- I didn’t mention any names.
- I didn’t endorse anyone.
- I didn’t tell anyone who to vote for.
- I didn’t mention any political parties.
So, let’s see… I did mention…
- The difference between pro-life and pro-death
- The difference between promoting the free exercise of religion and the persecution of religion
- The difference between socialism-communism-marxism-satanism and trying to follow the natural law and the ten commandments
- The difference between promoting LGBTQ+, witnessing homosexualist “marriages” and recognizing that male and female in a family context is the image of God
- The difference between KKK with slavery and respect for neighbor
Hey! Besides possibly getting an education from the IRS, maybe I’ll also get another lecture on how never to speak about moral issues in an election from certain ecclesiastical personages (who have no standing whatsoever).
What I want to do with this sermon is also to thank Father James Altman, who was smashed down for saying such things as I say here, although he has much greater rhetorical skill and fervor and solidness of spiritual life.
Father James Altman is an inspiration and hero whom I strive to follow.
3 responses to “Election sermon 2020: Tell me, IRS, can I keep this up? Thank you Fr James Altman”
oooh doggies! You should have heard my dear Baptist husband give your homily the AMEN! (actually, I heard him call it out from an adjoining room 🙂
I am with you Fr. Byers.
Way to speak up, Father!!