proclaim themselves to be “tough on abuse” when they simply continue to abuse justice, entrenching in the basic problem all the more with abuse of authority.
Apologies for making an analogy with Kristallnacht and the Shoah. It’s just that, honestly, this is what popped into my mind this morning when on the phone with Father Gordon, who’s in prison. The guards were coming to do count. When this happens, almost daily while we’re on the phone, Father Gordon J MacRae (ABOUT) says:
“Hold on, please! They’re coming!”
He then has to run out and stand in line and get counted. Big deal, right? I’ve heard him say this thousands of times over the years. But this time it was different. For me, it was electrifying: “They’re coming!” Honesty, the Nazi murderers coming to kill came to mind.
I mentioned this to Father Gordon just a few minutes ago when he got back on the phone, and then told him of a step even further that that. It struck me that this murderous analogy is not only what he himself meant to convey, but that he meant something even further. It came to mind that the “Hold on!” referred to just wait until we’re both in heaven, momentarily, and then we’ll pick up on this conversation where we left off…” as if to say, “Big deal about getting murdered; who cares about that if we have the Lord’s life within us, a life which is stronger than death?”
Father Gordon, becoming quiet for a moment, then responded to say that he can’t really speak about this, but, he said ever so reflectively, “The analogy is not totally improper.”
Father Gordon J MacRae, troublemaker that he is, since he was a six year old, composed and broadcast this poem out loud, before God and everyone:
Isn’t it nice that we have faces
They contain my favorite places
Eyes to see
Ears to hear
Nose to smell and
Mouth for beer
Wow. At six years old! I love it.
It’s reminiscent of SCOTUS Justice Brett Michael Kavanaugh’s love for beer. ;-)
BTW, there’s no yearbook for six year olds, nor any Senate Committee by which he might defend his reputation against, say, Voice of the “Faithful.”