Fire-dog, called such because of his blazing orange color, is a name which just didn’t work for me. Since he looks exactly like Laudie-dog (female name with “-ie”), he’s now officially Laudy-dog (male name with “-y”). Even on his rabies tag.
Before the trip to the vet:
- He’s been able to lie down once again without taking hours to do this.
- I’ve never seen him sit, but that’s coming I’m sure. The Vet mentioned seeing him sitting.
- He’s gone from not eating at all, to eating one hand-fed kibble, to eating without being hand-fed.
- He’s happier to go in and out of the house without this being an end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it event.
- He has no more nightmares.
- When he goes number two, he would scream. That’s going away.
The result from the visit to the Vet is that he has no heart worms, no whip worms, no ring worms, and he’s got all his shots for distemper/etc and rabbies.
The Vet examined the tail-thing that going on, and it seems he might have a dislocated tail, perhaps hit by a car, perhaps, you know… But I’m told that will very likely heal on its own in another week or two. All good.
He’s calming down after whatever trauma he went through, confident now that he’s not going to get hit or kicked or smashed down. He’s learning to assert himself.
Adopting a dog is good. Getting adopted by a dog is really cool.