Tag Archives: Priesthood
Coalition for Canceled Priests – The opportunity to purchase property has been given to the Coalition. They are entrusting this to St. Joseph and if this is the will of God they know that the proper donors will come forward. This property will be a place for canceled priests to live, go on retreat, and be a place of spiritual rest. email@example.com – Fr. John P. Lovell
It’s like every day that I hear of another (arch)diocese where un-“vaccinated” priests are being smashed down and cancelled, forbidden to provide the Sacraments to the Lord’s Little Flock. This is full-on atheistic communism. Priests were being cancelled before this “crisis” for all sorts of reasons, like just being honest to goodness believers.
Meanwhile, for over 27 years as of this writing, one of the most ultra-super-cancelled priests I know is Father Gordon MacRae, who singlehandedly tried to stop the abuse-crisis the way it has played out until this day with the bishops saying “We’ll pay settlements without any question, with no due process for the priest, as long as we bishop-friends of McCarrick are considered heroes!” He’s a priest after our Lord’s own Heart.
Sent in by a reader. Thank you. Brilliant. Exactly.
As I’ve always said, and excuse my “French”, the main job of the priest is get his own hell out of the way so that he might be given over to manifesting the priesthood of the One and Only Priest, Christ Jesus. That’s all the priest has to do, get his own hell out of the way, doing this by Confession and prayer and doing what he’s supposed to do according to Christ Jesus and His Church, regardless of any disgruntlement of secular or even religious authorities who act ultra vires (beyond their powers) in their promotion of abortion (collecting monies for abortion programs), abortion tainted vaccines, promotion of the “vision of Pope Francis” regardless of idol worship, encouragement of alphabet sex, etc. The priest is not to compromise, not ever. Jesus will take care of His being a priest, even though the priest has enemies in the episcopacy and among his fellow priests.
- “But Father George! Father George! You don’t sound very happy as a priest! Maybe you should be one of those married priests, Father George!”
This is perhaps too much a secret. All priests are married to the Church through their daily repeated wedding vows every time they say Holy Mass, acting in Persona Christi: This is my body given for you in Sacrifice, my blood poured out for you in Sacrifice, for the many, for the forgiveness of sin.
Also, about happiness in the priesthood. This happiness is occasioned by not compromising, then, of course, getting smashed down, but then watching the One High Priest go to work. I’ve seen it so many times in my own priesthood. It’s really quite exhilarating, making one laugh out loud however serious the circumstances. As the Master so the disciple doesn’t only refer to the joy of remaining steadfast in times of trial and tribulation (and that is a great joy), but also to that which Christ Jesus referred when He spoke of the subsequent blessedness of those who stood by Him in His trials: “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful. […] Enter into the joy of your master!”
I’m forever wanting to go to heaven. That’s not presumption, but the hope we must have. One of the many rocks I received with various of my oft-repeated sayings:
Today, Tuesday, is my anniversary. But all the partying was all on Sunday after the last Holy Mass, before Communion Calls. But beforehand, earlier in the day:
Criminals are pretty sloppy. In the still of the video above, we see that this guy has his trigger finger on the trigger. Let’s take another screen shot, one of at least a dozen that could be taken:
Judging that the body-cam is on the right side of the cop, the perp is taking direct aim at the head of the cop. As the video proceeds the cop has any number of occasions by which he would not have a risk of hurting someone else because of a pass-through bullet going into the window of a building, but, he didn’t take the opportunity to take the brain-box shot and drop Mr Perpy like a sack of potatoes. That puts fellow responding officers and other citizens at risk.
Why a brain-box shot? Because shooting at his feet is only going to make this guy pull the trigger and your cop is dead, that’s why. It’s called ending the threat. You don’t intend the guy to die, just to stop the threat. Sometimes quick action is needed more in some circumstances than others. This is one of those times. Not two to the spinal cord and perhaps one to the brainbox but one to the brainbox and perhaps two to the spinal cord. It’s called immediately necessary self-defense. It’s called protect and serve.
Having said that, just so you know what I’m exactly talking about, let me tell you a story. I know the Sheriff in another county (and he personally told me this story) who did up a foot-chase of a perpy guy who was continuously shooting at the Sheriff. But the Sheriff did not respond in kind, just ran after him. Finally tackling the perpy guy, cuffing him, the Sheriff threw the perpy guy in jail. He “read” the perpy guy correctly, that Mr Perpy guy was doing up a suicide by cop, and that the shots the perpy guy fired were so wild that the perpy guy couldn’t possibly have wanted to hurt the Sheriff. The perpy guy, after a year in jail, confessed as much after requesting a jail-meeting with the Sheriff, thanking the Sheriff for not shooting him. But the guy in the lead video up top is not like that. He’s just really confident over someone whom he calls a rooky cop, and knows he has an easy mocking event to feed his adrenaline needs. Regardless of his motivations, his sloppy gun work is too sloppy, mortally dangerously so. No one got hurt in the video up top, but that’s beside the point. This exaggeration in not participating in self-defense, in not participating in protect and serve, is what gets officers killed, what endangers the whole community.
Say some fabulous ecclesiastic is trolling believers by hotly desiring they do up some demon idol worship glorifying the sacrifice of children, you know, like with anything Pachamama.
Should the faithful member of the Lord’s Little Flock just be a doormat, not say anything, pretend that it’s not his place, that he has to be a man of consensus because that’s the super-dogma of tyranny for which he was ordained and nobody is daring to say anything and it’s expected he shut his face as well and…?
If some fraudulent ecclesiastic is publicly scandalizing the Lord’s Little Flock, that son of Satan, that squirmy serpentine brood of Satan, that white-washed-tomb full of filth and dead men’s bones, that hypocrite who is trying to make proselytes unto Satan twice as bad as themselves, that freakoid is to be called out, publicly, and rightly so.
These are Jesus’ trials when His little ones are being scandalized. What you have done or not done to the least of these you have done to me, says the Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception, the Divine Logos of the Father now Incarnate, with the wounds still upon Him, He who will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. Though I am always the most grievous sinner if I am not in grace, I do rejoice in the forgiveness of the Lord, in absolution in Sacramental Confession (if we can even find it anymore). I do have hope of finally getting to heaven. I want to go to heaven, blessed by Jesus. I’m sure that’s the case for all y’all as well. I’m not so sure that’s the case for those fabulous ecclesiastics who forbid priests to grant absolution or provide Last Rites just because those priests don’t have proof of “vaccine” status.
Oh, and what’s the “head shot” dropping such ecclesiastics like a sack of potatoes? The Hail Mary prayer of course. And just to be infantile, as I am, let’s do that in Latin:
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.
Oh, and stopping the threat involves ending the scandal by publicly reprimanding the perpy guys, those ecclesiastics who have taken the side of Satan, not of Jesus Christ. We must protect Jesus’ Little Flock. We must not run. We must stand with Jesus.
- “But Jesus is gonna, like, get ripped to shreds,” they say.
- My response: “And? So? Stay with Jesus. And go to Confession. And pray a Rosary.”
That’s great. But I would not want to use their funds. I would want to leave that for someone more needy that I if I were ever to get cancelled by say, a replacement bishop if our bishop should become an archbishop somewhere else. But I’m happy they are set to help those being smacked down because they want to continue with the Ancient Rite, because they won’t get jabbed, because they won’t worship Pachamama, because they won’t bless homosexualist civil unions, and, of course, just because, because those who would cancel a priest for such reasons always do so for petty reasons, like using church bulletins to advertise Mass times in the Ancient Rite. There is no way to escape those who are petty. They have power and they feel the POWER! It is to laugh if it weren’t so sad.
The henchmen of Pope Francis, all really very nice people, incredibly nice – so nice that it’s overwhelming: nice nice nice nice nice!!! – these henchmen claim that they own The Bridge, Christ Jesus, The Bridge between heaven and earth, and claim that they own The Pontifex, Christ Jesus, The Bridge Builder, who rightly called Himself The Way, and even claim that the Sacrifice of the Mass, the Last Supper united with Calvary, is not an expression whatsoever of the Roman Rite [absolutely a statement of its invalidity in their eyes]… these henchmen of Pope Francis feel entitled with all their claims to drive all over the Way they claim they own, feel entitled not to pay attention to anyone on The Bridge, feel entitled to smash into anyone in their way, feel entitled to FEEL THE POWER, these henchmen of Pope Francis, I say, are, instead, similar to the gnat-like idiot-car in the video above coming up against a real vehicle, you know, the TLM. Guess who wins in the end? See the video above. Rather humorous, really.
Anyway, here’s the deal: I’m a priest and I’m actually extremely busy doing priest-stuff, providing people the sacraments and the benefit of the sacramentals. I had an exhaustive day yesterday (18 December, 2021) sprinting about in multiple counties, getting groceries for the elderly, multiple sessions of Confessions, Holy Mass, lots of sacramental work altogether. I dropped after getting home from the church late at night…
So, I’m so very sorry. I apologize. I didn’t get a chance to begin to start to study any official statements from the CDW or any chance after that would-be study to begin to start to consider any official statements from the CDW. But I did play some YouTube commentaries about the CDW aggression over the blue-tooth speakers of Sassy the Subaru while I raced about all over WNC. My listening was often cut because of being out of WiFi range in the back ridges of these Blue Ridge, Smoky Mountains. So, what the CDW did, whatever that is, is all a rumor to me right now.
If there is any truth to the commentary, what the CDW has done is to make for a head-on collision with the letter I received from my bishop just yesterday. He sent it before the CDW statement was unleashed to the world over the internet. My bishop’s letter was annulled by the CDW even before he sent it. Obviously, the bishops were not consulted by the CDW.
If there is any truth to the commentary, I have plenty of questions, particularly about the CDW annulling the universal law of the Church (Canon Law), stomping on the rights of priests regarding the Holy Sacrifice, that is, without this smackdown being approved in forma specifica by the Holy Father. I have heard of plenty of cases over many decades in the past where this lack of specific approval to individual points annulled the legal force of whatever idiotic decree, especially draconian life-long penalties. I’m no Canon lawyer, but something seems rotten somewhere. We need some honest Canon lawyer. And I don’t just mean a traddy. Too many “traditionalists” are mere panderers. We’ve seen that recently. Way too many. They go on something like this: “Yes, well, it’s not approved quite exactly correctly but we don’t want to talk about that because we want to be nice and maybe they’ll be nice to us in return so I won’t really give you honest legal commentary but hide the truth from ye all, you know, to be nice.” I don’t want that. This is too important. Just the facts. True men of Tradition are NOT afraid to speak the facts. True men of Tradition don’t play politics with the Sacrifice of the Mass. I think Taylor Marshall’s term for this is fake-traddies playing “patty-cake” with the enemies of the Church. Brutal, but true.
Also, if the commentary has any truth to it, what was done seems maliciously set on purposely causing a situation that can be called “odious.” That’s a technical term, actually. If some bit of disciplinary legislation even from the supreme legislator (the Pope) is odious to the faithful (and I will ask the faithful over the next couple of weeks), then the bishop has full rights to exercise Canon 87 in favor of the salvation of souls. But the bishops have to be up to the task for the sake of the salvation of souls. That’s what the Church is supposed to be all about, right? The. Salvation. Of. Souls. In the video above, what this would mean is that our friend in the truck would just push the idiot-car right off The Bridge altogether and keep moving. Canon 87. But, of course, it is already threatened that there will another idiot-car, and another, annoying, but perhaps effective when there are dozens of idiot-cars, thousands, millions… But…
But… No. That’s when the truck revs up a bit. I’m sure you understand the analogy. Christ Jesus and His Sacrifice will not be killed off a second time. Jesus, once risen from the dead, will never die again.
I think I have too much fun. It’s just that I already know that Christ Jesus, Divine Son of the Immaculate Conception, Divine Son of our dearest, dearest Mother, has conquered. And He will come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire, judge those who are occupied with the cura animarum, who are tasked with the salvation of souls, who are tasked with not insulting the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Today, I will have no time to read anything from the CDW. I’m literally sprinting from now until nightfall with actual priestly things to do: Adoration, Confessions, Masses, Communion Calls, Last Rites, over multiple counties, in multiple churches, in people’s homes, in nursing homes…
Also, I refuse to have my joy in Christ Jesus dragged down by anyone, much less anyone who is set on insulting the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, who is set on insulting Christ’s own priests. Is that what they are doing? Eventually in these next weeks I’ll be able to read what the CDW has written, I guess, somewhere on the internet.
But lemme tell you: Christ Jesus, the High Priest, takes note when His Sacrifice is smacked down, and when His own priests are smacked down by those who should know better. Sure, His priests might be thrown into dumpsters all around the world, but then they get to go to heaven. Jesus always wins. Again, I refuse to have my joy in Christ Jesus dragged down by anyone.
BTW: It seems to me that when it comes to Holy Mass, anything that is done is done within an ecumenical Council, not by way of rumors on the internet. When does all this take effect? Now? When the Acts of the Apostolic See are published? The CDW has already amended the 16 July 2021 motu proprio of Pope Francis. Who’s the legislator? What is this legislation? What?
Meanwhile, I’ll be doing my best to run away from the fake-liturgical-police:
The one thing the haters don’t have at all is humor. They are joyless, odious. That cannot be the case with those who remain with the Sacrifice of Jesus. No. Let us retain our joy in the Holy Spirit. Jesus has conquered. Let’s stand with Him in His trials. Let’s hear with great joy from the Eternal Judge: “Enter into the joy…”
That would be right. Catholic Social Services of Australia has this guy, Francis Sullivan, shoving vax needles into arms, regardless of their direct connection with abortion in research and/or development and/or testing. This layman is busy attacking a great young priest in Australia, pastor of a smallish parish in the distant outback. That priest was in some of my classes in the major seminary in which I taught. Proud of him. Great! There are great priests all around, who are not willing to compromise, who thank Jesus for coming into this world, firstly, for nine months, in the womb of the Immaculate Conception.
And that stated rebellion earns me not just a weekly $14,000.00 fine, but about $140,000.00 in fines come January 4, 2022. I have sincerely held religious objections. I have a medical exemption. I have super strong natural immunity. No one cares about that. Not being able to pay the fines, looks like jail for me. Unless one uses one’s brain.
- “Just lie about it, Father George!”
No. I’m not going to lie. I will stand with my flock, whoever that is, wherever that person is. I’ll take the consequences. Besides, I don’t want a $10,000.00 fine and six months in prison, which is the penalty for lying. And then you’ll get the other fines anyway.
- “Just wear a mask and get tested, Father George! Don’t be so dramatic!”
I’m not ever going to wear a mask while I pronounce the words of consecration at Holy Mass. Guaranteed. This is a big deal, actually. Other examples of breath include Jesus breathing on the apostles so that they might receive the Holy Spirit to forgive sins. Or how about the early rites of exorcism in which breathing on a subject was part of the rite?
- “But just wear the mask to get tested, Father George! Come on, man! You know, the Thing!”
I’ll be betrayed by some self-righteous Catholic coming to one of my Masses from around the USA. Most visitors are super Catholic, but some freak out about social distancing and masks and such. One threatened to write all sorts of letter to any powers that be to complain that I breathed on the Hosts at the altar because I was standing there with no mask.
Anyway, I wonder how testing once or twice weekly is going to work out with really a lot of people all of sudden needing tests and people spending all day at testing sites. Whose not going to get fired for that?
- “But you just can’t quit the priesthood, Father George! Don’t be a quitter! Get with the program! You’re racist if you don’t!”
I’m not asking to be “laicized” or suspended from the sacraments. God forbid! No. If the Diocese is going to comply – illegally, actually – with Joe Biden’s anti-Constitution mandate, what I will ask for is that my salary be taken away, and that whatever is considered to be part of that salary is also removed, including the right to live in a rectory, any perks like a car allowance. In effect, it would be like getting “fired” from secular employment. Meanwhile, I would still volunteer to provide the sacraments and Mass in the parish. In this way, the Diocese wouldn’t be liable for me. Here’s the fact: Joe Biden isn’t going to be president forever, right? So, I’ll financially take a hit. Big deal. I’ll keep my conscience intact. Why be a priest if I can’t keep my conscience intact.
As I write this, the Biden mandate has been “stayed” by a judge… for Texas only. Good news. But Joey couldn’t care less about the Constitution or any sort of rule of law anyway. And, it seems to me, neither does SCOTUS. And, this is done under emergency powers. SCOTUS is going to be mighty hesitant to mess with that.
And this priest is Canadian, where to say such things will likely get him removed from the priesthood as the bishops kowtow to the powers that be. “He’s an embarrassment!” they will say. “We can’t have that kind of thing going on here!” they will say. God bless you, dearest Father. You set a good example.
There are those who play chess and those who play chess, if you know what I mean.
I play chess, serious chess, though, sorry, never much had the opportunity with the board game… But I am content with playing chess for real, with chariots of the Castelli or catastrophe, with bishops bonafide or bellowing, with knights noble or nothing, with The King and The Queen or mere imposters, with foot soldiers street wise as peons or pusillanimous.
Jesus played the baiting game all the time. We see it everywhere in the Gospels. He’s more clever than any serpent and more innocent than any dove. But chess He does play, especially with religious leaders: bait! bait! bait!
Jesus goes way out of His way to force, coerce, require the ecclesiastics of the day to kill Him and show themselves for who they are, this possibly being an occasion for them to convert, you know, like the soldier who thrust his sword into the side of Jesus to make sure He was dead, only to convert on the spot: “Truly this was the Son of God.”
There’s a temptation in the priesthood, to be sure, to be sycophantic to the powers that be, you know, to take the easy road of being nothing at all, mere “men of consensus”. What a boring life of rationalization of sin, mind games with Satan. What’s the next doctrine or moral law to twist into its opposite? What’s the next way to insult the Living God?
Much better to be with Jesus. No compromise. Ever. Only goodness, kindness, TRUTH. And the truth is that God’s truth, God being Truth, is certainly goodness and kindness. But all of that demands the Commandments to be followed, with actual respect for self and others and God.
Are there those who don’t get it yet, any ecclesiastics out there who hate God and neighbor, who hate the Sacrifice of the Mass?
Let’s see, let me count the ways, then, how NOT to be a man of consensus…
Last Rites from an unvaxed priest! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look!
- “Last Rites given by an unvaxed priest! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Super-Troublemaker! Father George!”
To those who think that I do something extraordinarily heroic… sigh… all I do is jump not over tall buildings but merely into a beat-up vehicle, having an absolute blast driving through the absolutely gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains on the super-cool curvy roads of far, far Western North Carolina, North Georgia, etc., blasting through any number of parishes and (arch)dioceses and states to do what I’m supposed to do as a priest. That’s it. Nothing heroic. Nothing out of the ordinary. It’s what any priest would do, at least if they could.
Some priests are locked down, commanded by their bishops not to provide the Sacraments of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, not even Last Rites to those in the throws of death. What’s it gonna hurt the person who’s dying? What’s it gonna hurt the priest even if he catches Covid and dies? Giving the Last Rites gets both to heaven, and isn’t that what we want? We’re all gonna die. But the dying need the Last Rites and the priest must provide the Last Rites.
Even bishops sitting mightily in power denying Last Rites to their subjects will die. We priests are to ignore them as Canon Law bids us to do. And I’m not bucking any authority in all this: regardless of any jurisdiction any bishop thinks he has, when it’s a matter of someone dying on the spot any priest whomsoever has the right and duty to provide the Sacraments, even someone who is excommunicated, even if a priest in good standing is right there. And anyway, I’m in good standing with both Church and State.
By “Last Rites” I mean any number of things that can include but are not limited to rites of Confession and Anointing, also known as Extreme Unction. While Confession is expressly mentioned in Canon Law (Canon 976), I include Anointing since it covers what happens in Confession when Confession cannot otherwise be made. The supreme law is the salvation of souls, right?
To those who think that I do something criminal, being unvaxed and being with… gasp!… other people who are dying, even while I am spot-tested, enrobed, masked and gloved (but not gloved for a few seconds when I actually provide the sacraments), to those who judge me as being an old meanie for comforting the dying and sending them to heaven in their last minutes, to them I say… well, actually… I am speechless… But I’ll just keep doing what I do best, to be with the dying, to hear Confessions, to provide the Last Rites… and that’s NOT heroic, it’s just a priest being a priest.
If I myself were to die in moments, desiring the Last Rites, and some traitor (arch)bishop somewhere somehow forbade any priest to come to my assistance, and would not in any event show up himself, say, in a Covid Ward, you know, so that he could score some political points with who knows who, I would be tempted to sin with thoughts of exaggerated bitterness against him (not good, I know). That’s not the state of mind I would otherwise want when preparing to go before the Lord in just some minutes. Much better to ask the Lord for His mercy, for the forgiveness of all my terrible sins, for the grace of final perseverance in those last seconds, for the joy of going to heaven to thank Him forever.
I “confess” that in the past few days I’ve been to all sorts of hospitals in Covid overflow wards, in Covid lockdown wards, in North Carolina, in Georgia, at private homes… Again, that’s nothing heroic. It’s what all priests are supposed to do. In any other time, people wouldn’t pay one bit of attention. Nothing. But now, wrongly, it’s all, like:
- “Last Rites given by an unvaxed priest! Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Super-Troublemaker! Father George!”
But let’s talk about being unvaxed for a second. I am unvaxed. There are priests in, say, the Diocese of Lexington who are unvaxed and who are forbidden by their bishop because of that to provide the Last Rites. Does anyone ask them if they have super strong natural antibodies such that they cannot be carriers, unable to get or transmit Covid? No? Why not? What’s the political motivation behind that? Does anyone do spot tests? No? Why not? What’s the political motivation behind that? I wonder who it is who is the real criminal here…
For myself, and I’m sure for those other priests, I would, we would be happy to be considered criminals if only we could provide the Last Sacraments to the dying, because, you know, how could you not? Jesus Himself died for this. Ask His Mother. What does she tell you?
☦ (@johnamonaco) Tweeted: This past weekend, @BpStowe of Lexington made the cathedral’s deacon announce that the pastor & vicar aren’t vaccinated, that people may choose to not attend their Masses, & that these two priests are not allowed to visit the sick, the homebound, or the dying. https://t.co/vFvE4VLbYc https://twitter.com/johnamonaco/status/1437465923850547208?s=20
Talk about moral injury against the priests…
Talk about spiritual injury against laity…
If the bishop lays dying will he want the Last Rites if there is only an unvaxed priest?
Fr George, you’re not a man of consensus, a weaver of dialogue, but merely an embarrassing troublemaker: “We can’t have that kind of thing going on.”
Let’s list just a few of the things with which I am certainly discordant with the powers that be:
- You have heard that it was said that the Ancient Rite of Mass, the TLM, is not valid as the Lex orandi, the law of praying, Jesus’ Sacrifice, and therefore is not valid as a source of Lex credendi, the law of believing, and is therefore simply hurtful rubbish which must be trashed, obliterated from the face of the earth.
- But I say to you that anyone who knowingly and wittingly and willfully and freely holds that to be true is a blasphemer, a heretic, an apostate, an excommunicate.
- You have heard that it was said that idol worship, say, of murderous demon Pachamama, is just some nice weaving of dialogue and that we have to incorporate demon worship into the Sacrifice of the Mass, the Novus Ordo.
- But I say to you that anyone who worships a demon idol will become like that demon idol. See Psalm 115: 4-8 — “Their idols are merely things of silver and gold, shaped by human hands. They have mouths but cannot speak, and eyes but cannot see. They have ears but cannot hear, and noses but cannot smell. They have hands but cannot feel, and feet but cannot walk, and throats but cannot make a sound. And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them.”
- You have heard that it was said that those who do not repent, those who fully intend to sin again, say by way of adultery, are to receive the absolution that they do not want, that they are rejecting.
- But I say to you that we must recognize the moral capacity of people and power of God’s grace and then say with Jesus, having brought someone to repentance: “Go and do not sin again.” To say that all, for instance, Latinos, have no moral capacity and so must be merely accompanied in their sin is racist and an insult to Jesus.
- You have heard that it was said that same-sex marriage is not to be sanctioned, but that same-sex civilly sanctioned unions are good.
- But I say to you that this destroys the image of God, which is one male, one female, marriage and family life. Any same-sex whatever is an attack on the image of God.
- You have heard that it was said that the pro-abortion “vaccines” are necessary in charity, to protect others.
- But I say to you that the murder of children in the womb for the research and/or development and/or testing of these “vaccines” is not protecting others, but murdering others. Also, it makes those getting the “vaccine” (as with all vaccines) into super spreaders who maybe get sick less themselves or maybe die less. Murder for hire, for self-benefit, is never good, never charity, and will make you risk going to hell forever.
/// There are thousands of things which I cannot tolerate in conscience for myself, which I cannot teach others to do, regardless if it is a guy named Bergoglio or ________________ (fill in the blank) who is pushing whatever idiocy. I don’t care what abuse of authority attempts to coerce me to commit sin. I’m not going to do it.
- Do you want to take me out of active ministry, also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
- Do you want to suspend me a divinis, from offering the Sacraments and from preaching, also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
- Do you want to excommunicate me, also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
- Do you want to burn me to death at the stake, thus also hurting Jesus’ Little Flock? I feel badly for Jesus’ Little Flock, but for me, what is that punishment compared to going to heaven for eternity for having done the right thing without compromise, standing with Jesus in His trials?
Seriously, I would rather stand by Jesus in His Trials. I say that with hope that, even if I am as weak as Peter, or worse, Jesus will not abandon me:
- Luke 22:28-34 “You are those who have stood by me in my trials. And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death.” Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.”
But we must have hope!
/// Update: I got some legal advice about all this and took down this post not long after I put it up, as I realized it needed some rewriting. I’m not an attorney, so I spoke with someone with lots of legalese background. I had just a minute to do that before chasing off for many hours of pastoral work. Finally, here’s the quite entirely rewritten post: ///
OSHA, the henchman of Joe Biden, is likely to trample on exemptions claimed as medical, religious and from Natural Law (as delineated in the Constitution with caselaw precedents). Biden and OSHA would rather you die from medical contraindications and that you spiritually die by compromising with moral contraindications. Remember, big pharma murders the little ones in order to extract their living organs for research and/or development and/or testing of their “vaccines”.
Just your basic citizen, Ben Shapiro, is ready to fight this in court. Good on you, Ben.
I’m waiting for news from any (arch)diocese doing the same for… who?
- Are teachers in Catholic parochial schools regular employees of whatever (arch)diocese? I’m guessing that they are independent contractors without any serious labor union. In most places right around the world they have one year contracts. Does that change for some over time?
- Are any remunerated workers in any parish (groundskeepers, sacristans, secretaries, et al.) considered salaried workers or independent contractors?
- Are some of those working in chanceries salaried or are they all independent contractors?
- For tax purposes, priests are considered independent contractors, that is, self-employed.
So, there’s likely a wide variety of circumstances, but any (arch)diocese might want to put out some guidance or a statement of their intentions, such as a bid for a stay of execution of OSHA’s anti-Constitution overreach even while they file litigation. But I haven’t seen much of that going on, have you?
- “But Father George! You don’t understand! We have religious exemptions!”
No. You don’t. Because it hasn’t come to that, not because a declaration has been made to date as far as I know about absolutely disallowing exemptions of any kind, but because of the process.
- The mandate is already made, and OSHA is the henchman, now promising to review any kind of exemption for whatever reason, eager to claim that any such exemptions are illegitimate for any salaried personnel and all independent contractors.
- Every (arch)diocese is subject to OSHA oversight. OSHA will insist that any religious exemption for all salaried personnel and all independent contractors is fraudulent on the basis that pretty much any given (arch)bishop has promoted getting vaccines and has opened up their church campuses to be used as injection clinics. The hypocrisy would be total, and so it’s easy to call out.
- Meanwhile, there’s a $14,000 fine per incident. That might fall on any (arch)diocese for regular salaried individuals. Would an (arch)diocese attempt to dock the pay of those salaried workers, however illegally, or just outright terminate any non-vaxers?
- What about independent contractors who all have to post OSHA injury/death proclamations, whose names they have because of the regular reporting to OSHA wrought by any (arch)diocese? OSHA merely has to press a button to send out notifications to millions of independent contractors, such as priests, demanding proof of vaccine or weekly proof of testing, along with the threat of a $14,000 fine, to be paid not by any (arch)diocese (which will likely not be overly concerned about the issue), but to be paid by any independent contractor. That’s between him and OSHA. The (arch)diocese has nothing to do with it.
- As OSHA sends out notifications to employers of salaried employees or to contracted workers, that’s when there will be a chance to claim any religious exemptions.
- A great bit of advice I received as a priest, an “independent contractor” (self-employed) was to drag the matter out with exquisitely polite and courteous language, not in the form of a “karen” (who wishes to impose on others), but in the form of the sincerely ignorant citizen just trying to understand the situation: “I don’t understand this mandate. Is it legally binding in this constitutional republic having the rule of law? This seems to be illegal. Please explain.”
- But as all of that continues over months, the time will nevertheless come quickly when you either pay, or have one’s bank accounts or any assets seized. Once any process like that starts, it’s hard to stop. “Independent contractors” like priests are convenient examples to smack down as they often have hundreds and thousands in any parish and every last person will be looking to their leadership or lack thereof.
- It would be great if any (arch)diocese would proclaim that they are preparing litigation, ready to proceed up the chain to the Supreme Court, defending their regular salaried workers and also speaking out on behalf of any “independent contractors” without whom any (arch)diocese shuts down entirely. Sad to say, I think most priests and (arch)bishops have already been vaxed, have even coerced their priests and parishes to get vaxed, and are chomping at the bit to get their third booster shots.
- For a priest to removed from the harassment hit-list, he will have to resign his being an independent contractor. Many have said that a priest must not quit, but must rather be actively taken out by any (arch)bishop. But in this case, that won’t happen. Any penalty will not hit any (arch)diocese, but merely the contracting priest. Period. So, who cares. In order to avoid draconian penalties the priest will have to stop any contract and move out of any supplied residence, stop taking any remuneration, any insurance, all that which would bind him as a “self-employed” “independent contractor.” OSHA insistence will no longer apply to him.
- Hopefully, any (arch)bishop will not remove any strictly religious faculties such as for absolving sin.
Meanwhile, I know a(n) (arch)bishop who praised pro-lifers for not wanting to get the “vaccine,” and then immediately said that nevertheless he will be pushing the “vaccine.” That’s as bad as Wilton Gregory saying that Joe Biden gets it wrong regarding abortion, but then proceeds nevertheless to give him Holy Communion.
- But Father George! Father George! You never had to get any “vaccine” under the “vaccine mandate.” You have the option of getting a weekly Covid test!”
Well, here’s the deal. I have the strongest antibodies against Covid as anyone in the world. My doctor did all three antibody tests and I was super strong on all three. But no one is interested in this. It’s not about Covid. It’s about manipulation of consciences, social engineering: your body is owned by the State. That goes beyond the atheistic communism of the Stalinist Soviet Union. America disappears. The Constitution disappears. That’s what this is about.
As for the weekly test. I was tested early on with those long swabs that go right to the back of your nasal cavities:
Those can get infected quite easily. I know people whose infections have eaten through into their bone structure of their skulls. Yep. That’s the last thing I need. Any agitation of, say, areas 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 would cause an edema reaction that would shut off my ability to breath within minutes. In the other areas, say 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, it would only take some extra minutes for this to happen. This severe reaction is from a extremely rare hereditary condition. People think I’m so dramatic, but my mom died from this. Please don’t make fun of my mom in her last moments of agonizing suffocation. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. About 1/3 die from this. You can die this way even right in front of doctors in an emergency room because they don’t know what’s happening because the condition is so incredibly rare. My own doctor some decades ago told me that this had just happened to a young man in the emergency room of the hospital down the street. I don’t want to do this smacking of the back of the nasal cavities with those long swabs again.
Upshot (so to speak): I hope litigation quickly ends the murderous hunting down of “criminals” like me who refuse to get vaxed on both medical and religious and natural law and constitutional grounds. But that will take the Supreme Court, which at this point could go either way.
Is anyone aware of any (arch)diocese which is offering any advice about any of this to priests or other of their workers?
Would it be prudential to get my things ready to move? I mean, I realize I’m an outlier, in that I’m guessing that the vast majority of priests and bishops are vaxed and despise those priests who hold up any pro-life resistance, so that it might be the case of “good riddance” for the mere few who don’t get vaxed, you know, those who are not “men of consensus” in a sign-of-contradiction vocation are to be thrown out as trash.
Thanks, mom (RIP 1994), for making me go see this just released film just some months after I was ordained a priest. I was wondering why she was so insistent, that is, until I watched this scene unfold on the silver screen. That’s it! Honesty and integrity. That’s what she wanted to see in any priest. It’s what Jesus wants to see with any of His priests. That’s some good encouragement right there. Great. So, let’s see an analogy:
- Jesus: “I’m here to tell you this priest’s soul is intact. It’s non-negotiable. You know how I know? Someone here – and you know who that is – offered to buy it. Only this, My good priest here, wasn’t selling.”
- Liberal bishop: “Jesus, you are out of order!”
- Jesus: “Outta order? I’ll show you outta order! You don’t know what outta order is, you liberal bishop! I’d show you but you’re too old; you’re too tired; you’re too blind. I should take a FLAME-THROWER to this place! Outta order? Who do you think you’re talkin’ to? I’ve been around, you know. I have seen men like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn’t nothin’ like the sight of an amputated spirit; there is no prosthetic for that.”
Here’s the deal: Good priests want to protect the littlest of the brethren of Jesus’ Little Flock, at whatever cost to themselves. The little ones, in the womb, Jesus’ image, with whom Jesus identifies (what you have done to the least of these you have done to me) are getting their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. How can good priests do less? We must defend life against, say, the vaccine mandate, NOT getting the vaccine and instructing others about NOT getting the vaccine. Why’s that? Because big pharma has abandoned guinea pigs, gerbils, rats, mice, rhesus monkeys, etc., for research and/or development and/or testing of vaccines, and are now murdering fully developed healthy human beings to do this research and/or development and/or testing of vaccines. No one has the right to take such a vaccine just to pretend they’re going to save their own lives in this world for a few minutes. Murder for hire for self-benefit. Not good. This is said in religious terms, but it applies to everyone. It’s Natural Law: Don’t murder the innocent! Directly procured abortion is murder of the innocent, a mortal sin, that, which – all things being equal – will send those participating in such a heinous murder straight to hell, regardless of whether they think there is a hell or not.
- Liberal bishop, having failed with Jesus, attacks the priest: “We might be fined $14,000 just for you if you don’t comply! We can’t have ‘that kind of thing going on’ you stupid priest!”
So, thirty pieces of silver is now equal to $14,000, about four times as much as in biblical times. What a temptation to take to one’s grave! Oooo! $14,000 in hell. I wonder what that will buy you in hell. Judas, eagerly wanting to find out, immediately hung himself in the Field of Blood, Gehenna, Hell, to proudly present his money to Satan. How do you think that worked out?
Just 2’12” to 2’26” – fourteen seconds. It’s priceless watching the expression of the guy with no honesty, no integrity, who just hung himself, seeing honesty and integrity right in his face.
I’ve never seen this movie, just this clip. Very well done.
You’ll have to figure out in your own locales just who it is that “they” are, whether individuals in Church or State, or both.
There are those in both Church and State who want priests to compromise themselves. Nope. Ain’t gonna happen. Do your worst, and then bring that before the Eternal Judge who will indeed come to judge the living and the dead and the world by fire. Amen.
- “May I borrow your pen, sir. My endorsement, sir. I request trial by court martial.”
He was at the ready. I love that. Hahaha.
In speaking with Father Gordon MacRae the other day:
- Father George: “The Coalition for Catholic Priests just held a rally in Chicago.”
- Father Gordon: “I think they call it the Coalition for Cancelled Priests.”
- Father George: “I think that’s the same thing.”
- Father Gordon: “Hahaha! That’s right!”
You didn’t think it was the scenery did you?
The parishioners are the treasure of the Church. :-)
Let’s see. I think someone said something like that before…. Hmm…. He literally got burned to death for saying stuff like that, ever so offensive to the money counters who value money more than human lives.
What if a Bishops Conference was receiving billions of government dollars for distribution for abortion and Marxism and LGBTQ stuff, and what if they were afraid of losing “administration fees” unless they forced, say, a “vaccine” mandate on any (arch)diocese that hadn’t yet capitulated, thus, continuing to push the culture of death, the murder of the innocent for the benefit of the more powerful?
And what if a priest were recalcitrant, who said that the treasure of the Church is the souls of all, also of the least of the brethren? I wonder how that would work out.