Tag Archives: Free exercise of religion
So, just in these last days and weeks, Canada has been following Ireland, so that everything is pretty much wide open, but if there are one or two people in church for Holy Mass (this time a Traditional Latin Mass), all hell breaks out and the Covid Police come to smack people down, chasing altar boys into the sacristy (Yikes!) and parishioners thrown out of the church, the police demanding that they want identifying info to put the offenders on “THE LIST” surely turning into “THE BOOK.”
But will this not turn out to be the Book of Life, with those so listed going to heaven, keeping up with the sacraments?
I’m not bragging with these Flowers for the Immaculate Conception. No. It’s easy for me in far, far, far Western North Carolina. Zero law enforcement officers of any agency could care less about Covid, masks, social distancing, whatever. And we have that on film, multiple agencies in a town meeting with extreme lack of social distancing, none of them wearing a mask. So, it’s easy for me to offer Holy Mass for the past year and a half as normal as normal can be. It’s easy for me to provide all the Sacraments for Jesus’ flock. That’s not to virtue signal. No. Any priest by chance in these parts would do the same, all things being equal, right?
For priests in Ireland, Canada, the Vatican, and elsewhere around the world, things aren’t so easy. There is an outright persecution. Would I be as brave as some of them are in persecution? I’m not going to claim that. That’s about God’s grace, and I have no control over that. Without God’s grace, I’m a total idiot.
So, if I’m doing my rounds to provide the Sacraments and I take a picture of flowers for the Immaculate Conception like the picture up top, it’s also as a gift to her on behalf of those who would do this if they could or are smacked down for trying. So, flowers for you, dearest Mary, from us priests around the world. Show yourself to be a mother to us! Monstra te esse Matrem! We pray for those who are ever so afraid afraid afraid afraid afraid. Hail Mary…
While SCOTUS seems to defend the free exercise of religion in this decision, I posit that this is another step down a slippery slope, for the free exercise of religion is actually essential, while Chinamart is not. There’s no comparison. True, California had smacked down Constitutional rights – given by God, not man, by the way – so that Chinamart was held to be infinitely more essential than any free exercise of religion. But SCOTUS merely putting the two on par with each other is not the solution. No. The free exercise of religion is absolutely essential – against Joey (The Heretic – anti-Catholic) Biden.
Talk about a way to protect corrupt cops on the take from cartels, mafiosi or even from local idiot politicians who protect mid-level drug and prostitution rackets. LEOs who are believers will be thrown out of law enforcement, while criminals will be hired.
All un-Constitutional you ask? As if that were the end of discussion and it ain’t gonna happen? Since when did we even have a Constitution or a Justice Department that could care less about any Constitution? When did Hillary or Strzok or Comey or Obama or any of these guys be brought up seriously on charges?
Nobody who is anybody in the dark world of corruption is prosecuted, ever. The only ones prosecuted in entirely kangaroo courts are those who thirst for justice and mercy, for a Constitutional Republic with the Rule of Law that is actually followed.
I don’t know the origin of that term “kangaroo courts” but I imagine that it has to do with judges and political correctness, as kangaroos travel in herds of hundreds and even thousands. And yet, it is also applicable to those not granted any due process, such as to those who follow the Constitution of these United States. The pass-time for Aussies is to stand up on the back of a flat-bed truck, holding on to the crash-bar at the back the cab with one hand while holding a rifle in the other (yes…) shooting as many roos and joeys as they can in an afternoon.
Oh! I forgot! The same thing has been happening in the military. Anyone who does not actively persecute particularly believing Catholics is smashed down. And here Catholics were the vast majority of military members.
Oh! I forgot! The same thing has been happening in our intelligence agencies. THE enemy of the State is the guy who loves God and loves neighbor, who respects others by joyfully living the Constitution with the Rule of Law.
Oh! I forgot! There are moves to destroy the Constitution, and legislatures are openly trying to pass laws against the Rule of Law. This is how all societies fail. We are in the very last stage of failure.
But there are always good people who are believers – no matter what – and they will be instruments enabling open love of God and neighbor in a society that protects the same. But when will be smashed down in the process.
As for me, I want to go to heaven, so I couldn’t care less about the being smashed down part. Heaven is forever.
The present idiots get five bucks of corruption money and then go to hell. Their choice.
We pray that all might want to go to heaven. Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
Seriously? Polish? Again? You know why? About the only Catholics going to church in England and Ireland are Polish immigrants who are Catholic. So, the Polish Catholics are made the example.
How do you know those serving are not all living together in the same orphanage? Are the assuming they are live in separate homes? Is this just an excuse to persecute the Catholics in bloody England?
There will always be excuses. Covid-19 idiocy is convenient today.
Why the persecution? It wouldn’t be there if church leadership wasn’t so terribly corrupt. But now people have to push and shove in order to get some witness to the Gospel. Because of the wounds on the risen Body of the Lord Jesus, people have a right to get witness from us. If we don’t given it willingly, it will be taken by force.
This is in Calgary, Canada. This is pastor is great. I’m guessing he and his little congregation are Messianic Jews. I don’t know. I’m guessing he’s got a Jewish background, that many in his family were burned alive in the ovens in his native Poland. He knows the signs of progression of persecution. Non-Jews will mention Hitler or the Nazis. Pretty much no one mentions the Gestapo these days. We’re too ignorant. He does mention the Gestapo and he’s not ignorant. Anyway, the point is that this is a church, and services are taking place. Call the Mounties! Sorry…
Just guessing, but it’s rather likely the police will come back in even greater numbers, not only with warrants to search the building for maskless parishioners to smash them to the ground – purposely waiting for another service so as to arrest them, including babies and grannies – but also with warrants to arrest the pastor for having been an obstacle to law enforcement or whatever resistance to persecution in Canada is called. I bet they throw the pastor in prison for terrorism because, you know, he holds that God is a higher authority than the state. It’s a demonic power thing of the state. Any challenge to atheistic smashdowns is terrorism.
I think he should research who it was who ordered the police to coordinate such a large group of officers to gang up on the church. Perhaps research will discover some conflicts of interest. That’s how any Kristallnacht begins, a bit of greed, a bit of complicity, of bit of adrenaline to aid one in keeping one’s job. And then the unthinkable happens, that is, unthinkable for those self-congratulators who won’t see it even when the ovens are burning hot. They will say that the pastor should have been more nicer! The sophisticates will just say they got what they deserved. Yep. That includes people around you.
- “But Father George! Father George! Tell us what YOU would do!”
Well, as one Police Officer told me, he would never contravene anyone’s Constitutional rights. Never. But, he’s not around anymore. Sigh.
We don’t have a tabernacle in church right now as we accomplish renovations back to tradition, but if we are a point in Holy Mass after the Consecrations, the first thing I would do would be to consume the Blessed Sacrament so that there would be no desecration. As I was doing that I would tell everyone either to start filming the raid or call 911. (I know, I know. But it get’s the incident onto recorded, discoverable format, easily subpoenaed in court.)
The second thing I would do is tell the officers that they themselves will be personally liable in any civil, criminal and Constitutional cases, because – yes – that is how liability works when officers break the law. It doesn’t matter that they were “forced” to do so by any superiors.
Here’s the deal:
- Advice from the CDC doesn’t forbid people not to wear a mask if they cannot do so for whatever medical reasons, such as asthma. Just because someone is not wearing a mask doesn’t mean that they are breaking the law. I’m not a minister of justice of the State and the State cannot force me to be a minister of justice of the State. I have no right to have people declare their medical difficulties in public. Ain’t gonna happen. And officers cannot force people to repeat their medical histories publicly. Hipaa laws, however mitigated, aren’t that mitigated. Any arrests made on presumption of medical history is, instead, the purposed disrupting of a religious service, a criminal act in North Carolina on the first offense. A second and especially a third offence is going to have you doing serious time, officer or not. And if you pick on one church, you had better smash down all the churches, as otherwise it will be a rather pointed hate-crime against a particular class of people, in the case of my church, Catholics.
- If two dozen people crammed into two or three pews are not social distancing I’m not going to call them out and make them explain that they all live in the same house because they are so poor. Ain’t gonna happen. I’m not a minister of justice of the State and the State cannot force me to be a minister of justice of the State. And if LEOs arrest people based on mere appearances and not on any facts whatsoever, what they are doing instead is the purposed disrupting of a religious service.
The third thing I would do, haven’t talked over any such officers – and again, I can only imagine this happening here as a political smack down to keep me in line – the third thing would be to do exactly what the pastor in the top video did. Of course, around here, it would take exactly one second for me to smashed to floor cuffed behind my back. So be it. Take me, not the parishioners. Make an example out of me, not the parishioners. Is it me you want? Well, then, take me, but not my parishioners. I think Someone else gave that example already.
Now it goes to the Senate. Sigh.
Anyone or anything which insists that marriage is to be between one man and one woman aspiring to be a family is to be outlawed. That’s sure to be a criminal offense, perhaps firstly a misdemeanor, then various levels of felonies which will end in prison.
What am I going to do about my Bible Study for the prisoners up in Graham County? I’ll already be in Jail. So…
The Dems are such fascist bullies. That’s always the case. Satan was a liar and murderer from the beginning.
The freakish, monstrous bishops and archbishops of these politicians who provide them Holy Communion… What are thinking?
Oh, I forgot.
We continue to pray. Ave Maria…
West Wing bashing Jews: text without context is pretext. Bashing one is bashing all. Wuhan Joe wants bashing all believers to be the law.
And, mind you, this is within living memory of the Holocaust. I don’t even know where to begin with how maliciously ignorant this scripted text of West Wing is. Everything is taken out of context that full on hatred of all religion must be the pretext.
Today, fake Catholics like Wuhan Joe are bashing believing Catholics, taking texts in the New Testament out of context to provide self-serving pretext for an anti-Catholic Kristallnacht.
As Bill Donohue says, “The Equality Act has two major goals: it would amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act to include sexual orientation and gender identity to the definition of sex; it would also undermine the Religious Freedom Restoration Act by allowing gay rights to trump religious rights.” Get that?
Bible burning to ensue, both Testaments. Burning of churches will happen at the same time, sometimes with congregants inside, being burned to death. This happens. A priest friend of mine recounted the day the flames were to come to his parish church. Miracles followed, but not for everyone in that hell.
Hellish attitudes are all around us, just waiting to be unleashed. No one cares, because they think it can’t happen.
“Can’t happen…” Tell this to Jesus’ good mom:
The Judeo-Catholic Messiah is Jewish and He said: “Salvation is of the Jews.” But that Messiah is the Lumen Gentium, the Light of the Nations. He is not interested in white and black and brown and yellow and olive and…. No. He is the Head of the Body (as Saint Paul says in His analogy) and all those He draws to Himself as He’s lifted up on the Cross (see John 12:32) are the members of His Body, that is, those who are redeemed and also – all things being equal – saved.
But to speak of such a truth today is somehow racist, a hate crime. And don’t think that as the new Police State is more firmly entrenched that such a painting will be legal to have on canvass, on paper, or even digitally. IT’S RAACIIST!!!
One of the greatest enemies of this kind of identity woke-ness is Martin Luther King, Jr. and his “I have a dream” speech. There is no one more hated among the Marxist lefties than MLK, Jr. Why’s that? Because he destroyed identity politics:
- “I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of “interposition” and “nullification” — one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.”
The elitist lefties hate colorblind children. Haha. Out of the mouths of babes.
Meanwhile, the insanity of disrespect for all peoples continues:
Merrick Garland, seems to me, has it that each individual is systemically racist. The great question to him was this: But doesn’t that mean that the person evaluating someone else is also systemically racist? Cannot one be a believer in the Living Truth?
What we are to do is speak the one language of mercy, forgiveness, goodness and kindness, and of TRUTH, the Living Truth of God, the creator of us. We all stand before Him in need of His mercy, forgiveness, goodness and kindness, and TRUTH.
- When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, they were all in one place together. And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, 1 and it filled the entire house in which they were. Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And they were all filled with the holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim. Now there were devout Jews from every nation under heaven staying in Jerusalem. At this sound, they gathered in a large crowd, but they were confused because each one heard them speaking in his own language. They were astounded, and in amazement they asked, “Are not all these people who are speaking Galileans? Then how does each of us hear them in his own native language? We are Parthians, Medes, and Elamites, inhabitants of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya near Cyrene, as well as travelers from Rome, both Jews and converts to Judaism, Cretans and Arabs, yet we hear them speaking in our own tongues of the mighty acts of God.” (Acts 2:1-11)
It’s said that non-acceptance of identity politics is racist and hurtful of rights of minorities because you can’t attack racism unless you see the racist in action, and you won’t do that unless you see the burdens of history. Well, it’s true that we have to see this reality, that oppressed populations for whatever reasons – and there are very many – are especially vulnerable to ongoing difficulties. Sure, but individuals are to be taken according to their circumstances and respected. One can always notice the violence of a racist and throw their backends in prison, and then assist those who have been smashed down, without jumping to a conclusion that each individual of whatever color it happens to be is racist by reason of their skin color. That would be racist.
I like the picture of the little black boy and the little white boy further above in this post. I take that back! Haha! I like that picture of the little boy and the little boy in the picture further above in this post. Haha!
I love Jesus, who sees these kids made in His own image, and who says: To such as these belongs the Kingdom of God.
Racism is messed up.
God will not be mocked.
Hmmm… thought I. Very expensive folder. What could be inside?
That’s all a calculated lie, of course. Holy Redeemer Catholic Church in Andrews, NC had nothing to do with the U.S. Census Bureau. That’s a paradigmatic shift from what actually happened. I’m the pastor of this church, but I did not involve this 501(c)3 with the Census Bureau in any way. I myself talked with the Census Bureau’s representative who is beholden to the Census Bureau’s Regional Office in Atlanta. She proclaimed that I was very first contact who would be ever so important in gathering information on the Latino community. I didn’t cooperate. I was sent numerous invites to regional conferences indoctrinating valued partners. I never went.
In fact, the very second I met this lady I asked her if she was degreed out in gaming theory (one country gaming another into non-viability). Yes, she was. She had a doctorate in the matter, you know, from a Jesuit university up in WV. I immediately asked if she had therefore been employed among the U.S. Army’s terrorist intelligence mathematical engineers for the DARPA COMPASS program. Yes, she was. That would only make sense. Being employed also by the Census Bureau would mean that stats were her forte. That’s what DARPA COMPASS does in their effort to do up extra-judicial killings also of American Citizens in what they call a gray-war, you know, to make it all better.
I then asked her about gerrymandering political districts. She demurred. I asked about purposed engineering of answers so as to anonymize individuals but entirely compromise any promise not to gerrymander political districts so as to sway elections. She super demurred.
I didn’t cooperate with her repeated visits, telephone calls, emails.
But perhaps I’m wrong about this award. Maybe it’s a gesture of peace after what happened a short time after I myself sent in my correctly filled out Census card on time. Three thugs from the U.S. Census Bureau Regional Office in Atlanta flooded my phone with messages about a question they had about an answer on my Census card. I had correctly stated that I was the only one living here, ever. They mocked all Catholic priests and the entire Catholic Church by saying (and repeating multiple times) that since this was a Catholic rectory, therefore it must be that I am keeping women and children here. Just. Wow. What does that mean? Human trafficking? Illegal immigration? Prostitution? Abuse? Just. Wow. You know, precisely and only because it is Catholic. All these thugs and buffoons should go to prison. What they are doing is felonious.
And don’t get me started on the American Community Survey which this year is heavily pushing gender theory, identity politics, same sex marriage, promiscuity, and, it seems to me, much worse.
This crowd couldn’t care less about religion or sexual perversion or inversions or whatever. No. What is so hotly desired is that consciences be compromised. Once you rip out the conscience of an individual, you own their soul. They will be compliant with whatever agenda no matter how anti-religious, no matter how anti-American.
They send an award for my cooperation. Did I cooperate? Actually, I did. I dare say I went along with the program more than anyone else by explaining my disgust. They also appreciate that very much. They dismiss my viewpoints, thinking they will win conscience and soul in the end. What they don’t realize, however much they congratulate themselves for having gone to Jesuit universities, is that Jesus will win in the end. No one will rip the faith out of His little flock. And He, Jesus, will come to judge the living and the dead and world by fire. Yes, He will. And not even these thugs and buffoons who think they are so powerful will be able to avoid that judgment. I hope they go along with the grace Jesus does provide them to repent and be forgiven and be saved. Amen.
P.S. Oh, I forgot! They are surely judging how many people live in this rectory by way of tracking credit cards and seeing the huge amount of food I buy. Pfft! I do that on my own personal credit card, buying groceries for the elderly Covid-19 comorbidity crowd. Does the Census Bureau hate me and all religion for acts of charity? Pfft. These guys and gals in the Census Bureau are more monstrous than I thought.
Thank you, Mother Teresa, for standing up for the least of the brethren in the womb, for standing up for Jesus who said, What you have done to the least of these you have done to me.
Then there’s the monster POTUS Joe Biden, who hasn’t gotten the message fully 25 years later. For Wuhan Joe, no babies in the womb are our fellow human beings. Get a barf bucket ready…
Some say it looks like a poop emoji. There are dozens of conjectures about what it looks like, but I’ll tell you this, unbelievably not even one description that I saw mentioned the famed tower of babel. Most were ziggurats back in the day were stepped pyramids, as in Jacob’s ladder, upon which the Babylonian gods were to descend and ascend, with a meeting of the twain at the top. There is a somewhat anomalous if much more famous twisted version to be seen in Iraq, but it is tiny, mostly destroyed, just pitiful, nothing like the more famous painting.
We recall the account in Genesis 11:3-9:
- They said to one another, “Come, let us mold bricks and harden them with fire.” They used bricks for stone, and bitumen for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky, and so make a name for ourselves; otherwise we shall be scattered all over the earth.” The LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men had built. Then the LORD said: “If now, while they are one people, all speaking the same language, they have started to do this, nothing will later stop them from doing whatever they presume to do. Let us then go down and there confuse their language, so that one will not understand what another says.” Thus the LORD scattered them from there all over the earth, and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel, because there the LORD confused the speech of all the world. It was from that place that he scattered them all over the earth.
There is plenty of vocabulary and literary devices going on in there which recall Genesis 2:4a–3:24, wherein we read about original sin and the disarray in the spirit of man, his dumbed down communication because of being so narcissistically concerned with himself as cut off from others.
There’s a lesson to be had here. Unless there is a recognition of the fallen state of man and the need for redemption wrought in God’s justice, that is, the Son of the Mother of the Redeemer in Genesis 3:15 who will stand in our place, the Innocent for the guilty… unless there is honesty about and repentance from our specious motives, any attempt on our part to control the world through manipulation will only end in further division, further chaos, further misery, until we are brought so low that we will call out no longer to the Tower of Babel narcissists, but to God.
But we are putting God to death. God speaks eloquently from the silence of the tomb. And then He rises from the dead and is present to His little flock, God who is Love, Living Truth.
We are not united by draconian censorship and identity politics (making a name for ourselves). We are not united by being in fear of a totalitarian Police State. We are united by Jesus who is the Way, the Truth and the Life, all with the freedom of the children of God.
But to say that God loved the world so much as to send His Son to redeem us is now considered hate speech and subversion, sedition, treason. To say that our identity is to be found in God is makes one liable to be attacked by marauding bands of anarchists who insist that only their lives matter.
When Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio was first presented to the world as Pope Francis, when pretty much all the more “traditional” Catholics condemned him so severely that one was condemned for asking for prayers for him, I nevertheless insisted that to be a good son of the Church I must pray for him, also at Holy Mass. But what I call the ultra-tradition-al-ism-ist began a cancel campaign for anyone promoting, say, this prayer:
V. Oremus pro Pontifice nostro N.
R. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum eius. [Ps 40:3]
Pater Noster… Ave Maria…
Deus, omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum N., quem pastorem Ecclesiae tuae praeesse voluisti, propitius respice: da ei, quaesumus, verbo et exemplo, quibus praeest, proficere: ut ad vitam, una cum grege sibi credito, perveniat sempiternam. Per Christum, Dominum nostrum. Amen.
The ultramontane heresy of the ultra-tradition-al-ism-ists is that the Pope must be immaculately conceived and is not ever to have personally sinned, so that he has no need of our prayers and no need of Christ Jesus to be his Savior. Because that is not the case (ever), the ultra-tradition-al-ism-ists went all apoplectic in their heresy of ultamontinism and continued in condemning him to the point of condemning those who prayed for him. Too sad. We will all stand before Him whom we have all pierced, all of us, men of every tribe and race and people and nation. What’s there not to understand with this. We pray for the Pope as we pray for each other.
- “Father George, you don’t understand. If you pray for Pope Francis that means that you agree with everything he says no matter what and you’re going to go to hell just like him because we said so and everything!
Sigh. Remember Peter, who denied our Lord three times and only later became Saint Peter? I’m guessing that he was martyred because Divine Jesus’ good mom, the Immaculate Virgin, prayed for him, already then assumed to heaven soul and body, Queen of heaven and earth, angels and men. We follow her lead. Get it?
But what about praying the likes of the present POTUS Joe Biden, the most anti-Catholic pro-abort ever? Saint Peter himself has something to say about that (1 Peter 2:11-17):
- “Beloved, I urge you as aliens and sojourners to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against the soul. Maintain good conduct among the Gentiles, so that if they speak of you as evildoers, they may observe your good works and glorify God on the day of visitation. Be subject to every human institution for the Lord’s sake, whether it be to the king as supreme or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the approval of those who do good. For it is the will of God that by doing good you may silence the ignorance of foolish people. Be free, yet without using freedom as a pretext for evil, but as slaves of God. Give honor to all, love the community, fear God, honor the king.”
A generation later, in the Letter to Diognetus, from waaaaaaaay back in the day, like the end of the first or beginning of the second century, addressed to the early Christians, all Catholic, of course, we read this:
- “For the Christians are distinguished from other men neither by country, nor language, nor the customs which they observe. For they neither inhabit cities of their own, nor employ a peculiar form of speech, nor lead a life which is marked out by any singularity. The course of conduct which they follow has not been devised by any speculation or deliberation of inquisitive men; nor do they, like some, proclaim themselves the advocates of any merely human doctrines. But, inhabiting Greek as well as barbarian cities, according as the lot of each of them has determined, and following the customs of the natives in respect to clothing, food, and the rest of their ordinary conduct, they display to us their wonderful and confessedly striking method of life. They dwell in their own countries, but simply as sojourners. As citizens, they share in all things with others, and yet endure all things as if foreigners. Every foreign land is to them as their native country, and every land of their birth as a land of strangers. They marry, as do all [others]; they beget children; but they do not destroy their offspring. They have a common table, but not a common bed. They are in the flesh, but they do not live after the flesh. 2 Corinthians 10:3 They pass their days on earth, but they are citizens of heaven. Philippians 3:20 They obey the prescribed laws, and at the same time surpass the laws by their lives. They love all men, and are persecuted by all. They are unknown and condemned; they are put to death, and restored to life. 2 Corinthians 6:9 They are poor, yet make many rich; 2 Corinthians 6:10 they are in lack of all things, and yet abound in all; they are dishonored, and yet in their very dishonor are glorified. They are evil spoken of, and yet are justified; they are reviled, and bless; 2 Corinthians 4:12 they are insulted, and repay the insult with honor; they do good, yet are punished as evil-doers. When punished, they rejoice as if quickened into life; they are assailed by the Jews as foreigners, and are persecuted by the Greeks; yet those who hate them are unable to assign any reason for their hatred. /// To sum up all in one word — what the soul is in the body, Christians are in the world. The soul is dispersed through all the members of the body, and Christians are scattered through all the cities of the world. The soul dwells in the body, yet is not of the body; and Christians dwell in the world, yet are not of the world. The invisible soul is guarded by the visible body, and Christians are known indeed to be in the world, but their godliness remains invisible. The flesh hates the soul, and wars against it, 1 Peter 2:11 though itself suffering no injury, because it is prevented from enjoying pleasures; the world also hates the Christians, though in nowise injured, because they abjure pleasures. The soul loves the flesh that hates it, and [loves also] the members; Christians likewise love those that hate them. The soul is imprisoned in the body, yet keeps together that very body; and Christians are confined in the world as in a prison, and yet they keep together the world. The immortal soul dwells in a mortal tabernacle; and Christians dwell as sojourners in corruptible [bodies], looking for an incorruptible dwelling in the heavens. The soul, when but ill-provided with food and drink, becomes better; in like manner, the Christians, though subjected day by day to punishment, increase the more in number. God has assigned them this illustrious position, which it were unlawful for them to forsake.”
/// UPDATE: So after weeks of having gone missing, the American Flag is back up, coincidentally just hours after my having put up this post. :-) ///
Someone has been removing the American Flags from the town properties. I noticed many times the empty flagpole pictured above after 6 January 2021 and before the inauguration on 20 January 2021. I was waiting for it to be replaced. No one would take down the flag to destroy it in this town, surely.
I have some history with the particular flag that was here. My neighbor purchased it himself because the town had just let the other one rot away. The town flag that rotted out was a 3’x5′ flag. My neighbor replaced it with a 8’x12′ high quality outdoor heavily stitched flag. I helped him hoist this one up a while back, and then later, on one of patriotic days on the calendar, I had brought it down to half mast in the morning and put her up once again at 12:00 Noon, as required to honor our fallen veterans. This flag, topping up the highest point in town, the town’s memorial to our fallen veterans, had a special significance since it was very much emphasizing our local fallen veterans.
In the past this blog has sported many posts on the American Flag. This post has consistently been visited ever since going up some years ago:
That happened just over the mountain from Andrews, up in Graham County.
Back to the town flags. The large flag mentioned up top of this post disappeared. But there’s another American flag in another town park, next to train tracks, down from the gazebo. It was quite a bit smaller. It taken down and simply tossed over some bushes. It’s been put back up by patriots. But the trashing of this flag may indicate that the larger flag was kept for desecration in an upcoming protest.
There are a number of other town flags, down by the highway, next to a largely abandoned strip mall, etc. We’ll see what happens to those. So far, no one has stolen the flags on my street. There are plenty. And there are many others round about, also with flag poles put up at quite an expense to the owners.
Those who have flags displayed around the town year round all have stories, mostly Army, including 82nd and 101st Airborne and others, including Navy, the USMC, Airforce… the usual, though no Space Force, yet. There are almost uncountable guys and gals retired out of careers on some kind of Intel, either military intel or other agencies and institutes, not to mention contractors galore. I couldn’t point to any who are not very much involved in service of the local community in a myriad ways, such as being at the top of their game as EMTs, such as risking their lives as firemen.
Apparently we are now back to the Dem days of past administrations when all veterans, all police, all active duty military and National Guardsmen were suspected to be… terrorists. Stunning. But now it’s worse.
This country does have its problems. We have a fallen human nature that people will follow up on. Of course there are going to be problems. But this is the fatherland we have, the patria, whence we have the virtue of patriotism, giving due honor to one’s country. This is not some sort of bad and evil and malicious nationalism of the sort which plays identity politics. No. This is the nationalism of a family. We help each other strive for excellence, for what is best for everyone while never letting go of what is good for the individual: not the mob-rule of the wildly fake “democracy” of dictator Dems, but the good of a Constitutional Republic with the Rule of Law (which is to be the same for everyone equally), which recognizes unalienable God-given rights, and three diverse branches of government.
Why, you might ask, do I make such a big deal of the flag and patriotism? Because if the Constitution is destroyed, if the Rule of Law becomes a merely a jackbooted power play, the very first right to be smashed into the pavement will be the free exercise of religion.
Why, you might ask, do I care? After all, as a priest I should know of the superabundance of martyrs throughout the centuries and today and that I cannot expect that we should somehow be exempt where we happen to live. Indeed. Jesus said: “As the Master so the disciple.”
My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready.
No, really, you gotta watch the whole thing. Follow into the crescendo. Just a few minutes. It’s like you can see the fiery Holy Spirit. YES!!!
This priest IS the prophet Nathan thundering against King David (Biden):
“YOU ARE THE MAN!”
Who is this guy and where? I so want to reach out to him to thank him, bless him, encourage him.
Update: whenever I myself want a bit of encouragement, I’ll listen to this.
PS: As Father said, we want Joe to convert.
PS: I’m listening to this again… ;-)
PS: Full confession: I’m listening to this yet again! I love it! Thank you, Father.
The following was King David’s response. We pray that Joe Biden will follow.
[Psalm 51:1 For the leader. A psalm of David, 2 when Nathan the prophet came to him after his affair with Bathsheba.]
Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness; in your abundant compassion blot out my offense. Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me. For I know my offense; my sin is always before me. Against you alone have I sinned; I have done such evil in your sight That you are just in your sentence, blameless when you condemn.
True, I was born guilty, a sinner, even as my mother conceived me. Still, you insist on sincerity of heart; in my inmost being teach me wisdom. Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure; wash me, make me whiter than snow. Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Turn away your face from my sins; blot out all my guilt. A clean heart create for me, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit. Do not drive me from your presence, nor take from me your holy spirit. Restore my joy in your salvation; sustain in me a willing spirit. I will teach the wicked your ways, that sinners may return to you….
Biden wants to get rid of conscience protections and free exercise of religion exceptions to the Department of Health and Human Services abortifacient insurance mandate. Not only will groups like the Little Sisters of the Poor be obliged to provide coverage for contraception, abortifacient drugs, and sterilizations under their health care plans, but also celibate Catholic priests.
Imagine that. Say I don’t comply by forcing ecclesiastical superiors to remove me from their insurance provision which will very likely comply with the HHS mandate that was stripped of conscience protections. The response might perhaps be that I would then be judged to be a liability for them if I didn’t have insurance. They would encourage me to go get my own insurance if I could find one that wouldn’t sponsor immoral practices hahaha.
What are my options here?
“Communism will never be conquered, it must be converted.”
There are useless arguments as to whether or not we have prayed enough so that the bishops in unison with Saint John Paul II consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Useless! Why?
Right now, we are to pray the Rosary and make Eucharistic Reparation so that our Bishops today, including and in unison with Pope Francis, can for the first time or second time, specifically consecrate Russian to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. That would be good, would it not?
- “That’s not possible Father George! That’s a tall order you got there. Do you really think the Archbishop of Washington is going to do this while he is given our Eucharistic Jesus to the most anti-Catholic president in the history of these USA?”
Ah yes… despair and cynicism… Jesus said: “Nothing is impossible with God.”
“Criminalizing oppositional ideology…” “Deprogramming…” NOT the America in which I grew up.
When “oppositional ideology” is Sacred Scripture, Natural Law, the Ten Commandments, we’re all dead. I’ve been in some 26 countries, some of them Marxist. I’ve seen this before. People tortured. Imprisoned. Killed. All because of simply not subscribing to atheistic dialectical materialism.
When those who have power prioritize destruction of conscience by way of the imposition of abortion, abortifacients, infanticide, euthanasia, the imprisonment of political prisoners, the outlawing of the free exercise of religion… then we’re all dead. People with no conscience are easily controlled. This is social engineering that looks upon you as a useful cog in the machine, until you’re not. Then you’re taken out.
But who is the “domestic terrorist”? Is it a believing Catholic. Yes, now that’s true.
- C’mon man…. There’s gotta be something more to confirm that someone is a domestic terrorist.
Enter George W******* from Blacksburg, Virginia, who dropped a comment on the recent post of this blog that re-published President Trumps proclamation that 22 January is to be National Pro-Life Day. That comment promoted “***”, a social media platform which is extremely heavily criticized as being a pro-domestic-terrorist site. In other words, if I approve that comment, then I agree with domestic terrorism.
Well, George W******* knows full well that I have written at length against true racism and against any form of terrorism a multitude of times. George W******* is simply a Biden operative getting those who disagree civilly with Biden’s atheistic anti-Catholic policies to look like they are domestic terrorists. After all, if someone disagrees and belongs to that social media platform, that surely counts as a conviction of domestic terrorism, making that person identifiable as an ISIS operative who instead is simply upholding a Constitutional Republic that promotes God-given unalienable rights with the Rule of Law. And that makes me and about 300,000,000 million Americans targets of extrajudicial execution.
Ex-CIA Director and Islamicist John Brennan likened, say, Libertarians, to “religious extremists, authoritarians, fascists, bigots, racists, [and] nativists”. He’s the darling of the Dems. Worse than Libertarians are, of course, Republicans, or even worse, “Independent”, because, you know… why are they hiding?
- When the government is entirely paranoid of its own population, that government is no longer for, of and by the people, by definition.
- The very same people who promote “Defund the Police” insist on having a Police State when they are in power. A Police State is one in which enforcement of the governing party’s policies is the only policy of those enforcing enforcement.