But when did that happen? I recall MASH’s Radar explaining the International Date Line to Henry. Was it today, yesterday, tomorrow?
- Radar: Ooh, you wanted to make that phone call to your wife.
- Henry: Oh, right, right. Now, let’s see, Radar. We’re a day ahead plus 14 hours, right?
- Radar: No, sir. The States are a day ahead plus 14 hours.
- Henry: Well, then, it’s yesterday in Bloomington?
- Radar: Yes, sir.
- Henry: Well, then, I should have called her yesterday.
- Radar: Well, you didn’t even know about it then.
- Henry: Why can’t everybody be on the same time?
- Radar: Because the Earth is round, keeps rotating all the time.
- Henry: Oh. I thought it was just an army thing.
I only add some humor with the epic saga of the great Pornchai Maximillian Moontri because – thanks be to God – Max has not lost his sense of humor after all the hell he’s been through. I know that as I’ve been speaking with Father Gordon about the progress of Max around the world. Take a look:
Meanwhile, we remember Book 11 of the Confessions of Saint Augustine, in which he spoke of how time separates us one from another as the future which is now present is already past. Augustine offers the solution with Him who draws all time to Himself when He is lifted up on the Cross: It is Divine Mercy which reaches through time and space and makes us all members of the Mystical Body of Christ.
Anyway, as I publish this, Father Gordon and Max are on the phone at the same time, not having to wait for a delay of hours or days either way.